Republican 2013 Budget

barry1960

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2009
What are opinions on the 2013 budget passed by the House of Representatives along party lines? The budget cuts taxes on the rich, overhauls medicare and cuts Federal spending. The budget defines a sharp contrast with President Obama who advocates higher taxes on the wealthy and corporations.

Is this a good idea for the country? Will it give the appearance (or perhaps fact) that the Republican party is the party of the wealthy? How will this play out in the 2012 elections? With the anticipated gutting of Obamacare, is the Republican party over reaching? A similar budget proposal last year lowered approval ratings of Republicans in congress.

My opinion is #1, that it got 200 more votes than obama's budget, and #2 Harry Reid won't allow it to come to a vote; ergo it must be good.

Democrats haven't passed a budget in three years, ran up deficits that are so huge they have to be expressed in scientific notation and got our first ever credit downgrade.

Hell.. pass one that for now keeps taxes right where they are (until we can pass a tax plan that brings forth a true flat tax) and cuts federal spending by at least 1.5T.... stop pussyfooting around... and if the President or the Senate vetoes it.... hold their feet to the fire and hold them completely accountable

Hell.. pass one that for now keeps taxes right where they are (until we can pass a tax plan that brings forth a true flat tax) and cuts federal spending by at least 1.5T.... stop pussyfooting around... and if the President or the Senate vetoes it.... hold their feet to the fire and hold them completely accountable

Wouldn't a flat tax put a higher burden on the poor?

Yes it would, they already carry the regressive bulk of state taxes. Republicans only goal is to shift the federal tax burden sharply downward, everything else including deficit reduction is only in effect until they get control of the checkbook again.

Yeah. They would actually have to pay Fed taxes.

Right now 49% of the population pays no Fed taxes at all.

Ummm... we have wrongly excluded people from equal taxation because of political pandering...

any burden over a ZERO burden on ~49% of the adult populace would be "higher"....

I am not for this liberal subjective construct of "fairness" being put in to the system... I am for strict equal treatment by government under law, PERIOD... with all the positives and negatives that go with it... it is the subjective bullshit that has led us to the insane place we are with huge government and huge government interference today

Ummm... we have wrongly excluded people from equal taxation because of political pandering...

any burden over a ZERO burden on ~49% of the adult populace would be "higher"....

I am not for this liberal subjective construct of "fairness" being put in to the system... I am for strict equal treatment by government under law, PERIOD... with all the positives and negatives that go with it... it is the subjective bullshit that has led us to the insane place we are with huge government and huge government interference today

It equals out as they pay practically the entire revenue for the states, A flat federal tax without a corresponding flattening of state taxes equals regressive taxation.

It equals out as they pay practically the entire revenue for the states, A flat federal tax without a corresponding flattening of state taxes equals regressive taxation.

Ehhh.. wrong answer... the fed does not mandate the taxation of the individual states.... you don't like you tax system in your state, you have 49 others to choose from and still remain a US citizen.... you can also fight for your state to go to a flat tax system....

But please show one state that charges lower income earners a higher rate than upper income earners

so you would take food from the mouths of children instead of more from the wealthy.

seems we should allow them both food dont you think?

so you would take food from the mouths of children instead of more from the wealthy.

seems we should allow them both food dont you think?

See... subjective unequal treatment when it benefits them, panders to a cause or whatever...

Bitch twatsicle wants someone else to be responsible for the burdens and responsibilities of others... but will scream for equality in treatment when that also benefits her or her cause....

What I find hilarious that Ryan is being treated like some kind of visionary for a plan that could NEVER become law.

Shit...I could make up stuff which DEMS would love but would never become law either.
That doesn't make me a visionary. It makes me inflexible.

Ehhh.. wrong answer... the fed does not mandate the taxation of the individual states.... you don't like you tax system in your state, you have 49 others to choose from and still remain a US citizen.... you can also fight for your state to go to a flat tax system....

But please show one state that charges lower income earners a higher rate than upper income earners

Practically all of them place the burden on the bottom.

http://www.itepnet.org/whopays3.pdf

Last edited:
A study based on SUBJECTIVE FAIRNESS...... nice try... not what I asked...

Please show one single state that charges lower income earners a higher % of their income in taxation than what higher income earners are charged.... I'll be waiting

Maybe they will be closer to paying their "fair share".

A study based on SUBJECTIVE FAIRNESS...... nice try... not what I asked...

Please show one single state that charges lower income earners a higher % of their income in taxation than what higher income earners are charged.... I'll be waiting

The link clearly shows that it is almost all of them, didn't read it did you?

Forum List

Back