Reporting only the "bad" news

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Hypothetical:

On Monday, a terrorist blows himself up in a Maryland Wal Mart, killing 50 people.

On Wednesday, another terrorist drives a truck into a Church in Miami, killing 37 worshipers.

On Thursday, terrorists assassinate half of the Chicago City Council

And on Saturday, a suicide bombers sets himself off at the Baton Rouge, Mall of Louisiana, killing 23.

If all of that were to happen in a week - would anyone bitch about the fact that the media would seem to only be reporting the bad news? Would right wingers be covering the messages boards with messages like "The media isn't reporting the GOOD news! High school dropout rates are down and test scores are up! Why aren't they reporting that?"

I expect to start hearing the "good news" from Iraq when mass murder is no longer an everyday occurrence there.

Hypothetical:

On Monday, a terrorist blows himself up in a Maryland Wal Mart, killing 50 people.

On Wednesday, another terrorist drives a truck into a Church in Miami, killing 37 worshipers.

And on Saturday, a suicide bombers sets himself off at the Baton Rouge, Mall of Louisiana, killing 23.

If all of that were to happen in a week - would anyone bitch about the fact that the media would seem to only be reporting the bad news? Would right wingers be covering the messages boards with messages like "The media isn't reporting the GOOD news! High school dropout rates are down and test scores are up! Why aren't they reporting that?"

I expect to start hearing the "good news" from Iraq when mass murder is no longer an everyday occurrence there.

Here's some good news for you.

Can you even begin to imagine how bad the situation in Iraq is when sycophantic Strailyuns like the ex-US Ambassador are scurrying down the hawser of the USS Boodle??

Even the Pommies are pulling the pin on their operations in Eyewrack! :eusa_clap:

Speaking of rats, America must be globally as popular as the rats under the house if Establishment members of Murka's Mini Me are declaring "I knew Him not!" when accused of being followers of America's Drunken Messiah.

Can't you guys put a rumour round that Dimwit is a closet Cafflik and send it for a ride in a convertible through Dallas? :badgrin:

When the news that is suppressed is how many enemy combatents, how many bomb factories, how many terror cells , how many citizens have reported terror operatives to the government are all ignored during that week then YES I can and will complain.

When all the press does is tick off every american soldier killed and remind us every day of the number with NO effort at reporting enemy casulaties or real progress made, then YES I can complain. When the press tries to justify showing every coffin of every dead service member as required information, then yes I can complain.

The US media has no balls. They're supine and have done the administration's bidding. And yet they still get accused of being "liberal".

A Seppo sheila I know swears our Liberals are Librul. That how poles apart we are - still, thank fuck - politically. :cuckoo:

However, we used to be religiously poles apart too.

Now you only have to look the pretentiously happy-clappy, twin-set-and-pearls, pseudo Seppo Christians on "Hillsong" to see our cultural conquest is rapidly drawing to a close. :sad: :sad:

How long before Aussies are fucking their own kids and tangoing with Taipans? :shock:

Fuck me dead. To think I used to think the Methodists were weird!

Thank Satan we are gonna get rid of that filthy little Methodist faggot, social climbingly turned High CofE, next election.

One more term of him would have had us all talking like Texans. :mad:

Yep. As soon as the little prick has scuttled off into the distance we'll be able to get back to normal. I have no doubt that the little weasel will not be getting an invite to the ranch, his usefulness will be over. The little twat.

Iraq has been a clusterfuck, and of course the news is going to be overwhelmingly bad. Even Bush kool aid guzzlers in the last 10 months or so, have admitted that the situation is grim.

This is how journalism works. Its supposed to provide the facts and the truth, not some nebulous version of "balance". It would be dishonest to balance out 50% of negative stories, with 50% positive stories, because that's not the truth of whats happening on the ground.

Whenever we kill some major insurgent leader in iraq it gets reported. When we make alliances with sunni tribes it gets reported. The good news isn't getting ignored - its getting overwhelmed by the clusterfuck that is Bush's War in Iraq.

If anything, the media was lax in reporting how grim the situtation was one or two years ago. It was very grim, but we kept hearing Dick Cheney and his rightwing cheerleaders declaring that the insurgency was in its last throes.

If more americans had been made aware two years ago just how grim the situation really was, we could have faced reality and made adjustments earlier.

• Banned
When the news that is suppressed is how many enemy combatents, how many bomb factories, how many terror cells , how many citizens have reported terror operatives to the government are all ignored during that week then YES I can and will complain.

And what week was such news repressed?

When all the press does is tick off every american soldier killed and remind us every day of the number with NO effort at reporting enemy casulaties or real progress made, then YES I can complain. When the press tries to justify showing every coffin of every dead service member as required information, then yes I can complain.

When did the press ever attempt to display three thousand coffins? How is it possible to report enemy casualties when the You seem to live in some sort of fantasy land, where things are going just swell in Iraq, but the world's media is involved in a mass conspiracy to cover it up. I suggest you return to reality.

And BTW, official US military policy in Iraq is to not do enemy body counts, so I don't where the press could obtain such information.

Do you have any good news for us?

Also, the media does report Iraqi body counts. Yea, Iraqi civilian body counts.

Will it make us feel better if they reported terrorist body counts? Will it make us feel safer, or more patriotic? I think, every insurgent that dies has already killed 30 civilians....so why not report the truth? 3

Family's watch the news to find out if their son is still alive on a daily basis. They care about their brave soldier, not an insurgent. They want their loved one safe at home and could care less what happens to insurgents.

Great we got an insurgent today, but he managed to kill 3 soldiers and 40 civilians while injuring many more. How is, leaving that second part out....going to help the public understand whats going on?

Hypothetical:

If all of that were to happen in a week - would anyone bitch about the fact that the media would seem to only be reporting the bad news?

Beats me, I've given up long ago trying to figure out just what the media is all about, cause it sure ain't about reporting.

Would right wingers be covering the messages boards with messages like "The media isn't reporting the GOOD news! High school dropout rates are down and test scores are up! Why aren't they reporting that?"

I suppose there is a point in there somewhere.

It would seem obvious to the most casual observer, that you wouldn't know good news if it kicked you in the balls.:lol:

The US media has no balls. They're supine and have done the administration's bidding. And yet they still get accused of being "liberal".
So its Bush that wants all the bad news to come out and all the good news supressed....? Some how, theres no meat on that bone...:eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back