Republican bigotry never ends...

Republican bigotry is the reason they are opposed to gay rights.

You are at least right. Anyone who is opposed to Gay rights is indeed being a bigot, and there are a fair amount of those in the Republican Party. However where you go wrong is attributing that belief to all Republicans, or even to all those who opposed this bill. This was a large bill with the Don't ask/Don't tell part tacked on.

Several Republicans offered amendments to the body of the bill, not related at all to Don't ask/Don't Tell, and were thwarted from even having them considered by the Democrat Leadership. To ignore than and blame it all on Bigotry is to ignore reality.

Not that, that is anything new. par for the course. Buy what ever Line the Dems are selling today and run with it!

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Dem line.

I just call them as I see them.

Uh huh, Like you see em eh? So then you watched the Live CSpan Coverage of that day on the Senate floor like I did? I guess if you did you must have missed it as republican after Republican moved to have an amendment brought up and were shot down with out even a chance to be considered in committee. Guess that little tid Bit had nothing at all to do with the Republicans opposing the bill.

Election year political games in the Senate. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Republican bigotry is the reason they are opposed to gay rights.

You are at least right. Anyone who is opposed to Gay rights is indeed being a bigot, and there are a fair amount of those in the Republican Party. However where you go wrong is attributing that belief to all Republicans, or even to all those who opposed this bill. This was a large bill with the Don't ask/Don't tell part tacked on.

Several Republicans offered amendments to the body of the bill, not related at all to Don't ask/Don't Tell, and were thwarted from even having them considered by the Democrat Leadership. To ignore than and blame it all on Bigotry is to ignore reality.

Not that, that is anything new. par for the course. Buy what ever Line the Dems are selling today and run with it!

you call them like a delusional little pissant
cause thats what you are

you call them like a delusional little pissant
cause thats what you are

My bad. Misunderstanding.

I think Don't ask/Don't tell should be repealed Myself.

however this thread is a joke. This is not a sign of GOP Bigotry, this is yet another Example of a Party with A massive majority. Playing Procedural games With a bill, little More than a month before an election to bash the republicans with it.

You guys are doing a good job of supporting their game, But many of us are not buying it. Last time I checked the Democrats had 58 Votes, plus 2 Independents who caucus with them. As in 60 votes. Filibuster proof.

not to mention the democrats refused to hear a single Amendment to the bill. Most having nothing to do with Don't Ask/Don't Tell. After all it was a Defense spending bill. The Democrats knew full well if they Refused to hear any Amendments from the Republicans. They would Filibuster. Bingo the game is on.

I suggest watching some of the Cable coverage of the US senate on TV. Not the News. I mean the channels that just show you what is going on in the Senate. All day long it was Republicans trying to Get Amendments to the spending in the Bill brought up for consideration and the Dems shutting them down.

Nothing but a game. Falling for this is just silly.

Where is your out rage at the 2 Democrats who failed their party?

The right is filled with sacks of shit.

Democrats don't vote in lockstep because they are NOT 90% white.

Why don't you guys understand this? Republicans leave everything for the Democrats to do because they shit on civil rights and squat on the middle class. They do. We know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

Republicans vote in lockstep no matter what the American majority wants. They have to lie us into Iraq, pass their bills through reconciliation and squat shit on the gays. They hate Hispanics, Muslim, atheists and everyone not "them".

Quit saying Democrats had the majority. Democrats do NOT vote in lockstep.

Remember, defeating DADT would only take a couple of Republicans. But it won't happen. Why? Because the fuckers vote in "lockstep".

Quit slandering Democrats because Republicans are fuckwads.

Take some responsibility.

My my more Racial accusations and Rhetoric. Not surprised.

Sure because you say so. So when Democrats voted in lock stop to Pass a Health care Bill Most Americans didn't want it was different how?

You mention with disdain all the time that Republicans are 90% white. One might conclude you are racists against whites. IMO

Democrats do indeed vote in lock step 95% of the time. You are simply perpetuating a falsehood over and over. Which will never make it true.

Quit slandering Democrats because Republicans are fuckwads.
How is Pointing out the FACT that several Republican Amendments were indeed offered, and the Democrat leadership refused to even allow debate on any of them slander? Do you deny it happened? I watched the CSPAN coverage sir, I beg to differ.

Take some responsibility.
You mean like you are by ignoring the procedural games the Dems played with this bill, and instead choosing to claim Republicans killed it because they hate everyone. ??

Don't think that just because I am trying to remain more civil in Debates, that I will not call Bullshit when I see it. Your constant generalizations and Racial Accusations about All people on the right, and your constant reference to how the Republican Party is 90% white, as if that makes it inherently bad. Is nothing but clear evidence of your own Racial Beliefs.

I'm not sure. Are you lying? Ignorant? What?

If Democrats vote together 95% of the time, we would have a public option, DADT would be over turned.

Democrats have Blue Dogs, not to mentions all the races, religions or those without religion.

Republicans have white and Christian. How can you not know that?

This country is so backward.

Gays deserve the same rights as straight people.

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal....

Do you truly hold the value in your last sentance?

If you say yes I have another question. Do you support a flat tax that is the same for every american regardless of income?

Just testing how strongly you hold the value that all are equal.

That's a poorly framed question, my friend.

What is bigoted is not allowing people to be open about their sexual preference.

Should sexual preference even enter into the equation in the first place? Why ask if someone is Bi, Gay, or Straight.....the way it is now anyone with any sexual preference is allowed to join the military.

Sexual preference or the ability to express that preference has no bearing on a persons ability to be an effective military member.

The talking point that dont ask, dont tell is bigoted is poorly framed.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who is straight and currently serving, the way we were told the DADT policy works presents an extremely bigoted picture.

If it was a policy that actually states that you "don't consider people's sexual preference at all", that'd be fine. However DADT simply allows gays to just "not say they're gay" and they won't be discharged. However IF IT IS REVEALED whether through their own mouth or they are caught engaging in "homosexual behavior" they CAN be discharged.

Don't Ask Don't Tell is the catalyst which KEEPS gays from being discriminated against. The problem is not DADT it's the fact that gays can STILL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. DADT just keeps people from incriminating themselves when they lie about their sexual preference to keep their job. They still HAVE to lie though, or atleast keep their sexual preference a secret, a burden not experienced by those of us who can talk about our sexual preference openly with no fear of military discharge and our record of noble service being stripped from us.

On a side note, I'd like to add that TWO DEMOCRATS also voted against this. If the Republican Party is the party of "no" the democrats are the party of "maybe not".

Thanks for giving me your perspective, I appreciated reading your opinion on this.

I support gays serving in the military, in fact openly but why is this in the defense bill and not in its own legislation
one thing i cant stand about washington, it always attaches stuff that doesnt belong

do agree with you chris, that the republicans are wrong on this issue

I do too.

I also think it should be its own bill so that we, the people, can take a head count on who truly beleives what in washington.

I vote to nominate this thread as the bullshit biased thread of the year! Almost all of you are blind to your political party of choice! Charles is right! This is politics at its finest.

If this was about the "people", and not politics, then DC would have allowed the DoD to finish its report/research and, if found to be feasible, the repeal of DADT would be its own legislation.

As Charles pointed out in an earlier post, you are all playing the game very well and your biased representatives thank you. Think for yourself not for your party of choice.

Forum List

Back