REPUBLICAN debate tomorrow night at 8 central

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
With the market crashing yet again and the recent downgrade I expect we will see fireworks. What I really want to hear though is for some of them to articulate a position on what they would do to fix this mess. It's obvious Obama is in over his head and we need the gop to lead the way. Then maybe the "one" might get a clue about what to do.

One can only hope

With the market crashing yet again and the recent downgrade I expect we will see fireworks. What I really want to hear though is for some of them to articulate a position on what they would do to fix this mess. It's obvious Obama is in over his head and we need the gop to lead the way. Then maybe the "one" might get a clue about what to do.

One can only hope

I had thought not to watch, as my vote is an Anybody-But-Obama, and there is a Yankee game on....but (fireworks) you may have convinced me....

It will be a really fun one to watch.

They will clamour to the right making the American people like them even less.

One can only hope

I had thought not to watch, as my vote is an Anybody-But-Obama, and there is a Yankee game on....but (fireworks) you may have convinced me....

With everything thats happened lately plus they've all been taken shots at Perry lately I figure it could be interesting. Its do or die for some of them so I expect they will try hard to stand out.

When did you startno family

Come on TM, you say this stuff ALL the time.

Why do you hate America
Why do you hate the poor
Why do you hate the middle class
Why do you hate minorities
Why do you hate the recovery
*New one* "When did you start beating your wife again?" (direct TM quote!)
Blah blah blah…

Why when I do this to you do I never get an answer? Is it because it's a ridicules way to "debate" or maybe you really feel that way?

I guess I should just assume you really do hate America, the Poor and the Middle class and want no recovery and people starving in the streets? Of course if you do manage to answer why you *do* hate them I’ll just keep spamming it at you like you do to near every person on these boards when you’re cornered.

Thx for being part of my sig btw, it's hard to find people that shallow and polarized.

Last edited:
I guess no one is gonna watch it tonight eh?

I expect it will be an Obama Perry bash

9:00 EST.

Yes, I'll be watching. It's the Patriot's first pre-season game and since I haven't gotten into the excitement of football yet, I'll be tuning in to watch the debate.

I understand a lot of Obama bashing will be taking place. It's expected. Honestly, I don't want to hear much of it. Instead, I'd like to hear specifically what each candidate is going to do to solve the problems in this country. And never mind the 'we have to', or 'what we have to do' bullshit. Tell me exactly what your plan is and I will listen.

I'd like to see how Huntsman does. Right now, he's the only one I'd consider voting for out of that group besides maybe Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who doesn't change his message every election cycle.

I agree, and most candidates are moving (changing their positions this election cycle) towards Ron Paul’s positions... It's interesting to see.

They did the same thing in 2008.

Of course they did, and will now and at every primary debate in the future. Primary debates are about securing the support of the base be it left or right. duh

I agree, and most candidates are moving (changing their positions this election cycle) towards Ron Paul’s positions... It's interesting to see.

They did the same thing in 2008.

Of course they did, and will now and at every primary debate in the future. Primary debates are about securing the support of the base be it left or right. duh

Paul has never really had much support with the Republican base. He gets about 10% of the party on average.

So why would candidates continue moving towards his positions?

If he's not to be taken seriously, why do his ideas keep getting hijacked by candidates who never really agreed with them in the first place?

Forum List

Back