Republican congress Blocks Veterans Jobs Bill.

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Statement by the Press Secretary on the Veterans Jobs Corps

No veteran who fought for our nation should have to fight for a job at home, but Republicans in Washington are blocking a common sense plan to create the Veterans Jobs Corps and put tens of thousands of veterans back to work.

Working with Democrats and Republicans in Congress, the Obama Administration has already made real progress to help veterans find jobs. We passed tax credits to encourage employers to hire veterans and released new tools to connect veterans with employers. And thanks to the First Lady and Dr. Biden’s Joining Forces Initiative, more than 2,000 businesses have hired or trained more than 125,000 veterans and military spouses in the past year. But we can do more and Senate Republicans should not block legislation that includes many of their ideas and stand between veterans and good jobs protecting and preserving America.

Yeah I guess the veterans who fought for our county are leaching victims too, and don't matter. Unbelievable!.

Paul Riechoff (SFQC wannabe and SFASdrop out/reject) is no James Rowe . One does not recieve a patch until one is notified of the ODA team one qualifies for over 56 to 95 weeks -there is the first clue about the Riechoff's of the world.Paul Riechoff is not the voice of all veterans and he is known for self promotion and 'not playing well with others' in the veteran's community.If there was a block due to budget (pay-go issues)then perhaps there was genuine concern over where the money will come from.Otherwise the link to the huff post poster boy's lobbying darling is not impressive . I prefer to find the actual bill,attatchments etc and votes and will get back to you on my final answer- hopefully faster than Harvard will get back to its vets awaiting Yellow Ribbon Program funding

Statement by the Press Secretary on the Veterans Jobs Corps

No veteran who fought for our nation should have to fight for a job at home, but Republicans in Washington are blocking a common sense plan to create the Veterans Jobs Corps and put tens of thousands of veterans back to work.

Working with Democrats and Republicans in Congress, the Obama Administration has already made real progress to help veterans find jobs. We passed tax credits to encourage employers to hire veterans and released new tools to connect veterans with employers. And thanks to the First Lady and Dr. Biden’s Joining Forces Initiative, more than 2,000 businesses have hired or trained more than 125,000 veterans and military spouses in the past year. But we can do more and Senate Republicans should not block legislation that includes many of their ideas and stand between veterans and good jobs protecting and preserving America.

Yeah I guess the veterans who fought for our county are leaching victims too, and don't matter. Unbelievable!.

Ever heard of the budget? How about the massive deficit? "More than 2000 businesses have hired or trained 125,00 veterans and military spouses in the past year". We are already doing it, we don't need to go into more debt for an election year political stunt by the democrats.

Republican's are doing everything they can to keep the economy from recovering. They think no one will notice on election day that they've done nothing to help American's back to work.

"we don't need to go into more debt for an election year political stunt"

I usually keep it light on this board because there is too much anger. But as a 22 year U.S. Marine (now retired), I can't let this one go by. George Bush did not have a problem putting us in debt with and unfunded war that was at best, based on faulty Intel, or, at worst, based on a bald faced lie. A lie btw that cost over 4000 American lives, and many more permanent disabilities. So when U.S. servicemen in an ALL-VOLUNTEER military offer to put their lives on the line for not the best income in the world, the provisions offered under this bill is not too much to ask-ASSHOLE.

I usually keep it light on this board because there is too much anger. But as a 22 year U.S. Marine (now retired), I can't let this one go by. George Bush did not have a problem putting us in debt with and unfunded war that was at best, based on faulty Intel, or, at worst, based on a bald faced lie. A lie btw that cost over 4000 American lives, and many more permanent disabilities. So when U.S. servicemen in an ALL-VOLUNTEER military offer to put their lives on the line for not the best income in the world, the provisions offered under this bill is not too much to ask-ASSHOLE.

Whos' sock puppet are you? "I usually keep it light on this board" but you have 13 posts total.

You are probably lying about your military service as well.

Dumbass.

I call bullshit on your 'service. If you were, you would not use our war dead for political point scoring. You're just a pretender - and a sick freak for using our war dead for your pathetic partisan crap.

Bush did not 'put us in debt' and the 'unfunded' wars account for very little of the actual debt.

The Dems are yanking your chain... and like a good little borg - you're buyin' it. Fucking freak.

I call bullshit on your 'service. If you were, you would not use our war dead for political point scoring. You're just a pretender - and a sick freak for using our war dead for your pathetic partisan crap.

Bush did not 'put us in debt' and the 'unfunded' wars account for very little of the actual debt.

The Dems are yanking your chain... and like a good little borg - you're buyin' it. Fucking freak.

I'm pretty sure he's someone's sock as well.

Silly bastards. You just keep shooting that conservanazi syrup straight into your veins, don't you? You let Bush murder thousands of our children over unfunded illegal wars to make his daddy love him and then don't even have the decency to offer a helping hand to thousands of other children who made it back alive. You let Bush ring up $10 TRILLION in debt and then bitch about the new guy who can't figure out how to get it all back. And tell me, why is it that all you fat old white racist inbred hillbilly red states bitch about government subsidies when you are the ones sucking on the government welfare teat?! Maybe if you moved the fuck outta Joe Bob Hollow to a place where people don't eat opossum you might be able to get a real job and have better things to do than regurgitating talking points from fascist news outlets like Fox. What your stupid ass really needs to do is read the fucking bible and start acting like a follower of Jesus instead of a murdering christian

I'm pretty sure he's someone's sock as well.

Yea, I think you're right.

Republicans need to protect America from employed veterans

Anybody who thinks another federal bureaucracy called "the Veteran jobs corps" will really get jobs for anyone but the people in the "Veterans jobs corps" is playing with himself.

New Topics

Forum List

Back