Republican Gov slams Republicans in Congress

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
The Republican governor of Utah on Monday said his party is blighted by leaders in Congress whose lack of new ideas renders them so "inconsequential" that he doesn't even bother to talk to them.
"I don't even know the congressional leadership," Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. told editors and reporters at The Washington Times, shrugging off questions about top congressional Republicans, including House Minority Leader John A. Boehner of Ohio and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. "I have not met them. I don't listen or read whatever it is they say because it is inconsequential - completely."

Washington Times - GOP governor: Congressional leadership 'inconsequential'

Its people like him that could SAVE the republican party but they probably will just retaliate against him in any way they can.

Republican doesn't always mean they are Conservative! In my opinion I think this is what is happening. You will see a few more republican making statements like this because they want to win re-election and it is of their opinion they have to move to the left to do that however; a true Conservative will not do this. I personally think most Conservative’s have moved further right and they are stewing, keeping a low key, letting Obama dig his hole, but make no mistake the Conservatives will bring forth their wrath upon not only the Left but those Republican’s. Those that speak out like this guy did are the same NON-Conservative’s we want out of our Party

The Republican governor of Utah on Monday said his party is blighted by leaders in Congress whose lack of new ideas renders them so "inconsequential" that he doesn't even bother to talk to them.
"I don't even know the congressional leadership," Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. told editors and reporters at The Washington Times, shrugging off questions about top congressional Republicans, including House Minority Leader John A. Boehner of Ohio and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. "I have not met them. I don't listen or read whatever it is they say because it is inconsequential - completely."

Washington Times - GOP governor: Congressional leadership 'inconsequential'

Ahhhnold seems to agree:
The country's in the middle of a crisis and President Obama needs team players.

That's the view of a Republican governor, California's Arnold Schwarzenegger, when talking about the bipartisan support he says Obama needs now.

Schwarzenegger and fellow governors are in Washington this weekend for meetings. They see Obama at the White House on Monday.

Schwarzenegger said he feels strongly that Obama needs team players right now. He said governors, Congress, the White House -- everyone has to play together during these tough times, rather than playing politics and making attacks.

Schwarzenegger to Stimulus Opponents: Economy More Important Than Principles - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

As does Charlie Crist:

Gov. Charlie Crist, who broke ranks with Republican leaders to support President Barack Obama's economic stimulus plan, received a standing ovation Wednesday from about 250 people at a town hall-style meeting in Fort Lauderdale.

He heard from a 50-year-old woman with an Ivy League education who is unemployed, a waterfront condominium owner interested in solar power and a taxpayer concerned about the largest government spending plan in U.S. history. Later, the governor met with West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel, who handed him a wish list of city upgrades totaling more than $119 million.

The federal legislation amounts to $787 billion in federal spending and tax cuts. Florida could receive as much as $12.2 billion for healthcare, education and roads.

"I'm enormously grateful that it passed, and I know it's going to help our fellow Floridians in a substantial way," Crist said. "It could not have come at a better time."

Florida Gov. Crist defends stimulus package support - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

Republican doesn't always mean they are Conservative! In my opinion I think this is what is happening. You will see a few more republican making statements like this because they want to win re-election and it is of their opinion they have to move to the left to do that however; a true Conservative will not do this. I personally think most Conservative’s have moved further right and they are stewing, keeping a low key, letting Obama dig his hole, but make no mistake the Conservatives will bring forth their wrath upon not only the Left but those Republican’s. Those that speak out like this guy did are the same NON-Conservative’s we want out of our Party

What will be left over? Only the conservative republican party?
Full of religious nut-cases like Sarah Palin?

Good luck with the independent voters :lol:

Of course your opinion and a very well non-biased at that I see. *rolls eyes* Keep laughing and let your guard down because that is exactly what we are hoping for.

Dude are you in for a rude awakening.

Your party stays way right and the Dems will have a permanent majority.

Dude are you in for a rude awakening.

Your party stays way right and the Dems will have a permanent majority.
Your first correction, I'm not a DUDE! Second, after 4 years of Obama, the country will beg for a Con!

Of course your opinion and a very well non-biased at that I see. *rolls eyes* Keep laughing and let your guard down because that is exactly what we are hoping for.

Did you really expect anything more than stupid responses from the cast of clowns and their mob tactics around here?

[

Ahhhnold seems to agree:

That's the view of a Republican governor, California's Arnold Schwarzenegger, when talking about the bipartisan support he says Obama needs now.

Schwarzenegger and fellow governors are in Washington this weekend for meetings. They see Obama at the White House on Monday.

Schwarzenegger said he feels strongly that Obama needs team players right now. He said governors, Congress, the White House -- everyone has to play together during these tough times, rather than playing politics and making attacks.

Schwarzenegger to Stimulus Opponents: Economy More Important Than Principles - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Talking about Arnold? When he was elected into office he had a 5 billion dollar deficit. At the end of this year he will have a 40 billion dollar deficit. He is in bed with all the democrats in Kaulifornya, spending, spending, spending. Nothing conservative about him. Also, his wife wears the "Fruit Of The Looms" in his family. Come to think of it...he's a "girly man."

[

Ahhhnold seems to agree:

Talking about Arnold? When he was elected into office he had a 5 billion dollar deficit. At the end of this year he will have a 40 billion dollar deficit. He is in bed with all the democrats in Kaulifornya, spending, spending, spending. Nothing conservative about him. Also, his wife wears the "Fruit Of The Looms" in his family. Come to think of it...he's a "girly man."

He's definitely not a conservative. However, it isn't hard to pass yourself off as one in Kalifornication. Put two words together and form a thought ...:lol:

I've stated numerous times that the GOP needs new leadership, when those idiots that voted and supported the past 8 years of fiscal irresponsibility gets on TV, I change the channel or cut the damn thing off!

[

says the X Kalifornian......:lol:

I've stated numerous times that the GOP needs new leadership, when those idiots that voted and supported the past 8 years of fiscal irresponsibility gets on TV, I change the channel or cut the damn thing off!
totally agree
what the guys in the GOP in congress went for was basicly the same crap Obama is pushing only for THEIR pet projects instead of the democrats
if that was bad, how is it good that the dems are now doing the pet projects they want

more liberal hypocrisy

Forum List

Back