Republican Lawmaker wants to start grading parents:

It's a bad idea. It's a massive overreach of the government and an intrusion into the home. How involved or uninvolved we are with our children's education is none of their business.

i have to love the party of 'small government'. :rofl:

that said, i think encouraging parents to partner with teachers to help their kids isn't a bad idea.

but grading them is a bit kooky.

I think the idea of grading parents is great, but it would have no impact. Nor would it have any reflection of a child's grades. So my answer is no.

Can we grade teachers, principals and schools too? I have been for that for years and years and years.

Last edited:
Don't pay attention to it. The Republican teacher only wanted her name in the paper. We know Republicans don't care for education so when one pretends they do, it makes "news".

I think we ought to alingn a parents standard child income tax deduction with their childs grades. D or lower maybe 25% of the normal deduction. Graduated up to an A = 125% of the normal deduction.
Drop out = 0 deduction.

It's a bad idea. It's a massive overreach of the government and an intrusion into the home. How involved or uninvolved we are with our children's education is none of their business.

This folks is a real Conservative answer as opposed to the proposal provided by the party of "Small Government."

I think the idea of grading parents is great, but it would have no impact. Nor would it have any reflection of a child's grades. So my answer is no.

Can we grade teachers, principals and schools too? I have been for that for years and years and years.

College students do it. If possible, I avoid any professor who has a terrible rating consistently and it's not just one or two bad reviews.

Rate My Professors | Find and rate your professor, campus and more - RateMyProfessors.com

Of those who know about it, I would say pretty much all of my friends at least check to see how their professor is going to be. All the times I've used it, I have to say it's been completely accurate about every professor.

Don't pay attention to it. The Republican teacher only wanted her name in the paper. We know Republicans don't care for education so when one pretends they do, it makes "news".

It'll make news the day you pretend to have a brain cell........

I'm sorry, but this is how the union supported government will place your kid in state custody if you do not teach them their propaganda.

I'm sorry, but this is how the union supported government will place your kid in state custody if you do not teach them their propaganda.

You are so right!

I think every parent in America should Homeschool their children from ages 5-18.

That way you can teach them YOUR propaganda only!

You are so right!

I think every parent in America should Homeschool their children from ages 5-18.

That way you can teach them YOUR propaganda only!

I am actually in the process of pulling my daughter out of government education so that I can home school her. I just hope God can forgive me for sending her there for only half a year of kindergarten.

It's a terrible idea and will only cause more work and more friction between parents and teachers. I would like to see parents held accountable for truancy and neglect, but there are other laws on the books dealing with that. How about enforcement of existing laws? There's a concept.

Parents love POSITIVE feedback about their children. And when they realize that teachers truly do care about their kids, they will support that teacher even when their little darling misbehaves. Psych. 101

Forum List

Back