Republican Contradiction

You don't seem to mind them when they lower the price of your food.

You understand farm programs raise the price of food for everyone, right? This is like Econ 101. No, it's like Econ 99 for retards. And you failed.
Sorry, the effect of most farm subsidies is to LOWER food prices. Certainly the suggestiong that crop insurance itself raises the price of food is absurd. Prices during a shortage go up because of lower supply, not because the farmers have subsidized crop insurance.

Its interesting you resort immediately to name calling without even bothering to explain why you're right.

Some farm subsidies are paid to not produce, which increases food prices.

Also, ethanol mandates - which is heavily lobbied for by the ag industry - raises farm prices.

Taxes are the devil til you have to wait an hour for the ambulance....

A friend of mine died in Israel waiting an hour for an ambulance. Israel is one of the most highly taxed countries on the planet.
Fail.

Sorry for you loss.

But that's not typical. You can expect it to become typical, however, if emergency services were unable to get the funds they need.

Besides, a nations revenue and how they spend said revenue are differernt.

You understand farm programs raise the price of food for everyone, right? This is like Econ 101. No, it's like Econ 99 for retards. And you failed.
Sorry, the effect of most farm subsidies is to LOWER food prices. Certainly the suggestiong that crop insurance itself raises the price of food is absurd. Prices during a shortage go up because of lower supply, not because the farmers have subsidized crop insurance.

Its interesting you resort immediately to name calling without even bothering to explain why you're right.

Some farm subsidies are paid to not produce, which increases food prices.

Also, ethanol mandates - which is heavily lobbied for by the ag industry - raises farm prices.

Most farm subsidies come in the form of direct payments per amount of product produced.

You're thinking of the Conservation Reserve Program, which pays farmers not to farm.

The CRP is funded at about 1.8 billion a year USDA Announces Results for Conservation Reserve Program General Sign-Up | USDA Newsroom, while direct subsidies are at around 20 billion Agricultural subsidy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The point of the CRP isn't to make farmers lazy, but to encourage them to leave their least productive land fallow. This allows the land to restore itself naturally and, arguably reduces food prices in the long term.

Last edited:

What is SOLD to you is that it is supposed to bring lower food prices.. this is not the case when you add the taxation for the extreme levels of bureaucracy to provide the subsidies... As shown to you before in the infomercial reference

But keep putting your fingers in your ears

Nevertheless there will be less food, ergo the price of food will rise.

Actually, only 1% or less is edible corn or "food" - and most of that is GMO tainted. The rest goes into the fake "food like substances" that big agra & marketing agencies foists upon the American people instead of real food - and HFCS. Maybe our food shouldn't be a "commodity"?

We also grow 3000 more "calories" than every man, woman and child needs, which is why fast food and processed junk is so cheap. High fructose corn syrup is a gold mine.

Last edited:

What is SOLD to you is that it is supposed to bring lower food prices.. this is not the case when you add the taxation for the extreme levels of bureaucracy to provide the subsidies... As shown to you before in the infomercial reference

An "infomercial reference" ? LOL!

Instead of saying something about ambulances, I should have said something along the lines of
"people don't like the police til they're getting robbed"

Likewise, TEA Party conservatives don't need the federal government until they need the federal government.

Their hypocracy is pretty funny, but I do hope farmers make it through.

Instead of saying something about ambulances, I should have said something along the lines of

Likewise, TEA Party conservatives don't need the federal government until they need the federal government.

Except that every time I've had something stolen the police weren't able to do a damn thing about it - so they may as well not have been there.

They did arrest a guy in my backyard once who was fleeing on foot. I wasn't home. Got home and my yard gate was busted in and the garden was all a big mess - they didn't even leave a note. I was about to call them to report a break-in - if my neighbor hadn't given me the scoop.

Showing you, idiot, that while one thing looks like the stated price, you neglect to look at all aspects involved and the costs behind the scenes or not advertised...

Much like the price flashing across the screen of $9.99... the additional costs come from the processes used to operate the system and they are indeed charged in a different way

You get cheaper food at the register.. except when you realize that you are paying more in taxes from different sources and realizing that amount has to then pay for employees, office buildings, legislators, campaigns, legal counsel, paper, paid holidays, etc... and ends up costing you more because the system is so huge in order to funnel those subsidies to the farmers

You are indeed an idiot

Showing you, idiot, that while one thing looks like the stated price, you neglect to look at all aspects involved and the costs behind the scenes or not advertised...

Much like the price flashing across the screen of $9.99... the additional costs come from the processes used to operate the system and they are indeed charged in a different way

You get cheaper food at the register.. except when you realize that you are paying more in taxes from different sources and realizing that amount has to then pay for employees, office buildings, legislators, campaigns, legal counsel, paper, paid holidays, etc... and ends up costing you more because the system is so huge in order to funnel those subsidies to the farmers

You are indeed an idiot

But I'm not paying more in taxes. The tax rate on people in my income range is exactly the same as it was 4 years ago.

You are indeed an idiot

But I'm not paying more in taxes. The tax rate on people in my income range is exactly the same as it was 4 years ago.

Jeez are you dense

You would be paying LESSER in taxes if that bureaucracy was not there, and while it would be more at the grocery shelf, not as much as what you are paying extra in taxes because you are not fueling that kind of bureaucracy, red tape, infrastructure, etc...

You fell for the trap of the system, hook line and sinker... just as the government power mongers wanted you to

It is Econ 101 that price supports raise prices. That is of course the idea. I call you an idiot because you mst be one if you dont understand this.

Wouldn't have changed my response a lick. You have NEVER met a cop payed for by your federal income taxes or ANY tax collected by the federal government...EVER!

And as to that childish shot at the TEA Party. Uh, BULL!

TEA Party and ALL conservatives just want the federal government to DO THE JOB THEY ARE CONSTITUTIONALLY OBLIGED TO DO!

No more, no less...just uphold their oath to defend the Constitution. If they'd have just stuck to doing that, we wouldn't BE 16 TRILLION dollars in debt!

This kind of SOCIAL ENGINEERING is a violation of that oath!

Most farm subsidies come in the form of direct payments per amount of product produced.

You're thinking of the Conservation Reserve Program, which pays farmers not to farm.

The CRP is funded at about 1.8 billion a year USDA Announces Results for Conservation Reserve Program General Sign-Up | USDA Newsroom, while direct subsidies are at around 20 billion Agricultural subsidy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The point of the CRP isn't to make farmers lazy, but to encourage them to leave their least productive land fallow. This allows the land to restore itself naturally and, arguably reduces food prices in the long term.
I LOVE how liberals can say things like 1.8 BILLION so matter of fact because it is followed with a comparable of 20 Billion. Dude, do you have a CLUE how much money ONE billion dollars is...never mind 1.8 billion?

If someone said, "I will give you a billion dollars, IF...you can spend another billion dollars in the next year." Do you know what that would take? You'd have to spend 2.7 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY, every day for 365 days to do it!

I suppose you could just give every man, woman and child in this ENTIRE COUNTRY $322.58 dollars and call it a day, but then the federal government STEALS 322.58 dollars from every man, woman and child in this country for EVERY SINGLE BILLION IT SPENDS!!!!

And that's just a billion dollars. For 20 billion, they steal $6451.61. That's 19,354.80 out of every 3 person household, mom, dad and child...in this country. Just how many steaks can YOU buy for 19 THOUSAND dollars? Just how effective is that federal subsidy program when JUST THAT ONE cost MORE than the average family's yearly grocery allowance.

GOD ALMIGHTY...is the reality of the situation we are in just that far above a liberal's pay grade that they just can't even grasp the concept of a billion? No wonder our 16 TRILLION dollar debt doesn't bother them. It scares the HELL out of thinking people!

Actually, only 1% or less is edible corn or "food" - and most of that is GMO tainted. The rest goes into the fake "food like substances" that big agra & marketing agencies foists upon the American people instead of real food - and HFCS. Maybe our food shouldn't be a "comodity"?

We also grow 3000 more "calories" than every man, woman and child needs, which is why fast food and processed junk is so cheap. High fructose corn syrup is a gold mine.

Actually, 75% of every product you buy PERIOD contains corn or corn byproduct!

And the reason the strains of corn grown now aren't suitable for human consumption is because farmers ain't STUPID! They are taking advantage of this insanity while they can and growing varieties that are better for ethanol production. Problem is, they are raping the land by double and triple cropping corn because NRCS tells them it's ok. WRONG...it WILL eventually turn the land into an alkaline wasteland!

Beyond that, every single thing you buy in the grocery store is effected by the price of corn. Every thing from meat to Milk Duds. Not only are they DIRECTLY affected by the price of corn directly used in that 75%, they are ALL secondarily effected due to things like increased transportation cost because of these INSANE ethanol standards.

And EVERY THING ELSE that is passed on to us by this insanity. If you have a car that's more than 2 years old, MOST will eventually break down because they were not designed to run on ethanol. Money out of your pocket. Your lawn mowers, string trimmers, boat motors...ANYTHING that runs on gas WILL eventually suffer failures because of burning ethanol laced gasoline. MORE money out of your pocket!

Then there is the direct cost of burning ethanol in your car. Your car gets about 20% LESS fuel economy running ethanol than straight petroleum fuel. Burn more gas...burn more MONEY!

And by the way, if we turned every one of those "extra" calories into ethanol...it would run the UPS fleet for about a DAY!

That dipstick in England that owns Virgin Airlines converted his fleet of planes to ethanol. The PROBLEM is, they did the calculations. If they planted EVERY SINGLE ACRE of tenable land in England to corn production, it wouldn't run all his planes for a month, little on a year!

What's he do? starts buy up ethanol from developing countries like Brazil...many of who are NOW suffering hyper food inflation and EXTREME poverty to satisfy his green need!

This is INSANITY and it has to stop!

It is Econ 101 that price supports raise prices. That is of course the idea. I call you an idiot because you mst be one if you dont understand this.

And you still can't explain why you're right. You're just repeating something you heard from someone else. You can't explain why you think your right - all you can do is insist you are and call people stupid for not agreeing with you.

Last edited:
And you think all conservatives or republicans like farm subsidies and the like??

:rolleyes:

Farm subsidies is just nicely put "republican welfare" Without it, the GOP would lose their entire base of the rural hick vote.

dumb ass...

House GOP won't extend farm bill - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community
House GOP won't extend farm bill
With Republicans badly split over farm subsidies and cutting food stamps, House GOP leaders Tuesday decided to drop plans to extend the current farm program for one year and instead will press for immediate help for drought-stricken livestock producers.
Seems reality says your a hyperpartisan dumb ass... dumb ass.

Wouldn't have changed my response a lick. You have NEVER met a cop payed for by your federal income taxes or ANY tax collected by the federal government...EVER!

TEA Party and ALL conservatives just want the federal government to DO THE JOB THEY ARE CONSTITUTIONALLY OBLIGED TO DO!

No more, no less...just uphold their oath to defend the Constitution. If they'd have just stuck to doing that, we wouldn't BE 16 TRILLION dollars in debt!

I LOVE how liberals can say things like 1.8 BILLION so matter of fact because it is followed with a comparable of 20 Billion. Dude, do you have a CLUE how much money ONE billion dollars is...never mind 1.8 billion?

If someone said, "I will give you a billion dollars, IF...you can spend another billion dollars in the next year." Do you know what that would take? You'd have to spend 2.7 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY, every day for 365 days to do it!

I suppose you could just give every man, woman and child in this ENTIRE COUNTRY $322.58 dollars and call it a day, but then the federal government STEALS 322.58 dollars from every man, woman and child in this country for EVERY SINGLE BILLION IT SPENDS!!!!

And that's just a billion dollars. For 20 billion, they steal $6451.61. That's 19,354.80 out of every 3 person household, mom, dad and child...in this country. Just how many steaks can YOU buy for 19 THOUSAND dollars? Just how effective is that federal subsidy program when JUST THAT ONE cost MORE than the average family's yearly grocery allowance.

GOD ALMIGHTY...is the reality of the situation we are in just that far above a liberal's pay grade that they just can't even grasp the concept of a billion? No wonder our 16 TRILLION dollar debt doesn't bother them. It scares the HELL out of thinking people!

Actually, only 1% or less is edible corn or "food" - and most of that is GMO tainted. The rest goes into the fake "food like substances" that big agra & marketing agencies foists upon the American people instead of real food - and HFCS. Maybe our food shouldn't be a "comodity"?

And the reason the strains of corn grown now aren't suitable for human consumption is because farmers ain't STUPID! They are taking advantage of this insanity while they can and growing varieties that are better for ethanol production. Problem is, they are raping the land by double and triple cropping corn because NRCS tells them it's ok. WRONG...it WILL eventually turn the land into an alkaline wasteland!

Beyond that, every single thing you buy in the grocery store is effected by the price of corn. Every thing from meat to Milk Duds. Not only are they DIRECTLY affected by the price of corn directly used in that 75%, they are ALL secondarily effected due to things like increased transportation cost because of these INSANE ethanol standards.

And EVERY THING ELSE that is passed on to us by this insanity. If you have a car that's more than 2 years old, MOST will eventually break down because they were not designed to run on ethanol. Money out of your pocket. Your lawn mowers, string trimmers, boat motors...ANYTHING that runs on gas WILL eventually suffer failures because of burning ethanol laced gasoline. MORE money out of your pocket!

Then there is the direct cost of burning ethanol in your car. Your car gets about 20% LESS fuel economy running ethanol than straight petroleum fuel. Burn more gas...burn more MONEY!

And by the way, if we turned every one of those "extra" calories into ethanol...it would run the UPS fleet for about a DAY!

That dipstick in England that owns Virgin Airlines converted his fleet of planes to ethanol. The PROBLEM is, they did the calculations. If they planted EVERY SINGLE ACRE of tenable land in England to corn production, it wouldn't run all his planes for a month, little on a year!

What's he do? starts buy up ethanol from developing countries like Brazil...many of who are NOW suffering hyper food inflation and EXTREME poverty to satisfy his green need!

Its called a "saying" you dipshit.

And you still can't explain why you're right. You're just repeating something you heard from someone else. You can't explain why you think your right - all you can do is insist you are and call people stupid for not agreeing with you.
I'm not here to teach you Econ 101. Go read Sowell's Economics: A Citizens Guide and then come back and discuss it.

Its called a "saying" you dipshit.

That's it?

That's your well thought out and structured response?

:lmao:

New Topics

Forum List

Back