Republican Challenger

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Will there be any? I forget how this works. If a party has the sitting president, do they mount intra-party challengers or just back the guy in office? I don't have clear memories of the GOP doing that.

Any GOP challenger has about as much chance of winning as Al Sharpton has of becoming David Duke's campaign manager!

(for the slow people on the board, that means none.)

At the risk of opening Pandora's Box... but what Republican would want a different Presidential candidate? Not to say that Bush is perfect, but why change horses in midstream?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
At the risk of opening Pandora's Box... but what Republican would want a different Presidential candidate? Not to say that Bush is perfect, but why change horses in midstream?
My problem isn't with 2004, my problem is who is left after that? There isn't really a candidate that jumps out at me. Well, to be truthful, after my beloved Ronald Regan's final day none really has!

you are way too right Moi, I am not going to worry about when that republican stands up..just dont have much of a clue who it might be??? in-put from resident political guru jeff????

Why would anyone challenge Bush? Gee, maybe because he's spent like a liberal, fought wars for Israel and opened the country to Mexicans?

I'll second that.

These men are dangerous fools. I am longing for a leader who will break the mold and throw off Israel and Mexico in one fell swoop.

McCain has pissed off too many conservatives.

Cheney has stated that he doesn't want it.

Powell might be a good choice.

Ridge... I'm not familiar with his politics, but I have heard that he is somewhat moderate.

Jeb Bush would be all right, but I'm not sure the nation would stand for three Bushes within 20 years.

Guilani would rock, although he is a social liberal.

There are a few governors out there, namely Colorado's Gov. Owens, that conservatives love.

My point was that no one is going to run against Bush in 2004 because it would be like stepping in front of a moving train. 2008 is a totally different ball game - that starts November 3rd.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
gulianni
I've thought about that since he dropped out of the senate race. He was a great us attorney and mayor. I thought he'd be a good senator. I don't know if he could win on a national platform but I'd like to see him try.

I heard a rumor awhile back that cheney may drop out of the VP slot because of health allowing rudy to step in. probably just someones wishful thinking though.

If Cheney were to step down, look for Dr Rice to potential take the spot. Imagine a presidential contest between Condeleza Rice and Hillary Clinton. Whoa

Rice would mop the floor with Hillary! What a great election that would be. I wonder how the NOW and the NAACP would react to that one?

Forum List

Back