Republican 2013 Budget

A study based on SUBJECTIVE FAIRNESS...... nice try... not what I asked...

Please show one single state that charges lower income earners a higher % of their income in taxation than what higher income earners are charged.... I'll be waiting

Um....how about all of them?

CFED Scorecard

WOW...in some of them poor people pay 6 TIMES as much of their income as a percetage of taxes as rich people do!

Enjoy your burn you dumbass.

Please show one single state that charges lower income earners a higher % of their income in taxation than what higher income earners are charged.... I'll be waiting

Um....how about all of them?

CFED Scorecard

WOW...in some of them poor people pay 6 TIMES as much of their income as a percetage of taxes as rich people do!

Enjoy your burn you dumbass.

Don't you just love it when they run away?

it will never be law

its not meant to be right out of the box, the budget process? Here, now try and understand this, I know its uber complicated, ok?

So follow me ....ready?

The budget prcoess is....a PROCESS,:ack-1:that involves several committees and massaging and passing between house and senate and then more massaging then passing them back and forth until they complete a simple conference report which they both agree to .......the house and senate, then it goes to the President...

BUT, apparently his has been much to complicated for the democratic party who for 2 years could have crafted ANY budget they liked passed both house and senate and the president how most certainly would have signed....then last summer the gop in the house passed a budget bill to send to the senate and??

crickets..... no committes, no conferences no votes...dead. 3 years, no budget, the democrats wholly own that.

The link clearly shows that it is almost all of them, didn't read it did you?

No it did not... it did not show at all that individual persons of lower income were paying a higher % rate than others... they skewed numbers based on the concept they put forward as FAIRNESS...

Sales tax is the same on every person regardless of income.. it is the same rate on every dollar spent, whether the price of something you bought was $5 or $5000000.... yet your little study puts a subjective spin on effect on persons.. rather than the equality in treatment of such a system

Again... name the state that's rates for income taxes for poor that are higher than that for rich.... not some bullshit number skewed for subjective reasons of 'fairness'

No it did not... it did not show at all that individual persons of lower income were paying a higher % rate than others... they skewed numbers based on the concept they put forward as FAIRNESS...

Sales tax is the same on every person regardless of income.. it is the same rate on every dollar spent, whether the price of something you bought was $5 or $5000000.... yet your little study puts a subjective spin on effect on persons.. rather than the equality in treatment of such a system

Again... name the state that's rates for income taxes for poor that are higher than that for rich.... not some bullshit number skewed for subjective reasons of 'fairness'

The numbers say that in nearly all states the bottom pays a significantly higher percentage of their income in taxes to the state than the top, that's regressive taxes, not sure what point you are trying to make.

The numbers say that in nearly all states the bottom pays a significantly higher percentage of their income in taxes to the state than the top, that's regressive taxes, not sure what point you are trying to make.

WHEN PUT THRU A SUBJECTIVE ANALYSIS... oh.. 'the rich save some of their money and do not pay a sales tax on that because they don't spend it'... there is nothing dictating that you must be forced to spend everything, nor to save everything....

The point I am making is everyone is taxed the same rate on every dollar earned in a flat tax system... just as everyone is taxed the same rate on every dollar spent in a flat sales tax system.... it is indeed EQUALITY IN TREATMENT...

What your little 'study' does is inject the subjective concept of 'fairness' in an OBVIOUS ploy for the call for unequal treatment on a SUBJECTIVE basis in a PROGRESSIVE system

There is not ONE state that has a higher income tax rate for the lower class than for the upper earning class

Your 'study' CONTINUALLY uses their subjective premise of 'fairness' in their alleged 'analysis'... and is hence inherently skewed and flawed

WHEN PUT THRU A SUBJECTIVE ANALYSIS... oh.. 'the rich save some of their money and do not pay a sales tax on that because they don't spend it'... there is nothing dictating that you must be forced to spend everything, nor to save everything....

The point I am making is everyone is taxed the same rate on every dollar earned in a flat tax system... just as everyone is taxed the same rate on every dollar spent in a flat sales tax system.... it is indeed EQUALITY IN TREATMENT...

What your little 'study' does is inject the subjective concept of 'fairness' in an OBVIOUS ploy for the call for unequal treatment on a SUBJECTIVE basis in a PROGRESSIVE system

There is not ONE state that has a higher income tax rate for the lower class than for the upper earning class

Your 'study' CONTINUALLY uses their subjective premise of 'fairness' in their alleged 'analysis'... and is hence inherently skewed and flawed

I get it, you want to ignore the regressive nature of sales taxes, excise taxes and fees and focus exclusively on income taxes, sorry, I brought this up to get people to look at the big picture rather than just the parts that support further shafting working people at the federal level.

I get it, you want to ignore the regressive nature of sales taxes, excise taxes and fees and focus exclusively on income taxes, sorry, I brought this up to get people to look at the big picture rather than just the parts that support further shafting working people at the federal level.

This is not about subjective 'fairness' or an equalized OUTCOME.... sorry charlie.. I'm no commie.... I don't sing kumbaya around campfires while eating tofu and granola with women who don't shave their armpits

Sales taxes and flat income taxes are based on equal tereatment... whether you spend 100% of your income or you live in the woods and bury 100% of it in coffee cans under the pile of horse manure (or anything in between) is up to you in this free society

This is about EQUAL TREATMENT BY GOVERNMENT UNDER LAW.. the problem IS that we have got to this bullshit place of bloated government with tendrils extending into places they are not constitutionally charged to be, and politicians using subjective 'fairness' as a way to pander for votes, BECAUSE of all this subjective bullshit....

And again... you don't like your state system, you have 49 other states to choose from while still remaining a citizen of this country... and the fed does not dictate how the states do their own taxation

Sorry....

This is not about subjective 'fairness' or an equalized OUTCOME.... sorry charlie.. I'm no commie.... I don't sing kumbaya around campfires while eating tofu and granola with women who don't shave their armpits

Sales taxes and flat income taxes are based on equal tereatment... whether you spend 100% of your income or you live in the woods and bury 100% of it in coffee cans under the pile of horse manure (or anything in between) is up to you in this free society

This is about EQUAL TREATMENT BY GOVERNMENT UNDER LAW.. the problem IS that we have got to this bullshit place of bloated government with tendrils extending into places they are not constitutionally charged to be, and politicians using subjective 'fairness' as a way to pander for votes, BECAUSE of all this subjective bullshit....

And again... you don't like your state system, you have 49 other states to choose from while still remaining a citizen of this country... and the fed does not dictate how the states do their own taxation

Sorry....

Was any of that supposed to be a rationalization for shifting the tax burden onto the working class? Instead of an ideological rant perhaps you can tell us the benefits to increasing taxes on people who have not had a real raise in income in twenty years.

Tax cuts create jobs which create income.

If we end the Democratic rein there will be no more Solyndras.

It all makes sense to be.

Sorry....

Was any of that supposed to be a rationalization for shifting the tax burden onto the working class? Instead of an ideological rant perhaps you can tell us the benefits to increasing taxes on people who have not had a real raise in income in twenty years.

Shifting anywhere above zero would be an 'increase'.... it was not and is not right now that close to 1/2 of all US citizens pay zero into income tax, with some actually getting money out of it as well...

Benefits of everyone paying income taxes... everyone has a stake in the game... the tax base is increased... those with a stake in the game are less likely to support overspending... those with a zero stake seem to have ZERO problem voting to support more handouts/programs/etc at the expense of others... and in a goddamn system based on freedom and equality in treatment, to have ~49% paying NOTHING in federal income tax and being supported by the other ~51% is absolute and utter BULLSHIT

You complain about exemptions and deductions and other such things.. ELIMINATE THEM... stop pandering to politicians who only give loopholes to whatever class or whatever group for the pure sake of power and manipulation... you want equality in one aspect of government, you damn well better demand it in other places as well... otherwise, you're about as hypocritical as hey come.. .one of the ones like deaner who openly supports unequal treatment of others when it benefits him

Sorry....

Shifting anywhere above zero would be an 'increase'.... it was not and is not right now that close to 1/2 of all US citizens pay zero into income tax, with some actually getting money out of it as well...

Benefits of everyone paying income taxes... everyone has a stake in the game... the tax base is increased... those with a stake in the game are less likely to support overspending... those with a zero stake seem to have ZERO problem voting to support more handouts/programs/etc at the expense of others... and in a goddamn system based on freedom and equality in treatment, to have ~49% paying NOTHING in federal income tax and being supported by the other ~51% is absolute and utter BULLSHIT

You complain about exemptions and deductions and other such things.. ELIMINATE THEM... stop pandering to politicians who only give loopholes to whatever class or whatever group for the pure sake of power and manipulation... you want equality in one aspect of government, you damn well better demand it in other places as well... otherwise, you're about as hypocritical as hey come.. .one of the ones like deaner who openly supports unequal treatment of others when it benefits him

My point from the beginning is that the tax structure in the states negates this argument that the bottom pay nothing in taxes, they pay plenty every time they buy food, fill their tank or anytime they have to get a license or permit and that's all 50 states. The working poor fund the states, they pay into SS and medicare, and they are strapped for cash already and you want to increase their burden? How about a substantial raise in the minimum wage to compensate? Didn't think so.

My point from the beginning is that the tax structure in the states negates this argument that the bottom pay nothing in taxes, they pay plenty every time they buy food, fill their tank or anytime they have to get a license or permit and that's all 50 states. The working poor fund the states, they pay into SS and medicare, and they are strapped for cash already and you want to increase their burden? How about a substantial raise in the minimum wage to compensate? Didn't think so.

Nobody said the bottom pays nothing in taxes.. the minute you buy a DVD or a coke or a gallon of gas you are paying taxes.. but SO IS EVERYONE ELSE... but it is FACT that close to 1/2 of the US populace pays ZERO in federal income tax.... which is WRONG in a society that is supposed to be set up on the table of freedom and equality in treatment (notice I did not say equality in end result or outcome)... you are not to be exempted in some play in a subjectivity based power game for politicians... you want equality, deal with it in all its form and with all the positives and negatives that come with it... not only dealing with it when it benefits you and your cause, and then calling for it to be thrown out for others when it benefits you and your cause

You want to open up the minimum wage can of worms?? Start a thread.. and you best be prepared to the negatives that also come with raising the salary floor, when business and economy must still derive a profit to survive.. and they must survive and succeed to keep employing people at whatever minimum wage you set forth...

Whether you are strapped for cash or rolling in dough or somewhere in between is none of anyone else's business.. your INDIVIDUAL situation, responsibilities, etc are YOUR ISSUE... not the responsibility or concern of the government or the rest of the citizenry.... maybe with a stake in the game, you won't have people so readily willing to increase government spending at will, increase debt, and force taxation to levels to facilitate trillions upon trillions of dollars of pander payments to people, businesses, countries, etc

Nobody said the bottom pays nothing in taxes.. the minute you buy a DVD or a coke or a gallon of gas you are paying taxes.. but SO IS EVERYONE ELSE... but it is FACT that close to 1/2 of the US populace pays ZERO in federal income tax.... which is WRONG in a society that is supposed to be set up on the table of freedom and equality in treatment (notice I did not say equality in end result or outcome)... you are not to be exempted in some play in a subjectivity based power game for politicians... you want equality, deal with it in all its form and with all the positives and negatives that come with it... not only dealing with it when it benefits you and your cause, and then calling for it to be thrown out for others when it benefits you and your cause

You want to open up the minimum wage can of worms?? Start a thread.. and you best be prepared to the negatives that also come with raising the salary floor, when business and economy must still derive a profit to survive.. and they must survive and succeed to keep employing people at whatever minimum wage you set forth...

Whether you are strapped for cash or rolling in dough or somewhere in between is none of anyone else's business.. your INDIVIDUAL situation, responsibilities, etc are YOUR ISSUE... not the responsibility or concern of the government or the rest of the citizenry.... maybe with a stake in the game, you won't have people so readily willing to increase government spending at will, increase debt, and force taxation to levels to facilitate trillions upon trillions of dollars of pander payments to people, businesses, countries, etc

A cold ideological answer to real world problems, not totally unexpected. You realize that you just advocated writing off the working poor while continuing to protect the interests of their employers? Where's your equal protection now?

A cold ideological answer to real world problems, not totally unexpected. You realize that you just advocated writing off the working poor while continuing to protect the interests of their employers? Where's your equal protection now?

And your kumbaya touchy feely emotion driven bullshit that leads to subjectivity and corruption of power

The only interest I am up to protecting is the freedom for you to take care of yourself, make your own choices, make your own successes or failures, etc... you have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail.. as justice should be blind in government, so should taxation

What I advocate is freedom and equality in treatment... and everything that goes with it... unlike you and your type who wants to inject feelings and outcomes in sob stories and similar bullshit... all the while you are getting shit upon by pandering within government while politicians play to all the various emotional groups for the sake of nothing more than votes and power... you're in the middle of a game you don't even realize you are playing in, nor do you realize the fact that it is you who is the playpiece... giving up your freedom because you think your little pawn is going to punish the queen for using the power within her... and neither piece seems to realize they are being played by the game master... you're set against each other and all you want to see is hatred of the other for what they have, what they do, and what side they are on... instead of embracing freedom and equality as a person/citizen in this country, you're content to be a pawn in a game

Wouldn't a flat tax put a higher burden on the poor?

Ummm... we have wrongly excluded people from equal taxation because of political pandering...

any burden over a ZERO burden on ~49% of the adult populace would be "higher"....

I am not for this liberal subjective construct of "fairness" being put in to the system... I am for strict equal treatment by government under law, PERIOD... with all the positives and negatives that go with it... it is the subjective bullshit that has led us to the insane place we are with huge government and huge government interference today

It equals out as they pay practically the entire revenue for the states, A flat federal tax without a corresponding flattening of state taxes equals regressive taxation.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG....

You do realize he said no such thing, don't you?

And your kumbaya touchy feely emotion driven bullshit that leads to subjectivity and corruption of power

The only interest I am up to protecting is the freedom for you to take care of yourself, make your own choices, make your own successes or failures, etc... you have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail.. as justice should be blind in government, so should taxation

What I advocate is freedom and equality in treatment... and everything that goes with it... unlike you and your type who wants to inject feelings and outcomes in sob stories and similar bullshit... all the while you are getting shit upon by pandering within government while politicians play to all the various emotional groups for the sake of nothing more than votes and power... you're in the middle of a game you don't even realize you are playing in, nor do you realize the fact that it is you who is the playpiece... giving up your freedom because you think your little pawn is going to punish the queen for using the power within her... and neither piece seems to realize they are being played by the game master... you're set against each other and all you want to see is hatred of the other for what they have, what they do, and what side they are on... instead of embracing freedom and equality as a person/citizen in this country, you're content to be a pawn in a game

You despise my empathy for working people, I despise your cold ideological approach to governance. I can't make you grow a heart and you can't make me shut off my concern. Not going to waste any more of our time on this, later.

Last edited:

You despise my empathy for working people, I despise your cold ideological approach to governance. I can't make you grow a heart and you can't make me shut off my concern. Not going to waste any more of our time on this, later.

No.. I do not despise empathy at all.. I feel each person should, ON THEIR OWN AND WITHIN THEIR OWN FREE WILL, help those who have fallen on hard times, pay people a wage that makes them happy and keeps them wanting to work for you... I am NOT for forcing someone to have empathy though, nor forcing them to pay for the wants/needs/responsibilities/situations of others... WHETHER I AGREE WITH THEM OR NOT... I believe in equality in treatment by government under law, and all the positives and negatives that come with it

it will never be law

No, it will not be law. However it does define the 2012 election. It provides a glimpse to the future should the Republicans win the presidency and both houses of congress.

Yep. And what we'll see is MASSIVE tax cuts for the wealthy and MASSIVE tax increases and benefit cuts to the poor and middle class.

Which is, simply put, to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Gee. And they accuse US of class warfare? :lol:

Forum List

Back