Republican Fillibustering the Energy Bill!!!

D

dijetlo

7 Republican Senators vote to maintain the Democratic philibuster.
The Republican-written energy bill was passed earlier this week by the Republican-dominated House. It faced stiff opposition in the Senate from Democrats and moderate Republicans, who complained the bill would protect petrochemical companies from lawsuits for contaminating water with MTBE, a gasoline fuel additive. In a close vote of 57-40, the Senate failed by three votes to end a filibuster in a procedural vote. Republican leaders needed 60 votes to cut off debate and proceed to a final vote.
According to Democratic congressman Dick Durbin from Illinois (where they grow a lot of corn...)
"The oil companies hate ethanol," said Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois. The MTBE legal waiver was included in the bill only "to get the oil companies to go along," he said.
Wow, it must be nice to be an Oil Company these days. Anybody directly ask the citizens what ought to be done about the national energy policy as it relates to Ethenol or MTBE? I'm encouraged by the 7 honest men in the republican party who voted in favor of the filibuster.
Hey Night Train, this is how your boy voted.
"This (energy) bill could have been much better," said Daschle,(a dem) from South Dakota, who nonetheless voted to end the filibuster
I'm starting to see your point about him...

Oil companies aren't the only ones that don't like ethanol. It's a crappy additive to add to fuel. I purposefully avoid gas stations that use ethanol in their fuel because I dont' want to screw up my engine.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Oil companies aren't the only ones that don't like ethanol. It's a crappy additive to add to fuel. I purposefully avoid gas stations that use ethanol in their fuel because I dont' want to screw up my engine.
Check the manufacturers warranty. It probably is a duel fuel engine and you can run methanol without a problem.

Forum List

Back