Republican Firewall

I just worry about the precedent set when the Democrats filibustered Bush's arrogant re-nomination of rejected judges and the Republicans threatened the "nuclear" option. Will the Democrats threaten the nuclear option now if the Republicans filibuster something they feel strongly about?

probably not. it didn't play well when the republicans threatened it, and it won't play well if the dems do.

It's a good thing. Though one of them, I forget who, was on NPR this morning saying that they want to work with the Dems as much as possible since the people of the USA have clearly spoken against all the divisiveness. But of course, what else could they say at this point?

would that be the divisiveness your party has perpetrated on the USofKKA? that devisiveness? Eight long years of divisiveness.

It's a good thing. Though one of them, I forget who, was on NPR this morning saying that they want to work with the Dems as much as possible since the people of the USA have clearly spoken against all the divisiveness. But of course, what else could they say at this point?

John Ensign, Nevada.

Should prevent too much havoc from the dems.
I think all this "bipartisan" talk is highly overrated. Seems to me the best protector of the American public from the tyranny of the government is good old fashioned gridlock!

Here's to hoping they get nothing done!

would that be the divisiveness your party has perpetrated on the USofKKA? that devisiveness? Eight long years of divisiveness.

Did you notice that my post was curious and non-partisan (although critical of Bush)? I did not say that the Dems should or should not invoke the option, nor did I describe the Repub. as being obstructionist. I just wondered aloud, so to speak, if that situation might occur again. I did not even judge the right or wrong of the original situation.

You're directing your atack at my party and accusing us of being divisive. Do you have no sense of irony?

Forum List

Back