Republican Debate live thread Jan 23

Looks like Newt is...

A_Black_and_White_Cartoon_Man_Digging_a_Grave_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_101115-133654-596053.jpg

45 min of Newt talking 43 min of Mitt... 18 of Santorum, 3 of Paul... Just the way the media wants it, the more conservative are the less talk time you have.

Gingrich. It is not correct to say that public advocacy is lobbying.

(Dictionary.com)
advocacy: the act of pleading for, supporting, or recommending

lobby: to try to influence the actions of (public officials, especially legislators).

There certainly seems to be some overlap between advocacy and lobbying.

Destructive Capitalism means no American auto industry and banking collapse.

No it means the auto industry declares bankruptcy and restructures to become a profitable business.

Is it profitable now?

I cant answer that. Im not privy to their books. But there is no reason the tax payers should be bailing them out when there is already a legal structure in place for them to do what is necessary to fix the problems.

If they are currently profitable, I would argue that they wont be indefinitely because they failed to fix the underlying issues that caused the problem in the first place.

Gingrich. It is not correct to say that public advocacy is lobbying.

(Dictionary.com)
advocacy: the act of pleading for, supporting, or recommending

lobby: to try to influence the actions of (public officials, especially legislators).

There certainly seems to be some overlap between advocacy and lobbying.

Well a lobbyist who is a poor advocate is not going to be a very successful lobbyist, that's for certain.

It's all about sales and it's driven by closing deal$.

First time I ever remember seeing Newt speechless. Lol

I didn't think Romney had it in him.

He had to think of a way to lie his way out of it without being able to insult Obama, talking about the troop, god, Reagan then closing with an Obama insult. STANDING OVATION!!!!

Last edited:
But didn't see the problem with CDOs, credit default swaps or tranches?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back