Reports: Iran Fires Missiles In 'War Games'

The threat isn't for the U.S, it's for Israel. Even if Iran had the capabilities to launch a missile at the U.S. (which they don't), they would be wiped off the face of the earth from the word go.

Israel on the other hand is well within Iran's limits I'm sure. The only question is, would Iran be willing to risk what would be an Allied Assault and the spark for WWIII. Never mind the fact that Israel supposedly has at least a 100 nuclear weapons themselves which I'm sure they wouldn't be afraid to use if things hit the fan bad enough.

The threat isn't for the U.S, it's for Israel. Even if Iran had the capabilities to launch a missile at the U.S. (which they don't), they would be wiped off the face of the earth from the word go.

Israel on the other hand is well within Iran's limits I'm sure. The only question is, would Iran be willing to risk what would be an Allied Assault and the spark for WWIII. Never mind the fact that Israel supposedly has at least a 100 nuclear weapons themselves which I'm sure they wouldn't be afraid to use if things hit the fan bad enough.
you know we have bases within reach, right?

Of course we do. However, I doubt that the Iranian President no matter how insane he is, is going to risk his entire country and life on getting merely a U.S. base. He'd either want to hit Israel or the U.S. directly.

That's the thing with warfare now a days between countries such as these is that there would be no long-term invasion. Iran would get the Japan treatment and the other countries in the Middle East would have to sit there and allow it unless they want to face the same treatment.

It would not spark World War 3 -- who is going to come to Iran's rescue?? Chavez?? Castro??? HA!

Not gonna happen -- he's mad, but he's not insane. If Iran launched an attack on a US base... it would be over. You'd have hundreds of US fighters and bombers screaming over Tehran within a matter of hours. Forget about Israel doing anything... the US would obliterate all of Tehran.

It would not spark World War 3 -- who is going to come to Iran's rescue?? Chavez?? Castro??? HA!

I'm sure similar attitudes were expressed when Austria–Hungary and Serbia went to war back in 1914.

WWIII may not start exactly after but that event would be where historians would point to where the layout for it started.

not sure what type of missiles these are, but Iran is clearly testing its limits

This post is naive, not a threat to the US, Iran's leaders say they will destroy us and you dont believe them.

If Iran had a missile, how do you know they dont, what proof, just found out they had a secrect Nuke plant, no more secrets.

And who says the nuke has to be delivered by missile, Ahkmajeemajed could simply carry the device to the UN in New York in a diplomatic pouch, ever here of a suicide bomber.

What was it that England said before WW II, look it up.

History does not repeat itself, human nature repeats itself.

This post is naive, not a threat to the US, Iran's leaders say they will destroy us and you dont believe them.

If Iran had a missile, how do you know they dont, what proof, just found out they had a secrect Nuke plant, no more secrets.

And who says the nuke has to be delivered by missile, Ahkmajeemajed could simply carry the device to the UN in New York in a diplomatic pouch, ever here of a suicide bomber.

What was it that England said before WW II, look it up.

History does not repeat itself, human nature repeats itself.

Nothing about my post is naive. I never said Iran's leaders didn't want us dead. I just said realistically they pose no threat because they don't.

Iran doesn't have the capabilities to take on the U.S. and they know it. They would be wiped off the face of the earth in a matter of minutes if the U.S. decided it.

Also, if you seriously think that they are going to carry a nuke to the UN in a diplomatic pouch then you are smoking some serious crack. Not only that, but he's going to kill all of his allies in the process? Along with the leaders of every other country that will go after his ass?

Do you even bother to read your own posts?

Dogbert, yep everyone, all 18, did you go back and read all 12,000 of yours, if they contain as much information as your last one I am happy to know who you are. You based your idea on how you feel, not reality. Period. Okay your post is not naive, than what is it, its not based on reality, history, or human nature. Your post does not acknowledge the religion, it does not acknoledge what the leader of Iran believes in, do you even know what the difference between a Shia and a Sunni is?

Human nature does repeat itself and when someone says they will destroy you it is naive to think otherwise.

It would be in Russia's interest to respond to Saudi or Israeli aggression against Iran. Russia is giving nuclear technology to Iran, after all. As Russia and Saudi Arabia are the world's largest oil exporters, it would be to Russia's advantage for Iran to attack Saudi Arabia.

Would Obama risk defending the Saudis against a Russia-backed Iran? Given Obama's demonstrated lack of diplomatic backbone, I think Putin may take that gamble.

Of course we do. However, I doubt that the Iranian President no matter how insane he is, is going to risk his entire country and life on getting merely a U.S. base. He'd either want to hit Israel or the U.S. directly.

That's the thing with warfare now a days between countries such as these is that there would be no long-term invasion. Iran would get the Japan treatment and the other countries in the Middle East would have to sit there and allow it unless they want to face the same treatment.

As this is all logical to us, as what the end results would and why it would not be worth it, we cannot apply that same logic to fanatics like those who are in power in Iran. I'm sure the president has some power in Iran, clearly, but, the finale say and the real power of their weapons and when and how to use them is in the hands of the religious leaders and that is why it is so unstable.

In their minds it would be an honor to die launching such a strike against Israel.

Further, such an act is going to affect many people, not just the Israeli's and such a conflict could draw many into it.

This is Obama's first crisis, as he is hanging on to a double edge sword with Israel more than prepared and willing to protect it's self. I would like to see diplomacy win out here and Obama's talent is with words, but, he must be prepared to make the tough choices. If a strike must come to settle this, it is better that it be from us, rather than Israel, though I don't care to see us be forced that direction, it may be the last good option left at some point.

Let's hope not.

By the way, Iran still has a deep internal struggle going on. The young people of Iran are by and large not fanatical. They are bright, educated and for the most part wish to be part of a developing world and region.

How can "we" the world community tap into that and harvest that, while the religious fanatics control the country?

Iran has a bright future in it's young people, but, their own hardliners may waste that away before it is ever given a chance.

Forum List

Back