Republican Governor Bobby Jidnal approves taxpayer dollars to go to religious schools

I believe you are correct.

It has nothing to do with religion.
Well, my point is more about the question of this being the PUBLIC'S money. (Religion is definitely involved.)

If my understanding of vouchers is correct (and I am not sure it is or isn't), then I find it difficult to see how this is the public's money. It's an individual's money, and if that individual chooses to use it to send his/her child to a Muslim school, that is the individual's right.

Your idea would have validity if all the money being given out for vouchers came from those with children in school. I don't know how Mississippi operates (who does?) but in the real world schools are funded by the entire taxpaying population. That includes the old, and the childless.

All my children are grown. Were I in Mississippi I would be really pissed with my tax money going to Muslims, Catholics or the latest fad in commercial schools.

That's the rub! Take away the taxes of those with no kids in school and the whole financial structure changes!
And you would bitch not a sound about tax dollars being shoveled at a public program that is increasingly ineffective and fast-approaching disastrous.

Moonglow body slams the far right.

Education was not considered a function of Federal or State government when the Constitution was written.

No, it was part of the modern industrial age requirement in the USA so people could be smarter or literate to work in factories.

Modern Public education through the Unions ARE to make young people good workers, good citizens with little critical thinkiing as per the Government template.

Can't have a populace smarter than those running government.

Extremists, listen up.

You will never be allowed to take over public education so you can rewrite America's narrative.

Never.

vouchers for muslim schools.

this is just more evidence how the cons NEVER think their ideas through.

low information voters with tiny brains too stressed by fox lies to figure anything real out

low information voters with tiny brains too stressed by fox lies to figure anything real out

lol SO YOU DO WANT TO DISCRIMINATE

Typical low life.................

Supplying vouchers may have another unintended result. (maybe not so unintended)

Good private schools tend to be expensive and hence are limited to the well off. Give a voucher and the voucher can be supplemented with additional cash if the recipient is reasonably well off. Presto these expensive schools now have an expanded clientele and no reason whatever to be better and cheaper. In fact there is the incentive to upgrade salary, structure etc. Exclusiveness is often viewed as a plus.

Meanwhile down in the pits, the very place this is supposed to be of help the people are left with only the voucher. This will only be good in the public school (simply due to cost) system that will be rapidly failing due to lack of funds.

In the end it is another great way to curry the rich (and wannabe rich) and screw the poor. The main motor for self improvement will taken away from those of little means. All in the name of liberty.

Ah freedom. Ain't it great?

Perhaps I am unclear on the concept of school vouchers. My understanding is that the voucher is a dollar amount equal to the portion of the tax dollars an individual pays that goes to public schools. So, if an individual pays $5K in property taxes and $2K of that amount goes to public schools, a person's voucher is $2K for any school of their choice.

My understanding is that it is like a refund for services not used, but that refund must be used on schooling.

So, how is this using the PUBLIC'S money on a private school involving religion?

Well, my point is more about the question of this being the PUBLIC'S money. (Religion is definitely involved.)

If my understanding of vouchers is correct (and I am not sure it is or isn't), then I find it difficult to see how this is the public's money. It's an individual's money, and if that individual chooses to use it to send his/her child to a Muslim school, that is the individual's right.

Giving a voucher to an individual regardless of his/her use is a gifting of public money. No childless homeowner is eligible to receive a voucher, and public schools are funded in the budget of a state and political subdivision of said state. If the people in a school district desire to fund a religious school they could pass a bond issue.

So you fail then.

You or your comrade made the claim in assertion, and I rebutted it, and asked for your support.

You have said you have none.

You fail and have been schooled again.

you made the silly charges, so you have to post the evidence, not me.

That's how it works.

You fail until you support your assertion.

then post some truth instead of your ill thought opinions.
asswipe you made claims.

Back them up coward.

Privatization leads to increased costs to the taxpayer, poorer service, endangered client populations, and agendas that are anti-American.

Public education will not be privatized.

And massive government bureaucracy leads to decreased costs to the taxpayer, better service, protected client populations, and progressive (read pro American) agendas.

Progressives like starkly are fuckin morons.

NY has dozens upon dozens of Islamic schools paid for by tax payer dollars. These school teach antiamerican, antiwestern, antisemtic teachings, yet it AOK, because it's liberal New York!

Muslim Boarding High Schools for Girls in New York | eHow.com
Muslim schools exist throughout New York State, from Syracuse to Queens. Elementary schools and middle schools, high schools and preschools abound. Some of these schools segregate the student bodies so that a girls' school and a boys' school exist within the same facility.

Public school vouchers are the far right wing extremists' attempts to destroy public education.

It will fail as always, because the far right wing grows smaller every day as it grow whiter, older, and less effective.

If Constitutional, then no religious school can be excluded under this bill.

Oh, the Founders were religious, from deist to Christian.

Education was not considered a function of Federal or State government when the Constitution was written.

Neither was a standing army.

I still would like to know how it is unconstitutional since it isnt federal government doing it..........A;so since they are not saying it has to be a specific religious school or org the money goes to....Liberals blocking this is just them being fascist again. ....

You scream about education and how the RIGHT has engaged in war on education. Yet it's been PROVEN time and time again, that Charter and RELIGIOUS schools teach kids 100 fold better than public schools and the kids in charter and religious schools are 1000 fold better behaved. Public schools fail our children, yet Charter and Religious schools teach, prepare and discipline our children!!!

You cried about Walker, but he is hiring teachers, keeping schools open, reducing class size, saving school programs. If it was up to the liberals, teachers would get laid off, class size would explode, schools would close and be combined with already too-capacity schools and there wouldn't be any school programs to speak of!

lol SO YOU DO WANT TO DISCRIMINATE

Typical low life.................

dear idiot I dont want ANY religious school to get tax payer dollars.

they are all myth and the government should not suppliment people who want their kids taught myths

You scream about education and how the RIGHT has engaged in war on education. Yet it's been PROVEN time and time again, that Charter and RELIGIOUS schools teach kids 100 fold better than public schools and the kids in charter and religious schools are 1000 fold better behaved. Public schools fail our children, yet Charter and Religious schools teach, prepare and discipline our children!!!

You cried about Walker, but he is hiring teachers, keeping schools open, reducing class size, saving school programs. If it was up to the liberals, teachers would get laid off, class size would explode, schools would close and be combined with already too-capacity schools and there wouldn't be any school programs to speak of!

Should we bring up 'Home Schooling'?

Giving a voucher to an individual regardless of his/her use is a gifting of public money. No childless homeowner is eligible to receive a voucher, and public schools are funded in the budget of a state and political subdivision of said state. If the people in a school district desire to fund a religious school they could pass a bond issue.
No, it's not PUBLIC money, no more so than a tax credit.

dear fucking idiot

they can kick out whomever they want to kick out.

public schools have to teach all kids and not just they ones they chose to allow in.

you are lying about their success rate too.

heres the deal we need to teach all our children not just the chosen few we find easy to teach.

Forum List

Back