Republican Free Traders are Patriots:

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
they prevent national suicide by preventing the protection of our industries from international competition. Liberal protection from competition would make our industries second and third rate and thus be tantamount to national suicide.

The Alt Right thinks you RINO Republicans, Eddy, are the devil's spawn. You know that.

While in general I think trade restrictions are detrimental to a nation's economy, I know too there is a rare situation in which for a country like the U.S., and with regard to certain goods traded, tariffs can, when measured in totality and within the context of the sector to which they apply, produce net positive economic outcome for the economy. Economists can determine for what goods that situation applies; it doesn't apply across the board for all goods with regard to a given country that exports goods into the U.S.

That said, more disturbing to me is that frame economics as political matters. They are not, most especially not in this age of empirical economics. Ignorance of economics is what makes applications of economic principles and findings become political.

Ignorance of economics is what makes applications of economic principles and findings become political.
Sadly I think you'd have to call that wishful thinking since both sides have Nobel winners on their side.

Ignorance of economics is what makes applications of economic principles and findings become political.
Sadly I think you'd have to call that wishful thinking since both sides have Nobel winners on their side.

??? What has that to do with it.

If there is anything that economists nearly unanimously agree on, it's the matter of free trade:
As I wrote above, the matter of free trade is made political by people who don't understand economics.

both sides have Nobel winners on their side.

Please identify the published work of living Nobel laureates who do not think that free trade is overall better than is worse.

That said, more disturbing to me is that frame economics as political matters. They are not, most especially not in this age of empirical economics. Ignorance of economics is what makes applications of economic principles and findings become political.
[/QUOTE]
you were talking about free trade, then switched to economics and even used a reference (emperical economics) to economics not free trade.

That's when I informed you that both sides have Nobel winners on their side. Make sense now?

Forum List

Back