Republican Governor Proves Head Is In Ass

The idea of flying flags at half staff for an alcoholic and dope head who sings songs like "I Will Always Love You," written by an east Tennessee country singer could only come from somebody who has their mind on something other than their business.
Cammmpbell Proves his head is in his ass.

"What I would say to everybody is there but for the grace of God go I," he said.

Christie ordered flags flown at half-staff at state government buildings on Saturday, the day funeral services are held for Houston at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church, where she sang at as a child.

Twitter was abuzz Wednesday with reaction to the decision by Christie, whose home is in Mendham, a wealthy town where Houston also had lived.

In online postings, there were two main arguments against the honor for the Grammy Award winner who died over the weekend in California at age 48: One was that it should be reserved for members of the military, first responders and elected officials. The other was that it's wrong to honor a drug addict.

Christie said he was not saying that Houston, who was born in Newark and was raised in nearby East Orange, is a role model. Instead, he said, Houston deserves the honor because of her huge cultural impact and as "a daughter of New Jersey."

"I am disturbed by people who believe that because her ultimate demise - and we don't know what is the cause of her death yet - but because of her history of substance abuse that somehow she's forfeited the good things that she did in her life," said the governor during a briefing in northern New Jersey. "I just reject that on a human level."

The governor noted he has ordered flags flown at half-staff for all 31 fallen New Jersey soldiers and every fallen police officer during his time in office. He also ordered flags lowered last year for Clarence Clemons, the saxophonist for Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.

Whitney Houston: N.J. governor defends lowering flags for singer - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Does he lower the flag for our war dead?
Outrageous politically motivated pandering to the black voter knee jerk government action.
Pitiful.

The governor noted he has ordered flags flown at half-staff for all 31 fallen New Jersey soldiers and every fallen police officer during his time in office. He also ordered flags lowered last year for Clarence Clemons, the saxophonist for Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.
Yep!

Someone lowered the flag for Elvis?!?

Oh, yeah. President Nixon.

It's supposed to be an action to show respect for American heroes:

How and When to display the US Flag at Half Staff

Like I said before, if he didn't do it all you libs would be screaming that he's a RACIST!

That's bullshit. I wouldn't have cared either way. I DO think it's cool that he is sticking it to the uptight bigots and assholes in his party. :)

I don't live in New Jersey and don't care either way about the flag lowering.

Should the flag be lowered for spouse abusing, alcohol abusing deceased servicemembers or are only the pure of heart eligible?

The idea of flying flags at half staff for an alcoholic and dope head who sings songs like "I Will Always Love You," written by an east Tennessee country singer could only come from somebody who has their mind on something other than their business.
Cammmpbell Proves his head is in his ass.

"What I would say to everybody is there but for the grace of God go I," he said.

Christie ordered flags flown at half-staff at state government buildings on Saturday, the day funeral services are held for Houston at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church, where she sang at as a child.

Twitter was abuzz Wednesday with reaction to the decision by Christie, whose home is in Mendham, a wealthy town where Houston also had lived.

In online postings, there were two main arguments against the honor for the Grammy Award winner who died over the weekend in California at age 48: One was that it should be reserved for members of the military, first responders and elected officials. The other was that it's wrong to honor a drug addict.

Christie said he was not saying that Houston, who was born in Newark and was raised in nearby East Orange, is a role model. Instead, he said, Houston deserves the honor because of her huge cultural impact and as "a daughter of New Jersey."

"I am disturbed by people who believe that because her ultimate demise - and we don't know what is the cause of her death yet - but because of her history of substance abuse that somehow she's forfeited the good things that she did in her life," said the governor during a briefing in northern New Jersey. "I just reject that on a human level."

Whitney Houston: N.J. governor defends lowering flags for singer - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

She was an alcoholic and a dope addict. She had finished a detox and counseling last May and had been partying for three nights with the Hollywood crowd when she died.

She was an alcoholic and a dope addict. She had finished a detox and counseling last May and had been partying for three nights with the Hollywood crowd when she died.

She was also an incredibly talented singer and a daughter of New Jersey. Get over it.

She was also an incredibly talented singer and a daughter of New Jersey. Get over it.

OK...I'll buy "Daughter Of New Jersey." Let's see....maybe they'll fly the flags at half staff when James Gandolfini dies...'course he ain't on dope

I still say she didn't do the song "I Will Always Love You" as good as Dolly Parton.

Someone lowered the flag for Elvis?!?

Oh, yeah. President Nixon.

Like I said before, if he didn't do it all you libs would be screaming that he's a RACIST!

That's a stupid thing to say. I doubt anyone would have thought of if fatso hadn't said he'd do it.

I also believed that this was an honor reserved for American heroes but its not the first time it has been done.

Too bad fatso doesn't do his real job instead of stuff like this.

That's a stupid thing to say. I doubt anyone would have thought of if fatso hadn't said he'd do it.

I also believed that this was an honor reserved for American heroes but its not the first time it has been done.

Too bad fatso doesn't do his real job instead of stuff like this.

Christie has ordered flags at half staff over 40 times in his term, including for saxophonist Clarence Clemons......

Christie Orders Flags Lowered To Half-Staff In Honor Of Whitney Houston « CBS Philly

I confess that I had to look up Clarence Clemons and see who he was. :confused:

I still say she didn't do the song "I Will Always Love You" as good as Dolly Parton.

Doesn't make much difference. When Dolly wrote the song she nailed down the copyright and every time the song gets sung by a professional she gets paid. She told Anderson Cooper that when Whitney did it and all the money started coming in that she bought a bunch of cheap wigs. :)

Doesn't make much difference. When Dolly wrote the song she nailed down the copyright and every time the song gets sung by a professional she gets paid. She told Anderson Cooper that when Whitney did it and all the money started coming in that she bought a bunch of cheap wigs. :)

you realize that is how the recording industry works, right? The writer of the song gets royalties from ANY professional performance of said song? It wasn't just something Dolly did.

btw, just to be sure we're all on the same page here... you realize that US Flag Code is 'advisory' only, right? There are no criminal or civil penalties for not following it.

you realize that is how the recording industry works, right? The writer of the song gets royalties from ANY professional performance of said song? It wasn't just something Dolly did.

Oh yeah...I know that. I also know that if a song gets out when it hasn't been copyrighted anybody can use it free gratis. About a third of everything on the Internet is not copyrighted. Also there are some copyrights which allow individual agreements between writers and performers...in other words negotiable.

Forum List

Back