Republican Budget Compromise

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
So Dems agree to a total of $30 Billion in cuts, which is close to what the Repubs wanted in the first place. Then the Repubs UP'd the total of wanted cuts to $61 Billion and screamed "Dems wont compromise!"

What's up with that?

I know, I know...I can hear a Repub now yelling in a typical hair on fire response: "$60 Billion is the cost of 1 day to run BIG GOVERNMENT!" I know that. So, how many days do you want? Scratch that, how many days does any Republican talking head, Senator, Congressman etc. want? They just seem to bitch until a question of "How much?" is asked...Then the next question is:

Where'd they go?

Where ya been for the last two years CC? You supported Obama's brave new world and now you are satisfied with 30 billion spending cuts. What happened? Are you willing to admit that "hope and change" was just a political slogan? Thank God for the republican majority in congress. Where would we be if democrats controlled the government and continued their slide toward fascism?

The Republicans sent to the Senate bills totaling 60 BILLION in cuts and the Dems offered 10 in "compromise". Now they say 30. I think the Republicans should demand several HUNDRED.

Do a Google for us and tell us what the projected revenue this year will be then compare that to Obama's 1.1 trillion dollar request.

Does any thinking person honestly think 60 billion in "cuts" is nearly enough?

We need to be cutting Trillions if we can.

The Republicans sent to the Senate bills totaling 60 BILLION in cuts and the Dems offered 10 in "compromise". Now they say 30. I think the Republicans should demand several HUNDRED.

Do a Google for us and tell us what the projected revenue this year will be then compare that to Obama's 1.1 trillion dollar request.

I did a google search..

Democrats Challenge Republicans to Compromise on Budget Cuts (1) - Businessweek

The Democrats said Republican House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio bowed to pressure from Tea Party-backed lawmakers in spurning a White House offer of an additional $20 billion in spending cuts in legislation to finance the government through Sept. 30. About $10 billion already has been sliced from the 2011 budget.

New York Democratic Senator Charles E. Schumer challenged Boehner to accept the proposal that would yield total cuts of about $30 billion, which is close to the amount of cuts initially sought by House Republican leaders before Tea Party- backed members insisted on cuts totaling $61 billion.

Now I know what you're thinking...Hey, 60 billion is waaay smaller than a TRILLION. Once you move past that stunning calculation you have to figure what they cuts mean. Right?

What it means is we are still spending more money than we are taking in. Mostly on wasteful and unconstitutional programs.

I did a google search..

The Democrats said Republican House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio bowed to pressure from Tea Party-backed lawmakers in spurning a White House offer of an additional $20 billion in spending cuts in legislation to finance the government through Sept. 30. About $10 billion already has been sliced from the 2011 budget.

New York Democratic Senator Charles E. Schumer challenged Boehner to accept the proposal that would yield total cuts of about $30 billion, which is close to the amount of cuts initially sought by House Republican leaders before Tea Party- backed members insisted on cuts totaling $61 billion.

Now I know what you're thinking...Hey, 60 billion is waaay smaller than a TRILLION. Once you move past that stunning calculation you have to figure what they cuts mean. Right?

Dishonest reporting, the actual bills sent to the senate all had the 60 billion cuts. And the response, which you are ignoring was an offer to cut 10 billion. How about that compromise by our lame duck Senate Democrats? I notice you don't seem to care about that. After a month or more they suddenly agreed to 20 billion more.

It does not matter one whit what Boehner wanted initially, the actual bills all had 60 billion in cuts not 30.

The proposed budget is 1.1 TRILLION dollars, we can not afford it and 60 billion in cuts is to small also. But better then what the Dems want.

I did a google search..

Dishonest reporting, the actual bills sent to the senate all had the 60 billion cuts. And the response, which you are ignoring was an offer to cut 10 billion. How about that compromise by our lame duck Senate Democrats? I notice you don't seem to care about that. After a month or more they suddenly agreed to 20 billion more.

It does not matter one whit what Boehner wanted initially, the actual bills all had 60 billion in cuts not 30.

The proposed budget is 1.1 TRILLION dollars, we can not afford it and 60 billion in cuts is to small also. But better then what the Dems want.

Is this about what we can afford or no? Cause I dont hear any (R)epublicans proposing any more than that. So, Wheres the compromise?

So Dems agree to a total of $30 Billion in cuts, which is close to what the Repubs wanted in the first place. Then the Repubs UP'd the total of wanted cuts to $61 Billion and screamed "Dems wont compromise!"

What's up with that?

I know, I know...I can hear a Repub now yelling in a typical hair on fire response: "$60 Billion is the cost of 1 day to run BIG GOVERNMENT!" I know that. So, how many days do you want? Scratch that, how many days does any Republican talking head, Senator, Congressman etc. want? They just seem to bitch until a question of "How much?" is asked...Then the next question is:

Where'd they go?

It is a complete and total joke. Represents less than 2% of this years Deficit, and were not even addressing the issues with SS.

I did a google search..

No it is not. We haven't had a federal budget that small since the 90s.

Obama's spending request is for 3.8 trillion dollars.

Where ya been for the last two years CC? You supported Obama's brave new world and now you are satisfied with 30 billion spending cuts. What happened? Are you willing to admit that "hope and change" was just a political slogan? Thank God for the republican majority in congress. Where would we be if democrats controlled the government and continued their slide toward fascism?
I love this response!
:clap2:
If it was still dem-controlled there's no way in hell there'd be ANY cuts.

What's up with that?

Where'd they go?

Close to what they wanted in the first place?

Republicans Tee Up $100 Billion Spending Cut : Roll Call News

One of us needs to work on his math skills, and it ain't me.

What Social Security problem? The OASDI Fund has a huge surplus, and anyone who thinks you have to go after SS to attack the deficit is misinformed.

How about we scale way back on defense spending? And subsidies to oil companies?

What Social Security problem? The OASDI Fund has a huge surplus, and anyone who thinks you have to go after SS to attack the deficit is misinformed.

How about we scale way back on defense spending? And subsidies to oil companies?

The Social Security funds are robbed every year by Congress. And replaced with IOU's. Exactly how will the Government repay those IOU's when they come due when they can not even pay for the budgets now?

The proposed budget "cuts" don't amount to a drop of piss in all the oceans.

60 billion out of a 3.7 trillion dollar budget that includes 1.1 trillion in deficit spending is meaningless.

Come on people 60 billion is less than 2% of the total spending proposed by Obama and we know that the proposed spending is always less than the actual spending.

So the question here really is: What is a meaningful budget cut?

If we're not talking about 500 billion in cuts then we are just spinning our wheels, or shoveling shit against the tides, or pissing in the wind, or......

The proposed budget "cuts" don't amount to a drop of piss in all the oceans.

60 billion out of a 3.7 trillion dollar budget that includes 1.1 trillion in deficit spending is meaningless.

Come on people 60 billion is less than 2% of the total spending proposed by Obama and we know that the proposed spending is always less than the actual spending.

So the question here really is: What is a meaningful budget cut?

If we're not talking about 500 billion in cuts then we are just spinning our wheels, or shoveling shit against the tides, or pissing in the wind, or......

...Kicking the can farther down the road...again...

I did a google search..

Since when is half "close."

If you're selling your house for 300K, and I offer you $149K, should you be happy and take it?

We're "close," right?

Does any thinking person honestly think 60 billion in "cuts" is nearly enough?

We need to be cutting Trillions if we can.

60B is a drop in the bucket. We were promised 100B:doubt:

And it looks now that the cuts won't be much above $30B. Isn't what they promised, is it? Republicans have to remember that they're still on probation with the American people.

Since when is half "close."

If you're selling your house for 300K, and I offer you $149K, should you be happy and take it?

We're "close," right?

Thanks for the example of what half is :doubt:

You don't seem to like what Bloomberg is reporting. Take it up with them. It says that Boehner originally wanted 30 billion. Again, write Bloomberg and make sure to include your definition of half, I think that would be helpful.

Like I said, what (R)epublican is proposing more? And what do those cuts mean in loss of services.

Forum List

Back