Republican debate live thread Dec 10

Huntsman was disinvited to the debate.

Seriously?

Srsly.

Thank you. I found a reference to it.

I can't say I blame them. The guy only polls at 1-2%, and if you are going to exclude Roemer and Johnson, then you should exclude this guy, too.

I'd personally be for excluding Ron Paul, Bachmann and Santorum and just make it a debate between the guys who have a reasonable shot at the nomination.

I thought Bachmann made herself look less crazy last night, but so what? She won't survive past Iowa.

I like to read FactCheck sometimes. I read this today and they sure tore the Republicans a new one for all the lying they did during in the debate.

■Romney falsely claimed that no president before Obama had cut Medicare, and that Obama favored pre-1967 borders for Israel.
■Gingrich said he opposed cap-and-trade, even though he once spoke favorably of it, if combined with other measures to curtail carbon emissions.
■Perry again falsely accused Romney of writing that the Massachusetts health care law should be a model for the nation, and once again made an apples-to-oranges comparison to make his Texas job-creation record look more impressive.
■And Bachmann recycled a bogus claim about projected job losses under the new federal health care law.

FactCheck.org : More Baloney at ABC/Yahoo! Debate

Jon Huntsman

The former Utah governor is so far behind in the polls that he was not even invited to the Iowa debate. Getting kicked offstage is not a way to win a debate -- or an election. If Gingrich clearly won, Huntsman clearly lost.

Iowa Debate: Winners and Losers - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I disagree with just about everything Michelle B says but she really did a great job last night. I watched this morning.

Newt didn't even come close to winning that debate. Everyone was batting him around.

Jon Huntsman

The former Utah governor is so far behind in the polls that he was not even invited to the Iowa debate. Getting kicked offstage is not a way to win a debate -- or an election. If Gingrich clearly won, Huntsman clearly lost.

Iowa Debate: Winners and Losers - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I disagree with just about everything Michelle B says but she really did a great job last night. I watched this morning.

Newt didn't even come close to winning that debate. Everyone was batting him around.

I don't care too much. I'm barely paying attention to the various drivers of the GOP clown car at this time.

Hit me up again end of January.

I don't care too much. I'm barely paying attention to the various drivers of the GOP clown car at this time.

? You bring something up then you say you don't care either way.

I certainly don't care about these candidates but I watched and had an opinion.

? You bring something up then you say you don't care either way.

I certainly don't care about these candidates but I watched and had an opinion.

I brought up that Huntsman wasn't there. Thats all. And I said I didn't care too much, meaning I care just a smidge.

But I didn't watch, and haven't watched a single one. Don't intend to. By the time the primaries get to my state it's usually all shaken out to the last 3 candidates.

Sucks sometimes having a late primary, but it's good in the sense that I don't really need to pay attention to the day to day antics.

I like to read FactCheck sometimes. I read this today and they sure tore the Republicans a new one for all the lying they did during in the debate.

■Romney falsely claimed that no president before Obama had cut Medicare, and that Obama favored pre-1967 borders for Israel.
■Gingrich said he opposed cap-and-trade, even though he once spoke favorably of it, if combined with other measures to curtail carbon emissions.
■Perry again falsely accused Romney of writing that the Massachusetts health care law should be a model for the nation, and once again made an apples-to-oranges comparison to make his Texas job-creation record look more impressive.
■And Bachmann recycled a bogus claim about projected job losses under the new federal health care law.

Fact Check,, a property of the Annenberg Public Policy Projects... huh? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Other countries care for their mentally ill. Making them debate on TV is just cruel. ~Andy Borowitz

Ya, now that ya pointed it out it's plain to see ole Bachy was definitely stumping for the Cain supporters. Cain's crew will most likely end up as orphans in Newt's camp, Bachy will never see them!

Bachmann wins the prize for being the first to mention Cain. She referenced his tax plan positively, presumably making a bid for his supporters.

Ya, now that ya pointed it out it's plain to see ole Bachy was definitely stumping for the Cain supporters. Cain's crew will most likely end up as orphans in Newt's camp, Bachy will never see them!

Bachmann wins the prize for being the first to mention Cain. She referenced his tax plan positively, presumably making a bid for his supporters.

neither will obamie.

I can't say I blame them. The guy only polls at 1-2%, and if you are going to exclude Roemer and Johnson, then you should exclude this guy, too.

I'd personally be for excluding Ron Paul, Bachmann and Santorum and just make it a debate between the guys who have a reasonable shot at the nomination.

I thought Bachmann made herself look less crazy last night, but so what? She won't survive past Iowa.

Yeah this makes a ton of sense. I mean, GOP voters have been going through candidates like underwear, but somehow the 2 highest pollers RIGHT NOW are the ones with the "reasonable chance". I'm sure THIS TIME the voters are sure who they want :rolleyes:

Yeah this makes a ton of sense. I mean, GOP voters have been going through candidates like underwear, but somehow the 2 highest pollers RIGHT NOW are the ones with the "reasonable chance". I'm sure THIS TIME the voters are sure who they want :rolleyes:

Given the short amount of time until the primaries, I would say there is very little room for change at this point.

And let's be honest, with Cain and Huntsman out of the mix, that debate was a lot more focused and comprehensible.

A side note. With Huntsman gone, Romney now becomes the left-most candidate on that stage. I don't think it helps him that much.

Given the short amount of time until the primaries, I would say there is very little room for change at this point.

And let's be honest, with Cain and Huntsman out of the mix, that debate was a lot more focused and comprehensible.

A side note. With Huntsman gone, Romney now becomes the left-most candidate on that stage. I don't think it helps him that much.

I disagree. It was about a week before Iowa when Bhutto was assassinated and McCain rose from the dead and took the nomination based on some new found need for a tough foreign policy.

Anything can happen, and especially this time when Newt has so much baggage. I mean, the guy is riding dirty through this entire thing. It's only a matter of time before his myriad negatives take him down.

Fact Check,, a property of the Annenberg Public Policy Projects... huh? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keep laughing, dummy. Which fact can you defend??? Which one can you show is wrong?? Come on. Let's hear it.

Forum List

Back