Republican and Religious control of education

so what exactly does the DOE, with its nearly $50 billion budget do?

if all things education are strictly local, who gives a shit about what some school board in texas is doing? my kids don't go to school in texas

Then, cad, what are you worried about? Do you have a local problem, or a bone to pick with the DOE?

Folks, the point is Texas buys a lot of text books so the text book makers catar to Texas, and your local school is going to get the choice in booksTexas says it wants. It is a Christian Republican who is pushing for Christianizing text books, and writing history to make appear that is Christianity that made our nation great. Read the link. By the way, among other recommendations is replacing the word capitalism with "free enterprise" because capitalism has been associated with capitalist pig.

The Texas high school instructor has autonomy in the classroom regardless of what the board has t say about guidelines.

if all things education are strictly local, who gives a shit about what some school board in texas is doing? my kids don't go to school in texas

Then, cad, what are you worried about? Do you have a local problem, or a bone to pick with the DOE?

i was talking to samson's point which seemed to say all education is local ( i may have misread)

i dont think that's the case, though it probably should be. it seems like samson should be the one that's worried about a DOE that controls too much or isn't worth the $50 billion budget.

No, our education system isn't right leaning at all. It's just more bloviating and outright lies being spread by the fascist left so they can justify trampling all over the rights of people whose politics they don't approve of, and so they can exert even more power over America's children.

What pukes they are.

Who is it you hate? Who are these people you call the fascist left? Who exactly are the pukes.

Spare me your condescending hogwash, Samson.

We have a US Dept. of Education.
We have an education system.

You can quibble over nonsense all you like and fiddle around with the particulars, but you know exactly what people are referring to when they say "education system" and you are just giving in to your petty tendency to nitpick minutia that really doesn't matter one way or another when you decide to make a big issue over whether or not the US has an education system.

We do. Get over it.

Spare me your ignorant ramblings.

The US Dept of Education has nothing to do with Teacher and Administrator Licensing, Text books, Curriculum.

Do you even know what the DOE Does? I doubt it

Anyone who would claim that the US has One School System because there is a "National Education System" (BTW, you meant NEA = National Education Association, moron), would also believe Peewee Football is a National organization because there's a National Football League.

Every now and then Samson feels the need to get serious, which generally means boring the shit out of everyone with the assertion of his superior intellect via ridiculous trivia that means nothing.

Actually, "felling the need" is mainly a function of not being able to tolerate a certain level of stupidity that I cannot ignore.

Thanks for offering the opportunity to "get serious."

Ask Allie.

She's a genius.:eusa_whistle:

The Texas high school instructor has autonomy in the classroom regardless of what the board has t say about guidelines.

Not really....but, by "the board," do you mean the District School Board, or the State Board of Education?

Often, the "autonomy" that Texas HS teachers have is relative to a lot of factors: For example, a Physics teacher has a heluva lot of freedom: Who the fuck knows if hes teaching anything right?

English Teachers, have a problem: Other English Teachers. If one teaches differently than another, the comparison is obvious.

Folks, the point is Texas buys a lot of text books so the text book makers catar to Texas, and your local school is going to get the choice in booksTexas says it wants. It is a Christian Republican who is pushing for Christianizing text books, and writing history to make appear that is Christianity that made our nation great. Read the link. By the way, among other recommendations is replacing the word capitalism with "free enterprise" because capitalism has been associated with capitalist pig.

No.

Modern publishing methods allow book manufacturers to tailor textbooks to state specifications, at little or no additional cost.

Forum List

Back