Republican Governors have a short shelf life.

Gop-Approval-Ratings-Chart-Embed.jpg

you know what else they all have in common?

Their job approval rate is higher than Obama's.

No they are not

Wrong, According to RCP's Average of Several Polls he is at 47%

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

But the article on the governors doesn't give an average of polls. It presents the results of only a couple of carefully selected polls, the worst ones the author could find. Furthermore, it compares their approval ratings with their election percentage, not prior approval ratings.

It's just another sleazy piece of propaganda designed to discourage Republicans from pursuing their agenda.

But the article on the governors doesn't give an average of polls. It presents the results of only a couple of carefully selected polls, the worst ones the author could find. Furthermore, it compares their approval ratings with their election percentage, not prior approval ratings.

It's just another sleazy piece of propaganda designed to discourage Republicans from pursuing their agenda.

Show us all the better polls then. Show us the poll averages that put all of these governors higher than President Obama. Put up or shut up.

Show us all the better polls then. Show us the poll averages that put all of these governors higher than President Obama. Put up or shut up.

It's still not a good comparison. These guys have only been in office for SIX MONTHS. What were the President's approval ratings at the six month mark?

I vote that he just shuts up.

Despite the fact that you have NO IDEA how long they will be in office you say they had a short shelf life? Epic logic fail.

But I do understand your reason for the post. Obama's presidency has been such an utter failure that you desperately need to deflect attention away from him so that you don't feel stupid having voted for him.

You know whats real funny, Everyone of their Job Approval Rating is Higher than the RCP Average for Obama.

Hmmmm?

lol

What are you talking about? Obama's approval rating is averaging 47%. You are looking at the percentages they were elected with at the top. Their approval ratings are at the bottom, and they are way below Obama's.

awww. crap... I looked at the top numbers, not the bottow...apologies.

however, the ratings I showed for the Democratic governors were equally as bad... some worse.

my point is...

they all suck right now except for a select 2 or 3. So singling out only one side or the other is partisan hackery.

NOTE; Also, there is the fact that these are carefully selected polls, not averages of multiple polls like you'd expect.

Last edited:
You know whats real funny, Everyone of their Job Approval Rating is Higher than the RCP Average for Obama.

Hmmmm?

lol

What are you talking about? Obama's approval rating is averaging 47%. You are looking at the percentages they were elected with at the top. Their approval ratings are at the bottom, and they are way below Obama's.

awww. crap... I looked at the top numbers, not the bottow...apologies.

however, the ratings I showed for the Democratic governors were equally as bad... some worse.

my point is...

they all suck right now except for a select 2 or 3. So singling out only one side or the other is partisan hackery.

NOTE; Also, there is the fact that these are carefully selected polls, not averages of multiple polls like you'd expect.

I just want to say how much I appreciate your honesty. To be honest back I mostly posted that link because I happen to love red and will admit to now and then practicing partisan hackery. But I've seen tons of that since I joined this board. So I really didn't think twice about that part of it. Kind of the pot meeting the kettle, know what I mean?

I'm fully aware that polls are only a snapshot of that moment in time and everything will change. Up or down? Who knows. But I love politics and will continue to post some hackery I'm sure. So I really do appreciate the tone of your posts on this thread and I'll look forward to posting with you.

And in the meantime...

Andrew Cuomo approval sky-high, new poll suggests

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN | 6/29/11 7:16 AM EDT
As buzz about a potential 2016 presidential campaign spreads, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s approval rating is the strongest it’s been since he took office at the beginning of the year, a poll released Wednesday finds.

The Democrat’s overall approval rating in a Quinnipiac University survey conducted last week, just as Cuomo and the state legislature were grappling on a same-sex marriage bill he signed into law on Friday, is 64 percent. Just 19 percent of registered voters in the state disapprove of how he’s handling his job as governor, while another 17 percent say they don’t know.

Andrew Cuomo approval sky-high, new poll suggests - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Hmmmm?

lol
Do you feel that you must lie in order to have anything to contribute, Charles? I don't understand why you have such little regard for your own integrity. Anonymity, I suppose . . .

President Obama's job approval rating remains just below 50 percent, virtually unchanged from three weeks ago, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll released Wednesday.

About 47 percent approve of the way he has handled his job as president, while 44 percent disapprove. That compares to 48 percent and 43 percent respectively three weeks ago.

LINK

Lie? No sorry all I did was miss read the OP's Link. I see my Mistake now, However I would point out the CBS poll someone linked to Obama's Job Approval Rating supports my Claim this his is at 47%, The RCP average I posted Includes the CBS Poll.

As far as my mistake reading the OP's Link. My Bad.

Last edited:
Everyone's approval rating goes down when they get into office in a recession and have to make difficult decisions.
Let's see how many of them get re-elected, which is the ultimate approval rating.

Why do Dems get so hung up on polls?

Forum List

Back