Republican Joe Wilson of SC called President a liar during the joint session

Don't forget Eric Cantor merely texting throughout the entire speech. I'd say it's surprising but then I'd be lying.

I know white trash when I see it, and Joe is it.

I was thinking the repubs showed a lot more class than the dems did whenever Bush spoke.
I thought he was lying when he said he would not sign anything that raised the deficit. So far, his record does not match his words.
His "scare" speech of telling people that they are one illness away from bankrupcy was designed for people to hand over control of their lives to the gov (give up the bill of rights). His lack of details is similar to asking someone to sign a blank piece of paper and telling them they will write the contract later.
Ask yourself: if the congress wrote a bill over one thousand pages (the constitution was under twenty, depending on the font), why is there NO PROTECTION for citizens/patients?
How does a politician tell his voters, F U? He says trust me (what the pres said tonight).

During a September 9th 2009 speech to Congress by President Obama, Wilson created controvery by calling out "You lie!" as Obama said there was no coverage for illegal immigrants in his healthcare plan. However, section 246 of the bill HR3200 is entitled "No Federal Payment for Undocumented Aliens" and states that no funds will be spent to cover illegal immigrants.

Who is lying Rep Wilson???

Even John McCain said Wilson should apologize

Joe Wilson joins Joe the plumber, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck as the face of the Republican party.

His out burst over shadows many Republicans who felt Obama reached out to the right offering tort reform and not insisting on a public option.

Joe Wilson just called the White House and apologized...claiming his emotions got the best of him

Yup, he sure did:

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”

Republicans treated the speech tonight as if it were a town hall meeting, simply disrespectful.

Yup, he sure did:

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”

Republicans treated the speech tonight as if it were a town hall meeting, simply disrespectful.
Gotta give him a kudo's for the apology though...

Gotta give him a kudo's for the apology though...

I suppose he realized how bad this will look tomorrow and apologized right away. I'm wondering if he thought he could get away with heckling the President in such a rude manner.

Joe Wilson joins Joe the plumber, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck as the face of the Republican party.

His out burst over shadows many Republicans who felt Obama reached out to the right offering tort reform and not insisting on a public option.

Awww, you left out the worst one...Sean "don't waterboard me bro" Hannity.....

I know white trash when I see it, and Joe is it.

I was thinking the repubs showed a lot more class than the dems did whenever Bush spoke.
I thought he was lying when he said he would not sign anything that raised the deficit. So far, his record does not match his words.
His "scare" speech of telling people that they are one illness away from bankrupcy was designed for people to hand over control of their lives to the gov (give up the bill of rights). His lack of details is similar to asking someone to sign a blank piece of paper and telling them they will write the contract later.
Ask yourself: if the congress wrote a bill over one thousand pages (the constitution was under twenty, depending on the font), why is there NO PROTECTION for citizens/patients?
How does a politician tell his voters, F U? He says trust me (what the pres said tonight).

I'm still trying to figure out why, when Bush was in office and Republicans had BOTH HOUSES for years and years, the only ones they helped were the Heath Care companies. Don't the Republicans care about the average American? Doesn't seem that way. If actions speak louder than words, Republicans have already told us what they think about the common guy.

But I like the Republican plan. All four sentences.

During a September 9th 2009 speech to Congress by President Obama, Wilson created controvery by calling out "You lie!" as Obama said there was no coverage for illegal immigrants in his healthcare plan. However, section 246 of the bill HR3200 is entitled "No Federal Payment for Undocumented Aliens" and states that no funds will be spent to cover illegal immigrants.

Doe this mean emergencies rooms will start denying care to illegals?

Well..Obama is lying.

It will cover illegals

ObamaCare Will Cover Illegal Immigrants Says Congressional Research Service

From the Congressional Research Service

"Under H.R. 3200, a ‘Health Insurance Exchange’ would begin operation in 2013 and would offer private plans alongside a public option…H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens—whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently—participating in the Exchange.”

CRS also notes that “undocumented aliens” who have a “substantial presence” in the US would be required to buy health insurance (page 4) through the exchanges in HR3200. They would also become eligible for “emergency Medicaid,” although not normal Medicaid (page 6) for up to five years.

People should be more upset with Obama lying to everyone in the country

Doe this mean emergencies rooms will start denying care to illegals?

Once that healthcare plan passes, I would hope so. But keep in mind, when the voters in CA passed Prop 187, those kinds of provisions were struck down as unConstitutional.

Oh Boo Hoo! Someone actually dared to call your Hopey Changey a liar? You guys called George Bush a lot worse than that for God's sake. So please quit ya whinin. Man,when did hateful Liberals become so thin-skinned and whiny? Geez!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back