Republican Lawmaker wants to start grading parents:

I'm sorry, but this is how the union supported government will place your kid in state custody if you do not teach them their propaganda.

You are so right!

I think every parent in America should Homeschool their children from ages 5-18.

That way you can teach them YOUR propaganda only!

I am actually in the process of pulling my daughter out of government education so that I can home school her. I just hope God can forgive me for sending her there for only half a year of kindergarten.

Why?

College students do it. If possible, I avoid any professor who has a terrible rating consistently and it's not just one or two bad reviews.

Of those who know about it, I would say pretty much all of my friends at least check to see how their professor is going to be. All the times I've used it, I have to say it's been completely accurate about every professor.

I have to wonder, though, what are they rated on? I would expect that college, like high school students, would give great ratings to professors who had the easiest/fewest assignments or required the least amount of effort to pass the course.

I have to wonder, though, what are they rated on? I would expect that college, like high school students, would give great ratings to professors who had the easiest/fewest assignments or required the least amount of effort to pass the course.

You could always take a look at the link, not a big secret or anything. :lol:

There's overall, helpfulness, clarity, and easiness. For example, one of the reviews that someone left for a professor had a 5/5 for clarity (5/5 is the best), 5/5 for helpfulness, and 2/5 for easiness but the professor is considered to be good. People write in the comments their thoughts on the class and or professor.

Of course, some people just want the easiest professor. Especially for it's a general education class that holds no interest for them or for a major class where they don't want to get stuck with a professor who's going to treat it as if it is their only class. However, many people just want the best professor, especially if it's for a class they need to know the material for future classes.

Of course all the parents on here would get an "A"-but what do you all think about this?

Good idea or not, and why?

Florida lawmaker wants teachers to grade parents - CNN.com

Utter madness.

This is the worst idea since the idea to spend our way out of debt came out.

Lets be honest here. How the fuck are they going to know? If one or both parents work late hours they can't make it to the meetings, so they get fucked, even if they spend all the time they can helping the kid out.
Not every parent remembers science, algebra or history.
How you gonna help a kid in chorus if you can't carry a tune in a buckett?

Just simple utter mindless over reaching big gov big brother madness.

Don't pay attention to it. The Republican teacher only wanted her name in the paper. We know Republicans don't care for education so when one pretends they do, it makes "news".

Must you be a moron with every chance you get?

Do you ever think to yourself;

"meh, I don't want to be a troll this time, so I'll add something to the conversation w/o insulting anyone." ?

Any school reform that doesn't start out by executing a randomly selected grouo of school board members on national TV isn't going to work.

There are 35,000 schools systems in this nation, folks.

You guys talk about our schools as though they are run by bureucrats in Washington.

They're not.

School boards in this nation are THE perfect counter-argument to some right wing asshats' cherished theory that local governments are always better governments.

Any school reform that doesn't start out by executing a randomly selected grouo of school board members on national TV isn't going to work.

You guys talk about our schools as though they are run by bureucrats in Washington.

They're not.

School boards in this nation are THE perfect counter-argument to some right wing asshats' cherished theory that local governments are always better governments.

:lol:

Ever hear of the Department of Education?

Before the creation of the Federal Bureucracy, America was highly ranked, since the creation we have steadily fallen.

so, lefty asshat, what's to cherrish about big government that's already stepped in and made things worse? :lol:

As long as the report card isn't published in the newspaper, I think it's a great idea.

Of course all the parents on here would get an "A"-but what do you all think about this?

Good idea or not, and why?

Florida lawmaker wants teachers to grade parents - CNN.com

Stupid idea and a waste of taxpayer money, it's a bullshit, manipulative way to try and get parents more involved. What happens if the parents get a failing grade? ..... :lol:

Not everything reflects taxpayer money. A simple line added to the report card when they have to be printed anyway? Please...

If report cards still have the line for each subject that give the options Satisfactory, Needs Improvement, Failing, then I absolutely think a line could be added "Parental Assistance Needed." It might be a wakeup call to said parents, and I think that's a good thing.

I'm sorry, but this is how the union supported government will place your kid in state custody if you do not teach them their propaganda.

You are so right!

I think every parent in America should Homeschool their children from ages 5-18.

That way you can teach them YOUR propaganda only!

I am actually in the process of pulling my daughter out of government education so that I can home school her. I just hope God can forgive me for sending her there for only half a year of kindergarten.

Oh dear, what did she learn in only 3 months of kindergarten? That all teachers are Commies?

It's a terrible idea and will only cause more work and more friction between parents and teachers. I would like to see parents held accountable for truancy and neglect, but there are other laws on the books dealing with that. How about enforcement of existing laws? There's a concept.

Parents love POSITIVE feedback about their children. And when they realize that teachers truly do care about their kids, they will support that teacher even when their little darling misbehaves. Psych. 101

Sure, in the better schools. But how many parents in the inner city ghettos give a shit? To many of them, the teachers are just prepaid babysitters. Maybe with a great big inyourface smackdown of MOM or DAD on a report card, it might be just the shove the parent(s) needs to become more involved.

I like the idea because at this point, I'm willing to try anything to improve the quality of primary education. Screw the political correctness of it.

They're not.

:lol:

Ever hear of the Department of Education?

Before the creation of the Federal Bureucracy, America was highly ranked, since the creation we have steadily fallen.

so, lefty asshat, what's to cherrish about big government that's already stepped in and made things worse? :lol:

DE has nothing to do with curriculum, other than the testing mandates of NCLB.

I pulled my daughter out of public school very late - after she went through public middle school. I put her in an independent school because there was no control in the public. I had nothing against the teachers, and I still don't, but the people making the decisions were incompetent. And this was in a district well known for its "great schools". When my son went to school even the elementary grades were a disaster. There was one terrible teacher, the rest were great, but again, it was the decision makers/administrators that just destroyed his early education. I pulled him out & home schooled him.

Forum List

Back