Republican Hypocrisy

ROFLMNAO...

That is hysterical...

Bring us this table of national debt by president which shows this and I'll school ya on it.

Suffice it to say that in the interim, you're entirely WRONG.

100% of the US Federal Debt is a result of Leftist Policy... Between the New Deal and The Great Society and all of the annual increases; all the add-ons and supplements... The tab for those Leftist train-wrecks is in excess of over 12 trillion dollars...

Care to guess what the US Federal Debt is these days?

mmm-hmmmm... mmm-hmmmm...

OK, by % of gdp:
National-Debt-GDP.gif

And by real dollars:
21040d1212792152-what-will-you-give-up-pay-national_debt.jpg

OK, I would now like for you to school me. I've been out of school for too long apparently, only studying the left wing bloggers and the liberal media.

Could we get the same graph, but with the controlling party in congress?

give it a rest, rabbi. The budget comes from the white house. I know, i know, it's supposed to initiate in the house of representatives, but this hasn't been the practice here in reality for the last 100 years or so.

Have you forgotten "deficits don't matter?" the mantra of reagan, continued by subsequent republicans. Except, of course, when the dems are in office.

And since we're on the topic of blaming congress when it's convenient, when's the last time either party had a 2/3 majority? It is extraordinarily difficult for congress to do anything when the opposition holds the presidency.

ok,. So you agree that when democrats control congress, the deficit skyrockets. When republicans control it, it shinks. Except in cases where republicans want to act like democrats (and be "bipartisan").
Thanks for clearing that up. If anyone wants fiscal prudence they will vote for republicans who pledge to act like republicans.

:pulls hair out:

Yeah it sucks being wrong.
If you can show that tthe deficit shrank when Dems controlled Congress and grew when the GOP controlled it then I will be happy to agree with you.
Anything else is merely obfuscating.

I'm counting on you being wrong

There are people out there who actually think Palin is actually intelligent enough to be president!

Palin lovers see her and say "I like her, she's just like me!" Yeah, an idiot.

(This explains Fox's high ratings). I dont want someone "just like me" running the country. Having a beer with Bush was something a lot of people wanted to do as well, and we see how this turned out.

☭proletarian☭;2090242 said:
Democrats have proven themselves the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet. And of course the Party of Fuck You.
Anything Republicans do pales in comparison.

lol ...

I find it quite funny to read this considering the Republicans didn't understand the meaning fiscal responsibility until a D was in office and now the deficit and spending is their favorite drum to beat on.

Anybody who honestly thinks that one party is more hypocritical than another is just deluding themselves.

You're a fucking joke, Rabbi.

:clap2:

qft

I say QFMFT as well.

Democrats have proven themselves the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet. And of course the Party of Fuck You.
Anything Republicans do pales in comparison.

lol ...

I find it quite funny to read this considering the Republicans didn't understand the meaning fiscal responsibility until a D was in office and now the deficit and spending is their favorite drum to beat on.

Anybody who honestly thinks that one party is more hypocritical than another is just deluding themselves.

You're a fucking joke, Rabbi.

***Snipped***

I can see you've already fucked up and gotten yourself banned for a minute. Here's another sound piece of advise, PI ... if you want your return here at USMB to be a pleasant and long lasting one--stay the fuck away from me. Don't quote me, don't post at me, don't even think about me. I've purposely stayed the fuck away from you since you returned and for your own good I suggest you do the same. I despise you and nothing would make me happier than to toss your ass out of here for another extended period of time.

Someone give A15 a beer before he kills us all...

ok,. So you agree that when democrats control congress, the deficit skyrockets. When republicans control it, it shinks. Except in cases where republicans want to act like democrats (and be "bipartisan").
Thanks for clearing that up. If anyone wants fiscal prudence they will vote for republicans who pledge to act like republicans.

If you can show that tthe deficit shrank when Dems controlled Congress and grew when the GOP controlled it then I will be happy to agree with you.

Wow Rabbi... Shit. The first 15 times you said that unsubstantiated BULLSHIT I thought you were just an idiot. But now that you've said it a 16th... Ye gods my whole image of you is blown.

I mean, you're brilliant! Even though the budget comes from the white house, you, all by yourself, found out it's a big scam and it's actually the dems in congress that were responsible. Reagan saying "DEFICITS DON'T MATTER" and Cheney re-iterating it some 25 years later... All just semantics.

It's the dems after all! Three cheers for Rabbi, clearly brilliant beyond his years.

Wow Rabbi... Shit. The first 15 times you said that unsubstantiated BULLSHIT I thought you were just an idiot. But now that you've said it a 16th... Ye gods my whole image of you is blown.

I mean, you're brilliant! Even though the budget comes from the white house, you, all by yourself, found out it's a big scam and it's actually the dems in congress that were responsible. Reagan saying "DEFICITS DON'T MATTER" and Cheney re-iterating it some 25 years later... All just semantics.

It's the dems after all! Three cheers for Rabbi, clearly brilliant beyond his years.

Hey dumshit. All I did was ask you to show which budgets were passed by Democratic and which by Republican Congresses. The budget must come from Congress. All spending bills must originate in the House.
You can't do that so it's my fault.
What a piece of work.

Hey dumshit. All I did was ask you to show which budgets were passed by Democratic and which by Republican Congresses. The budget must come from Congress. All spending bills must originate in the House.
You can't do that so it's my fault.
What a piece of work.

No, you didn't "Ask" me anything. You claimed, with no backing whatsoever, that it was dems in congress that were responsible in spite of the republican presidents. You said this over, and over, and over, never even attempting to prove it.

I will say this slowly and repetitively so you can let it sink in.

The President writes the budget. The President writes the budget. The President writes the budget. The President writes the budget. Granted, congress must pass the budget. But the President writes the budget.

To humor you, I looked into the status of your kabookie claim. I could not find a colorful graph, however, I will slowly explain to you the status of your kabookie claim.

Reagan had zero years majority in House, and 6 years majority in the Senate.
G.H.W.B had zero years majority in both houses.
Clinton had two years majority in both houses.
Dubya had six years majority in the House, and four in the Senate.

All that said, there seems to me that there is no direct correlation between the two, or very little correlation at best, whereas there is clearly a direct correlation between the White House and the deficit. The reason this is so: you see, Rabbi, The President writes the budget.

For the Republicans when the Democrats are in power, big government is bad.

And when the Republicans themselves are in power, it's unpatriotic to criticize the government.

It's a win-win for the GOP.

For the Republicans when the Democrats are in power, big government is bad.

And when the Republicans themselves are in power, it's unpatriotic to criticize the government.

It's a win-win for the GOP.

It would be a win-win for all of us if you'd leave the country.

Yep. I've stated before that I will probably never vote for another Republican again. They say they want smaller government, but their actions say they don't. I wonder how many other votes they've lost forever? At least with the Democrats, you know what you're going to get. That's why I vote 3rd party.

The Repugs lost votes a long time ago. Somewhere along the way "Smaller Government" and "Balanced Budgets" just became buzz words. Men the likes of Dwight D. Eisenhower, Barry Goldwater and Everett Dirkson would be banned from the modern party.

The Republican Party cannot be taken seriously over its ranting and raving about debt spending when it continues to harbor trough feeders like Thad Cochran and Bill Young selfishly stuffing their faces with our tax dollars.

The top earmarkers in both the House and Senate are Republicans, even after the GOP has spent much of the past year making fiscal restraint and runaway government spending the centerpiece of its political message.

Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.) and Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) — both atop defense spending panels — led their respective bodies in securing earmarks, according to an analysis by the nonprofit Taxpayers for Common Sense.

Read more: Republicans lead earmark list - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

*oh fucking yawn*:rolleyes:

The Republican Party cannot be taken seriously over its ranting and raving about debt spending when it continues to harbor trough feeders like Thad Cochran and Bill Young selfishly stuffing their faces with our tax dollars.

The top earmarkers in both the House and Senate are Republicans, even after the GOP has spent much of the past year making fiscal restraint and runaway government spending the centerpiece of its political message.

Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.) and Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) — both atop defense spending panels — led their respective bodies in securing earmarks, according to an analysis by the nonprofit Taxpayers for Common Sense.

Read more: Republicans lead earmark list - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

I wasn't happy about the increase in spending when Republicans controlled Congress -but can we focus on reality here? Hey some Republicans have taken earmarks so it nullifies the words and warnings of them ALL about the financial situation this nation faces, right? Because after all, not only did Democrats shoot down an attempt by a Republican for the Senate to declare a one year moratorium on earmarks, NO Democrat at all is sounding any warning about the financial situation of this nation and that must mean NO PROBLEM here! OMG! As repulsed as I may be by seeing any member of Congress stick their damned earmarks in bills, it isn't earmarks that got this nation into trouble. (And where were your whines when Obama moved to become the 2nd top earmark earner in Congress by the end of his first year as Senator -which also happens to be his sole accomplishment as Senator. Bet you had no problem with that -or the fact that at that time 8 of the top 10 earmark earners were Democrats. Oh no, ONLY if Republicans alter than equation in any way do you suddenly have a problem with earmarks. But again, earmarks in bills amount to a pea on that mountain that is the real problem here! You could remove all earmarks entirely and it wouldn't change the situation we are facing whatsoever.)

Can you just not comprehend the difference between a $500 billion debt and $1.8 trillion debt? Need to see a graph of what THAT rate of increase looks like that just took place in Obama's first year -and the projected debt that is 8-10 times higher at the end of four years than what it was when Obama took office?

We have an out of control Congress run by Democrats indulging in their wet dream spending spree -with such serious outstanding debt now that Moody's has announced that unless something changes drastically and very soon, it will have no choice but to downgrade the credit rating of the United States government. Not from the debt, borrowing and rate of spending we had at the end of 2006, when Republicans last controlled Congress and not as the result of earmarks accumulated by politicians in both parties combined. But from the debt, borrowing and rate of spending we have RIGHT NOW after a White House and Congress controlled by a super majority of DEMOCRATS nearly QUADRUPLED our debt in just one year and our deficit is projected to be 8-10 times more in 2012 than it was in 2006. Let me see -it took more than 200 years for our debt to be what it was at the end of 2006. And it took Democrats just ONE YEAR to quadruple it. And YOU think it is Republicans who should shut up about it because they once increased the rate of government spending by a fraction of that? You really falling for that piece of idiotic thinking telling you that if one side did anything at all you didn't like, it means the other side gets a "freebie" to do it by a factor of ten? Do you have ANY comprehension what will result from downgrading the credit rating of the US both to this nation and YOU personally?

Does that work for you in your private life that way too? That kind of "brilliant" thinking would mean if you put $5,000 on your credit card over the course of six years - you have no right to complain when your spouse puts another $50,000 on it in the next couple, right? You are both idiots to rack up that kind of debt on a credit card in the first place -but yeah only in liberal la-la land is there such little difference between $5,000 and $50,000 that the person who put $5,000 on the card would be a hypocrite to complain when their spouse goes out of control nutso with spending to the point they now risk bankruptcy from a level of debt they cannot pay at all. What Moody has said is that our government is now at the point where even paying on the interest on our loans is becoming increasingly unlikely much less EVER being able to pay off the loans themselves. Which means our government faces a much higher risk of bankruptcy than at ANY TIME IN OUR HISTORY. So sure, I can see why your real gripe here is with those "hypocrite" Republicans trying to sound the warning on this one when they once increased the rate of government spending just a fraction of what Democrats have done.

I'm not even going to try and explain what the dire consequences to both this nation and YOU personally will be if our credit rating is downgraded - except to say take a good look at what is happening in Greece because we are WAY down that identical path already and it may already be too late to avoid the collapse of our own house of cards.

Except for a couple of independents in Congress, we only have Democrats and Republicans serving in Congress. So "oh wise one", since you think Republicans have no right to sound the warning on this one because they once years ago increased the rate of government spending a fraction of what Democrats have done -then exactly WHO are you waiting to hear from before you are able to take it seriously that this out of control wet dream spending spree of Democrats in control of our government - is actually posing a serious risk to this nation, its financial stability and national security? Republicans warnings didn't do it, Moody's warnings didn't do it, the increasingly shrill warnings of pro-US economists didn't do it, seeing Greece that engaged in nearly identical financial policies collapse with their citizens rioting in the streets didn't do it for you either.

But hey, how about those hypocrite Republicans trying to sound the warning on this one after they years ago increased the rate of government spending by a fraction of what Democrats have done in just one. It has got to suck to be such a political ideologue to be SO devoid of critical thinking skills, rational thought -and just plain common sense.

it isn't earmarks that got this nation into trouble.
Not alone, but they are one part of the great problem of fiscal idiocy.
We have an out of control Congress run by Democrats indulging in their wet dream spending spree

And before that we had an out of control Congress run by Republicans indulging in their wet dream spending spree. Party affiliation ad the exact details of what they waste our non-existent money on are not he problem
-with such serious outstanding debt now that Moody's has announced that unless something changes drastically and very soon, it will have no choice but to downgrade the credit rating of the United States government

A result of a problem starting long before Obama or the current Congress.

Let me see -it took more than 200 years for our debt to be what it was at the end of 2006.

Not really, but okay. The Federal Reserve isn't two hundred years old, but whatever..
And it took Democrats just ONE YEAR to quadruple it.

Quadruple?

514px-USDebt.png

Every time you partisans open your mouths, you from claiming a doubling to a tripling and now a quadrupling- with no evidence to support your exaggerations.

☭proletarian☭;2022428 said:
Doesn't matter. Americans are too stupid for it to matter.

Spoken like a true elitist liberal who has an inordinately high opinion of himself and a low opinion of the rest of mankind. Same kind of reasoning that makes liberals believe they are the "natural" rulers of man and have an inherent right to impose their will on everyone else.

☭proletarian☭;2103278 said:
it isn't earmarks that got this nation into trouble.
Not alone, but they are one part of the great problem of fiscal idiocy.
We have an out of control Congress run by Democrats indulging in their wet dream spending spree

And before that we had an out of control Congress run by Republicans indulging in their wet dream spending spree. Party affiliation ad the exact details of what they waste our non-existent money on are not he problem

A result of a problem starting long before Obama or the current Congress.

Let me see -it took more than 200 years for our debt to be what it was at the end of 2006.

Not really, but okay. The Federal Reserve isn't two hundred years old, but whatever..
And it took Democrats just ONE YEAR to quadruple it.

Quadruple?

514px-USDebt.png

Every time you partisans open your mouths, you from claiming a doubling to a tripling and now a quadrupling- with no evidence to support your exaggerations.

Reading comprehension problem? I never said the Federal Reserve was more than 200 years old. What I said is that it should be abolished.

I didn't say that we had no problem until Obama -what I said is those problems have rapidly accelerated under Obama. And they have. The fact the problem started before Obama doesn't mean we must just go along with it as it accelerates under Obama. I have never understood that kind of complaint. This isn't a partisan issue because big spenders pushing their policies that require ever more borrowing by our government come from both parties. Returning them to office over and over so they can keep right on doing it and suggesting that since there are big spenders in both parties we must be silent about the increasingly precarious situation it creates for this country is ridiculous.

It is a FACT that because of our government's level of debt and borrowing, Moody's is threatening to downgrade the credit rating of our government. That is not a good thing and isn't a Republican/Democrat issue. This wouldn't just have a huge impact on our government's ability to continue borrowing money, it will have a huge negative impact PERSONALLY on all individual Americans as well -regardless of whether they happen to be Democrat or Republican. Having foreign countries, especially ones that are be semi-hostile or adversaries of the US, own so much of our debt -is not a good thing. That situation was recognized decades ago as a threat to national security and a really bad thing since it means such nations can, would and DO use that as leverage to manipulate US policies for their OWN benefit and at the expense of the best interests of the US. If our government's main source for borrowing threatens to cut us off unless we do what it wants on specific issues -what do you really think will happen?

Or do you really think its just coincidence that the White House National Security Council recently directed US spy agencies to lower their priority of intelligence collection regarding China? The same nation that is KNOWN to be the source for practically ALL of the nonstop cyber attacks on US government and military computers and classified databases. A decision that was UNSUCCESSFULLY challenged by Director of National Intelligence Dennis C. Blair and CIA Director Leon E. Panetta. We all know that he who pays the piper's fee gets to call the tune and THIS order which is so blatantly contrary to the nation's best interests - is proof positive about the power those who own our debt really have in running OUR country.

If THAT is just a partisan issue to you, then I would suggest it is you with the partisan problems that places the interests of party over the welfare and national security of the nation itself.

Forum List

Back