Republican debate going on right now

This is one of the worse "debates" I have seen in my life... They want to ask questions and literally get an answer in seconds. It's a Q&A in fast forward, not a debate.

This is one of the worse "debates" I have seen in my life... They want to ask questions and literally get an answer in seconds. It's a Q&A in fast forward, not a debate.

They havent had a real political debate in decades.

Pawlenty is absolutely winning this debate... so far.

I'm not sure anyone is "winning" but I've been impressed with all of them so far. Michelle needs to learn to answer questions alittle better though.

I admit, Newt ain't as bad as I thought he would be. He just answers the fing question rather than try and make a speeh like most the others. So far I like the way Ron Paul and Newt handle themselves.

I'm not sure anyone is "winning" but I've been impressed with all of them so far. Michelle needs to learn to answer questions alittle better though.

You know I love Ron Paul's politics, but he hasn't been the best out of them all so far in this debate, granted it's early.

Tim Pawlenty's answers are actually pulling me toward him vote wise, which I didn't expect him to be able to do. I've never heard him speak publically before either though, so I didn't know what to expect. He's very well spoken.

You know I love Ron Paul's politics, but he hasn't been the best out of them all so far in this debate, granted it's early.

Tim Pawlenty's answers are actually pulling me toward him vote wise, which I didn't expect him to be able to do. I've never heard him speak publically before either though, so I didn't know what to expect. He's very well spoken.

I agree that he is well spoken. But i want people who do more than speak well. Ill keep my eyes on him.

Ron Paul and Herman Cain just had some great answers.

It's amazing to see the difference between now and 2008... these guys are trying to sound like RP now for 2012.

GM should have been allowed to fail.

Bailout program was not a success.

Let them go bankrupt.

Obama killed space flight. What roll should government play in space.

NASA can't innovate.

NASA is failure after failure.

NASA is standing in the way of America's scientific future.

Scale the space program back.

How to help Home owners:

Get government out of crony capitalism.

Government shouldn't be involved.

Correction. Let people fail - it will bring down the cost of homes.

Food safety:

streamline FDA

Let states take more of the burden from Natural Disaster.

Can't afford to help those victims.

Gingrich starts off with "Reagan created 25 million new jobs by cutting taxes.

As simple search turns up:

Federal employment grew by 61,000 during Reagan’s presidency—in part because Reagan created a whole new cabinet department, the department of veterans affairs. (Under Bill Clinton, by contrast, federal employment dropped by 373,000). Smaller deficits and debt: Both nearly tripled on Reagan’s watch. Lower taxes: Although Reagan muscled through a major tax cut in 1981, he followed up by raising taxes in 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1986. In 1983, in fact, he not only raised payroll taxes; he raised them to pay for Social Security and Medicare. Let’s put this in language today’s tea-baggers can understand: Reagan raised taxes to pay for government-run health care.

The Real Ronald Reagan: Clearing the Myth and Finding the Truth - Page 7

Jon King said, "57% of Republicans say raise taxes on the rich". I couldn't figure out what a single candidate said in reply.

Stay tuned:

he vetoed the 82 bill.....dumbo...just don't regurgitate......

Forum List

Back