Republican Bob McDonnell's graduate thesis haunts him

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Va. Governor's Race Erupts Over McDonnell's Past Views - washingtonpost.com

Anita Kumar and Rosalind Helderman
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, September 1, 2009; 1:00 PM
The Virginia governor's race ignited Monday over Republican Robert F. McDonnell's 20-year-old graduate thesis: Democrats assailed him in e-mail blasts and interviews for what he wrote about working women, homosexuals and "fornicators," and McDonnell tried to explain his views to crucial moderate and female voters.

considering that the majority of voters are women I think his lead may just suffer for this one.

But.. but... but...

I thought we weren't allowed to hold people to the things they said when they were in college...

He was 34 when he wrote the thesis.

Oh, my bad...

But.. but... but...

I thought we weren't allowed to hold people to the things they said twenty years ago...

(He was still in college... er graduate school anyway)

Last edited:
I didn't care about Michelle Obama's thesis and I don't care about this one

We write stupid stuff when we are young

Most of the people that know him say he has been sandbagging and really is what he wrote in that thesis.

The guy was married with children and had been in the military before he got his JD from Regent....that bastion of progressive thought where Pat Robertson hangs out.......

The Virginia governor's race ignited Monday over Republican Robert F. McDonnell's 20-year-old graduate thesis: Democrats assailed him in e-mail blasts and interviews for what he wrote about working women, homosexuals and "fornicators," and McDonnell tried to explain his views to crucial moderate and female voters.

if your going to write it stick by it, or dont write it in the first place.

has obama made his thesis available

if your going to write it stick by it, or dont write it in the first place.

has obama made his thesis available

Why no, no he hasn't.

Most of the people that know him say he has been sandbagging and really is what he wrote in that thesis.

The guy was married with children and had been in the military before he got his JD from Regent....that bastion of progressive thought where Pat Robertson hangs out.......

Coming from Christofascist Wingnut Tech...er, I mean Regent...the idea that he might actually still adhere to the views he wrote in this thesis is very plausible.

I'll bet that women voters in Virginia are smart enough to know that a man of 34 at Regent University was pretty sure of his beliefs at the time of that thesis.

I'll bet that women voters in Virginia are smart enough to know that a man of 34 at Regent University was pretty sure of his beliefs at the time of that thesis.

I'll bet the GOP is thinking they really don't need this right now.

heh

I'll bet the DNC is wishing this had come out three weeks before the election. There's way to much time to counter the negative effects now.

I'll bet the GOP is thinking they really don't need this right now.

heh

I'll bet the DNC is wishing this had come out three weeks before the election. There's way to much time to counter the negative effects now.

Unfortunately you may be right about that. Nevertheless, both parties have image problems and for the Repubs it's guys like McDonnell. I doubt him winning the election is gonna make this just go away.

Forum List

Back