Republican Charlie Crist considers running as an Indy

I think I heard on the radio this morning that Rubio was suspending his campaign due to the return of his father's lung cancer.

Best to him and his father!

Immie

I think you heard wrong. I haven't seen anything on the net about it and that would be news.

Crist will be symptomatic of any Republican who loses this year--basically a compromiser in the Bush/McCain mode. The hardcore party faithful, the ones who elect people, are pissed at them for screwing the pooch while in office and giving us Obama.

I don't see it on the net either, but despite the fact that it was at 6:30 am, I know that is what I heard and I know that it was on account of his father's cancer.

Of course, it was not on a news station. It was Country Music. Maybe they got it wrong?

Immie

I think I heard on the radio this morning that Rubio was suspending his campaign due to the return of his father's lung cancer.

Best to him and his father!

Immie

I think you heard wrong. I haven't seen anything on the net about it and that would be news.

Crist will be symptomatic of any Republican who loses this year--basically a compromiser in the Bush/McCain mode. The hardcore party faithful, the ones who elect people, are pissed at them for screwing the pooch while in office and giving us Obama.

Found this from the Miami Herald, but I had to use the "cached" link rather than the link to the paper:

South Florida | MiamiHerald.com

Marco Rubio halts campaign bus tour because of ill dad

Marco Rubio cut short his Florida bus tour to return to Miami after learning his father's cancer has returned. - 9:23 AM ET

Searched Rubio suspends campaign father's cancer on Yahoo.

Immie

Marco Rubio halts campaign bus tour because of ill dad - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

Here it is:

Marco Rubio halts campaign bus tour because of ill dad
Marco Rubio cut short his Florida bus tour to return to Miami after learning his father's cancer has returned.
BY BETH REINHARD
[email protected]

ORLANDO -- U.S. Senate candidate Marco Rubio, who frequently invokes the sacrifices made by his Cuban exile parents in his campaign speeches, said Tuesday that he was cutting a four-day bus tour short because his father's lung cancer had returned.

Read more: Marco Rubio halts campaign bus tour because of ill dad - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

It appears that it is just the bus tour and not the campaign... okay, so what can I say... at 6:30 am, I was only half awake!

Immie

you're down there, ravi. from up here, it looks like Crist wins handily if he runs as an independent.

what do you think?
Could be. If he does it will certainly screw up the Republican vote. Both Crist and Rubio have had some shady money problems. But things like that don't tend to matter to idealists.

If Crist signs the teacher bill he's probably going to be more popular with the right wing.

yes... he'd be more popular, but i think they'd still call him a RINO because he's not a loon.

well, he is a loon, he's just too chicken to put that official (D) behind his name..

Forum List

Back