Republican debate going on right now

Gingrich starts off with "Reagan created 25 million new jobs by cutting taxes.

As simple search turns up:

Federal employment grew by 61,000 during Reagan’s presidency—in part because Reagan created a whole new cabinet department, the department of veterans affairs. (Under Bill Clinton, by contrast, federal employment dropped by 373,000). Smaller deficits and debt: Both nearly tripled on Reagan’s watch. Lower taxes: Although Reagan muscled through a major tax cut in 1981, he followed up by raising taxes in 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1986. In 1983, in fact, he not only raised payroll taxes; he raised them to pay for Social Security and Medicare. Let’s put this in language today’s tea-baggers can understand: Reagan raised taxes to pay for government-run health care.

The Real Ronald Reagan: Clearing the Myth and Finding the Truth - Page 7

Jon King said, "57% of Republicans say raise taxes on the rich". I couldn't figure out what a single candidate said in reply.

Stay tuned:

B-L-O-G does not spell fact

How do you propose to keep Medicare solvent?

Ron Paul:

It can't be solvent. It won't be solvent.

Make it private and add a "profit motive".

Opt out.

Others:

Medicare as an option.

Performance initiatives.

I support the Ryan budget.

Private contracting.

Don't pay crooks.

Restructure.

I totally support Paul Ryan.

Fix the problem.

Personal retirement account option.

Raise the debt ceiling.

Not if the president doesn't start being a leader.

Where are the president's ideas?

Make Democrats come up with plans.

Cut spending.

Separation of church and state:

Protect people of faith from government, not government from faith

God is in all our documents.

Founding fathers know our government came from God.

Can't teach people how to be moral.

Congress should never prohibit religion in a public place.

I would not be comfortable having a Muslim in my cabinet.

There have been instances where Muslims have been trying to influence American law with Sharia law.

Not a litmus test, but just making sure certain people were committed to the constitution.

Religious tolerance.

Comparing Muslims and Pakistani's to Nazis and Communists

looks like lots of ideas there rdean. It must annoy you to know that you will be lying if you ever claim Republicans have no ideas.

How do you propose to keep Medicare solvent?

Ron Paul:

It can't be solvent. It won't be solvent.

Make it private and add a "profit motive".

Opt out.

Others:

Medicare as an option.

Performance initiatives.

I support the Ryan budget.

Private contracting.

Don't pay crooks.

Restructure.

I totally support Paul Ryan.

Fix the problem.

Personal retirement account option.

Raise the debt ceiling.

Not if the president doesn't start being a leader.

Where are the president's ideas?

Make Democrats come up with plans.

Cut spending.

Separation of church and state:

Protect people of faith from government, not government from faith

God is in all our documents.

Founding fathers know our government came from God.

Can't teach people how to be moral.

Congress should never prohibit religion in a public place.

I would not be comfortable having a Muslim in my cabinet.

There have been instances where Muslims have been trying to influence American law with Sharia law.

Not a litmus test, but just making sure certain people were committed to the constitution.

Religious tolerance.

Comparing Muslims and Pakistani's to Nazis and Communists
Sound Familiar Deany? It's exactly what YOU DO you fuckin' hypocrite. Go back and re-read some of your pathetic tripe.

Gingrich starts off with "Reagan created 25 million new jobs by cutting taxes.

As simple search turns up:

Federal employment grew by 61,000 during Reagan’s presidency—in part because Reagan created a whole new cabinet department, the department of veterans affairs. (Under Bill Clinton, by contrast, federal employment dropped by 373,000). Smaller deficits and debt: Both nearly tripled on Reagan’s watch. Lower taxes: Although Reagan muscled through a major tax cut in 1981, he followed up by raising taxes in 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1986. In 1983, in fact, he not only raised payroll taxes; he raised them to pay for Social Security and Medicare. Let’s put this in language today’s tea-baggers can understand: Reagan raised taxes to pay for government-run health care.

The Real Ronald Reagan: Clearing the Myth and Finding the Truth - Page 7

Jon King said, "57% of Republicans say raise taxes on the rich". I couldn't figure out what a single candidate said in reply.

Stay tuned:

B-L-O-G does not spell fact

Originally came from CBS News:

Ronald Reagan Myth Doesn't Square with Reality - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

So did the debt, skyrocketing from $700 billion to $3 trillion. Then there's the fact that after first pushing to cut Social Security benefits - and being stymied by Congress - Reagan in 1983 agreed to a $165 billion bailout of the program. He also massively expanded the Pentagon budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bachmann so just kicked Obama's butt here.

She's not backing down at all WTG Michele
I am not watchng it...I hate CNN, and We have thunderstorms moving through masking Satellite signal...

I understand. I didnt watch the first one. I just wasnt that interested in it.

I like how all the candidates are doing. I think I could support any of them if they recieved the nomination.

Basically Bachmann took a question on raising the debt ceiling and quoted Barack Obama on the debt ceiling saying that needing to raise the debt ceiling is a sign of the failure of leadership.

She's not backing down at all WTG Michele
I am not watchng it...I hate CNN, and We have thunderstorms moving through masking Satellite signal...

I like how all the candidates are doing. I think I could support any of them if they recieved the nomination.

Basically Bachmann took a question on raising the debt ceiling and quoted Barack Obama on the debt ceiling saying that needing to raise the debt ceiling is a sign of the failure of leadership.

Good deal. WTG Michele! Make Obama's words come back to haunt him!

It was her best question. I dont think she has answered the others as well.

It was her best question. I dont think she has answered the others as well.

It has been speculated that the 'Battle' For the TEA party voters would be between Michele Bachman, and Herman Cain...

Forum List

Back