Republican hatred for the President of the United States endangers the entire world

Republicans distaste for the community organizer PALES in comparison to the lefts endless hysteria regarding Bush.

Gee, and another liberal has recently been claiming that conservatives are always preaching doom and gloom!

Did the liberal "hatred" of Bush "endanger the entire world"?

As I've said before, the liberals in this forum are not representative of mainstream liberals. They are on the extreme fringe of the left.

You're right.........he DID give away five high ranking terrorists for one deserter.

Quick question............have YOU ever served? One of the things that is promised to you as an American Fighting Person is that you will never be left behind.

Even if you do something stupid like Berghdal did and leave your post. The military wants to make sure you are awarded everything you deserve, even if it means life in jail for desertion.

But..............one of the guarantees of the military is that you are always going to be brought home if possible.

Yes, I served. I don't recall getting that promise.

But I do know it exists, as a code among soldiers. Obama is no soldier, never was. A deserter is not worth 5 Taliban leaders. Obama screwed that up big time. What a negotiator he is.

You're right......Obama is not a soldier and never has been......but neither has any other President since Bush Sr.

As far as the promise of being brought back? It was reiterated to me each and every time, every 6 months when I had to attend Navy Rights and Responsibilities. We were told that if captured, we would be brought back, no matter what.

If Berghdahl is a deserter or traitor, I want to know, and I want him to be held up as an example of even if you're a soup sandwich (the Navy term for a total fuck up), we will bring you home.

It's one of the reasons I stuck it out for 20 years.

Whatever. It was a bad deal, obama fucked it up. I don't expect a lib to ever admit it. He'd probably surrender the USA to Iran to get any other deserter out there. Bringing them home is one thing, giving up the farm for a deserter is another.
When the negotiations began, they were requesting 16 prisoners at gitmo to be released, and he settled for 5 being TRANSFERRED, a pretty good deal, considering near everyone in Gitmo is being released or transferred, other than a handful or two.... The Afghanistan war is winding down, we legally have to release (or transfer to another country's security) them all, but the handful.

And it matters NOT whether Bergdahl was an alleged deserter or not...the protocol of bringing all men home, leaving no man behind, does not have caveats of "Unless".....

We released and or transfered over 500 GITMO prisoners under President Bush, of which over 170 of them ended up fighting us again on the War field...

And we got no American prisoners back for those releases....so we got nothing for releasing them....

Getting an American citizen back was a sweet deal imo....considering they were going to be released anyway.

And releasing them was a bad idea as well. Bad plan from this corrupt and incompetent administration all around.
You are using the wrong word, which are defined in Military code,

Released- is being released to go as they please.

Transferred- is being sent to another country as guardian, either imprisoned there or limited travel and correspondence and watched or guarded, they are held in some form of captivity for a defined period of time, usually a year or so if they have shown a clean bill of health so to say...no contacts or bad doings with whom they worked for in the past etc type things...if they have done these things they can be held captive longer.

These 5 men were Transferred they were NOT Released.

And since this was the only way to "Leave no man Behind" and these 5 men were going to be released from Gitmo in the near future ANY WAY, due to the Afghan War winding down and the LAW governing such prisoners,

IT WAS A SWEET DEAL.

Sorry, but No matter how you guys want to spin it in the negative sense just to demean your President, it was a pretty good deal, and I am glad we brought our last American military p.o.w. left in the world, home.

Yes, I served. I don't recall getting that promise.

But I do know it exists, as a code among soldiers. Obama is no soldier, never was. A deserter is not worth 5 Taliban leaders. Obama screwed that up big time. What a negotiator he is.

You're right......Obama is not a soldier and never has been......but neither has any other President since Bush Sr.

As far as the promise of being brought back? It was reiterated to me each and every time, every 6 months when I had to attend Navy Rights and Responsibilities. We were told that if captured, we would be brought back, no matter what.

If Berghdahl is a deserter or traitor, I want to know, and I want him to be held up as an example of even if you're a soup sandwich (the Navy term for a total fuck up), we will bring you home.

It's one of the reasons I stuck it out for 20 years.

Whatever. It was a bad deal, obama fucked it up. I don't expect a lib to ever admit it. He'd probably surrender the USA to Iran to get any other deserter out there. Bringing them home is one thing, giving up the farm for a deserter is another.
When the negotiations began, they were requesting 16 prisoners at gitmo to be released, and he settled for 5 being TRANSFERRED, a pretty good deal, considering near everyone in Gitmo is being released or transferred, other than a handful or two.... The Afghanistan war is winding down, we legally have to release (or transfer to another country's security) them all, but the handful.

And it matters NOT whether Bergdahl was an alleged deserter or not...the protocol of bringing all men home, leaving no man behind, does not have caveats of "Unless".....

We released and or transfered over 500 GITMO prisoners under President Bush, of which over 170 of them ended up fighting us again on the War field...

And we got no American prisoners back for those releases....so we got nothing for releasing them....

Getting an American citizen back was a sweet deal imo....considering they were going to be released anyway.

And releasing them was a bad idea as well. Bad plan from this corrupt and incompetent administration all around.
You are using the wrong word, which are defined in Military code,

Released- is being released to go as they please.

Transferred- is being sent to another country as guardian, either imprisoned there or limited travel and correspondence and watched or guarded, they are held in some form of captivity for a defined period of time, usually a year or so if they have shown a clean bill of health so to say...no contacts or bad doings with whom they worked for in the past etc type things...if they have done these things they can be held captive longer.

These 5 men were Transferred they were NOT Released.

And since this was the only way to "Leave no man Behind" and these 5 men were going to be released from Gitmo in the near future ANY WAY, due to the Afghan War winding down and the LAW governing such prisoners,

IT WAS A SWEET DEAL.

Sorry, but No matter how you guys want to spin it in the negative sense just to demean your President, it was a pretty good deal, and I am glad we brought our last American military p.o.w. left in the world, home.

When they got to the place we sent them they were immediately released. At least three of them that we know of are back in the fight.

It was a bad deal and no matter how you left wing nutjobs try to spin it, it was another in a long line of failures by your president.

Forum List

Back