Republican earmarks

Never happen.
Not in a country the size of ours, simply not feasible that every spending venture can be a bill that is voted on.
Unless......wait for it....the Federal Government is reduced to what it should be in the first place. Whole other issue seemingly, but not at all. We have allowed the Fed Gov't to get this big.

Which by the way - is why the Democrats are against this. They know that with all this spending - earmarks are the quickest and easiest wat to spend our money and grow government in the process.

Cutting Government is a priority. It has to be. We're broke. Sure it may not happen in the Lame Duck session of Congress...but I would be willing to bet that we will see it surface after the newbies are sworn in. I think the people will demand such measures.

It is priority...however it is like trying to tell a dog to stop eating raw meat.
At the same time we have a public who wants their cake and eat it too.
I am sorry, truly am...but the chances of our country fixing it's problems before it is too late is absolute zero.
Our government is too corrupt, and our population has lost all clues as to what sacrifice and responsibility is.

I look at the deficit numbers and I get a brain cramp. I hear a member of the public saying "Obama's stash is gonna get me money"; I get a brain cramp.

I fear you could be correct; I don't know if there is a way to drag this back now.
And I would class myself as a Pollyana but it appears to be getting bleaker by the day.

And then aye carumba, Obama goes overseas and blows the deal with South Korea and insults China in public and gets bitch slapped by the rest of G20 ; guess what? Major brain cramp.

The man is not ready for prime time.

Cutting Government is a priority. It has to be. We're broke. Sure it may not happen in the Lame Duck session of Congress...but I would be willing to bet that we will see it surface after the newbies are sworn in. I think the people will demand such measures.

It is priority...however it is like trying to tell a dog to stop eating raw meat.
I am sorry, truly am...but the chances of our country fixing it's problems before it is too late is absolute zero.
Our government is too corrupt, and our population has lost all clues as to what sacrifice and responsibility is.

I look at the deficit numbers and I get a brain cramp. I hear a member of the public saying "Obama's stash is gonna get me money"; I get a brain cramp.

I fear you could be correct; I don't know if there is a way to drag this back now.
And I would class myself as a Pollyana but it appears to be getting bleaker by the day.

And then aye carumba, Obama goes overseas and blows the deal with South Korea and insults China in public and gets bitch slapped by the rest of G20 ; guess what? Major brain cramp.

And as he got slapped so did *we*. It's an embarassment.

This is two G20's back to back.

This quote from Obama is just stunning.

"Going forward, no nation should assume that their path to prosperity is simply paved with exports to America," he said on the final leg of a 10-day tour that has also taken him to India, Indonesia and South Korea.

So, Obama wants other countries to cut back on their economic growth and tried to implement political trade limitations:cuckoo:

Here's Merkels response. She was pissed off.

"To set political limits on trade surpluses and deficits is neither economically justified nor politically appropriate," German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in a speech to a G20 business summit.

Unreal.

Another brain cramp.

Last edited:

This is two G20's back to back.

This quote is just stunning.

"Going forward, no nation should assume that their path to prosperity is simply paved with exports to America," he said on the final leg of a 10-day tour that has also taken him to India, Indonesia and South Korea.

So, Obama wants other countries to cut back on their economic growth and tried to implement political trade limitations:cuckoo:

Here's Merkels response. She was pissed off.

"To set political limits on trade surpluses and deficits is neither economically justified nor politically appropriate," German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in a speech to a G20 business summit.

Unreal.

Another brain cramp.

Astounding, isn't it? Even they know what he's all about.

New Topics

Forum List

Back