Republican becomes Democrat because of attack on teachers

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
MONTGOMERY | State Rep. Daniel Boman, who represents part of Tuscaloosa County, switched to the Democratic party today.

Boman, a 36-year-old lawyer from Sulligent, said Wednesday’s vote on a bill to change the state’s tenure and fair dismissal laws for educators convinced him he was in the wrong party.
Boman, elected as a Republican last November, voted against the tenure and fair dismissal bill that Democrats said removes much of the due process for teachers facing discipline or firing.
State Rep. Boman switches to Democratic Party | TuscaloosaNews.com

when i was in nam i was a demokrat - when i came home i figured out demokrats r communists and became a republican

Lehr please learn to use words and not chat text and please capitalize just a little bit...I am not grammar major but damn its hard to read your typing.

Perhaps he just started cheating on his wife and felt he'd be accepted and retain his position as a Democrat....:dunno:

Lehr please learn to use words and not chat text and please capitalize just a little bit...I am not grammar major but damn its hard to read your typing.

sorry pal - i do not mean to offend - this is the way chat rooms type,,,,,,id like to know what u think of what i say - not how i type it !

i need obamas teleprompter = :eusa_drool:

Of course, rather than debate issues such as these, the Republcans on this board would rather call names and insult. Yes, the days of Reagan are really behind us, replaced with shouting, name calling, and insults. The Tea Party is clearly beginning to creep into the soul of the GOP.

Wonder if Rep. Boman canvassed the Republicans who voted him into office first, or if he just acted on anger. The vote was 65 to 40, and his vote was in the minority.

It's not a pleasant thing to try and undo a wrong against the public that puts a union in charge of government workers' acts instead of their conscientious allegiance to the state constitution. The Republicans are only trying to find ways to reduce spending in the face of unconscionable demands made on the state budget that doesn't have enough money to go around.

Everybody wants to be a millionaire, but even in the business world, that's rare. These states trying to pay their bills and eliminate deficits just can't make all retirees millionaires from the public treasury. State bankruptcy is not a pretty scenario.

Of course, rather than debate issues such as these, the Republcans on this board would rather call names and insult. Yes, the days of Reagan are really behind us, replaced with shouting, name calling, and insults. The Tea Party is clearly beginning to creep into the soul of the GOP.

I'm a card-carrying Republican, and I do my best to stick to the topic and eschew personal insults. I do think Republicans work hard to resolve these budgetary issues against a considerable amount of anger cast their way. We think government should be limited to specific roles and are generally against usurpation of other people's assets for luxury retirement packages the American government was never created to do.

Last edited:

I wonder if the douchebag now turned demonRat will have the balls to return the Republicans campaign money to them,, and then not whine like a pussy when they vote his azz out next time round?? Keep us posted.

MONTGOMERY | State Rep. Daniel Boman, who represents part of Tuscaloosa County, switched to the Democratic party today.

Boman, a 36-year-old lawyer from Sulligent, said Wednesday’s vote on a bill to change the state’s tenure and fair dismissal laws for educators convinced him he was in the wrong party.
Boman, elected as a Republican last November, voted against the tenure and fair dismissal bill that Democrats said removes much of the due process for teachers facing discipline or firing.
State Rep. Boman switches to Democratic Party | TuscaloosaNews.com

To be expected. He will be counted among many.

Forum List

Back