Republican Candidate Plagarizes Obama's Speech

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Sarah Palin-Backed Congressional Candidate Accused Of Plagiarizing Obama's 2004 Convention Speech

Vaughn Ward, a GOP candidate for Idaho's First Congressional district, is facing charges that he swiped key passages from Barack Obama's iconic 2004 Democratic National Convention speech for his own campaign kickoff speech in January.

The specific passages in question have since been spliced together by a Tea Party activist who asks, "Who Is Vaughn Ward Really?"
<more>
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7qoKpIZK_I&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Ward plagiarizes Obama in Announcement Speech[/ame]

And President Obama would be OUTWAGED

if he was not himself fond of plagiarizing the words of OTHER candidates.

"Just words. Just words!"
Nice try.

What's a "nice try?" Accurately pointing out that President Obama did the same shit?

You're right.

That was a good try.

Historically verifiable, too. EDIT: see: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/02/obama-echoes-de.html

Your OP is kinda like a report that some thief had his property stolen. :lol:

Last edited:
LOL, just couldn't leave Palin out of One friggen thread.

and who the hell would want to plagiarize one of the Obamas BS sermons, anyway.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:lol:

Your candidate did ... word for word.

Sarah Palin-Backed Congressional Candidate Accused Of Plagiarizing Obama's 2004 Convention Speech

Vaughn Ward, a GOP candidate for Idaho's First Congressional district, is facing charges that he swiped key passages from Barack Obama's iconic 2004 Democratic National Convention speech for his own campaign kickoff speech in January.

The specific passages in question have since been spliced together by a Tea Party activist who asks, "Who Is Vaughn Ward Really?"
<more>
YouTube - Ward plagiarizes Obama in Announcement Speech

_____

That fella messed up.

Good lord what was he thinking??? No soup for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<more>

I don't recognize the name Vaughn Ward, but here are a few that we both recognize...plagarizing.

"It has been a difficult year for the candidates when it comes to plagiarism matters. First Barack Obama was accused of plagiarizing from his long-time friend Deval Patrick, then McCain was accused of plagiarizing from Wikipedia and now, just after the first Vice Presidential candidate has been selected, Joe Biden, he finds himself in the middle of a plagiarism controversy.

Of course, this isn’t really the beginning of Biden’s plagiarism controversy, but rather, a continuation of a scandal that began over twenty years ago.

Biden’s trouble with the plagiarism began a stump speech in Iowa. At the end of the speech, Biden used a series of phrases that closely mirrored a previous speech by that of British politician Neal Kinnock.

The end result was that Biden, who was already lagging in the polls, was forced to drop out of the race. Though Biden continued to serve in the Senate, these allegations have stuck with him for pretty much his entire career since then."
The Biden Plagiarism Scandal | PlagiarismToday

So, where's the outrage?

<more>

You know what, PJ? This should be just about as important as Biden's plagiarism.

<more>

ZOMG!!

Don't tell me that a Republican talked about "Greedy white Folk" in our 57 states!

Nice try.

What's a "nice try?" Accurately pointing out that President Obama did the same shit?

You're right.

That was a good try.

Historically verifiable, too. EDIT: see: Obama Echoes Deval Patrick...Again - Political Punch

LOL! Got point it out AGAIN for the benefit of PJ!

That "nice try" comment made zero sense in light of the fact that the Obamessiah is guilty himself of the very crap you were "discussing" in about in the OP!

I dunno. For some reason, I find that really funny. So, care to elaborate on your "nice try" comment now? :lol:

Nice try.

You're right.

That was a good try.

Historically verifiable, too. EDIT: see: Obama Echoes Deval Patrick...Again - Political Punch

LOL! Got point it out AGAIN for the benefit of PJ!

That "nice try" comment made zero sense in light of the fact that the Obamessiah is guilty himself of the very crap you were "discussing" in the OP!

I dunno. For some reason, I find that really funny. So, care to elaborate on your "nice try" comment now? :lol:

That is all you got? NO comments on THIS pos who literally stole the enemy's words? Wow. Says everything about you. Can you link us to Obama stealing passages? If not, shut the fuck up. I dont mean saying the word "the" or "and" or whatever. Whole passages like this pos republican.

I am so tired of your bullshit.

Last edited:

This republican. Did you even watch the clip...unbelievably hacky person.

That is all you got? NO comments on THIS pos who literally stole the enemy's words? Wow. Says everything about you. Can you link us to Obama stealing passages? If not, shut the fuck up. I dont mean saying the word "the" or "and" or whatever. Whole passages like this pos republican.

I am so tired of your bullshit.

Links have already been provided. How many do you want?

Forum List

Back