"Reporters" Expalin Why Good News From Iraq Is Not Reported

Of course it is a lost cause, when the response is to claim that identical reports from different sources are biased because you do not like one of the sources. To yammer on for post after post that video of the claim is some how biased, that exact and uneditted reports of what was said are some how biased provides all the proof one needs that the whines of bias are simply delusional refusals to admit the truth.

or this story...........

Al Qaeda In Haditha: The Battle The Media Ignored
By John Stephenson | October 7, 2007 - 22:50 ET
If this exclusive is completely accurate then it is a bombshell story that the media completely ignored or overlooked. It probably didn’t line up with their narrative for the war. According to the report, the Time reporter that broke this story played the fool to an al Qaeda operative and the actual attacks were done by militant operatives led by Al Qaeda. Others were quick to echo the propaganda , overlooking key facts and evidence as the MSM does so well, from the New York Times to Congressman John Murtha.

Nathaniel R. Helms has the story:

"Buried in the mountain of exhibits attached to the once secret Haditha, Iraq murder inquiry prepared by US Army Maj. Gen. Eldon A. Bargewell is an obscure Marine Corps intelligence summary (see pdf) that says the deadly encounter was an intentional propaganda ploy planned and paid for by Al Qaeda foreign fighters.
Veteran military defense attorney Gary Meyers said he never understood why the Naval Criminal Investigative Service special agents leading the Haditha criminal investigation didn’t “examine the linkage” between Al Qaeda, the local insurgency and the events at Haditha. Meyers was an attorney on the defense team that successfully defended Justin Sharratt, a Marine infantryman accused of multiple murders at Haditha.

The report – apparently overlooked by a Washington press corps awash in leaked Bargewell documents and secret Naval Criminal Investigative Service reports – shows that Marine Corps intelligence operatives were advised of the scheme to demonize the Marines by an informant named Muhannad Hassan Hamadi. The informant was snared by 3/1 Marines on December 11 2005 and decided to cooperate.

The attack was carried out by multiple cells of local Wahabi extremists and well-paid local gunmen from Al Asa’ib al-Iraq [the Clans of the People of Iraq] that were led by Al Qaeda foreign fighters, the summary claims. Their case was bolstered by Marine signal intercepts revealing that the al Qaeda fighters planned to videotape the attacks and exploit the resulting carnage for propaganda purposes.

Eleven insurgents involved in the attack are identified by name and affiliation in the details of the summary. All of them were killed or captured in the days immediately following the Haditha incident.

During the November Haditha battle, the insurgents secreted themselves among local civilians to guarantee pursuing Marines would catch innocent civilians in the ensuing crossfire. On January 6, 2006 six insurgents who tried to do the same thing at another location in Haditha were turned in to Coalition authorities before they could mount a similar assault, the report says.

and here is another link for those who dismiss newsbusters

http://warchronicle.com/TheyAreNotKillers/Exclusive/AlQaedaInHaditha-NatHelms.htm

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/john-stephenson/2007/10/07/al-qaeda-haditha-battle-media-ignored

Matt, saying Howie is a conservatives is like calling Chirs Matthews a moderate Dem

Did you read the post from Newsbusters and watch the video. The "reporters" were quoted word for word, not edits, no taking their words out of context

This was on CNN - are you now going to say CNN is part of the conservative media?

I didn’t say that Howie is a conservative. I said that he might lean a tiny bit to the right. I read the NewsBusters piece and I was the video commentary. All that I got out of it is that some people were disappointed that what appears to be some success in the Iraq war did not make front page news as some people had hoped or predicted. Whooptie freaking dooo.

The media today is so conservative it amazes that anyone buys that old canard. Corporate ownership and not ruffling feathers have combined to make most media wimps.

I didn’t say that Howie is a conservative. I said that he might lean a tiny bit to the right. I read the NewsBusters piece and I was the video commentary. All that I got out of it is that some people were disappointed that what appears to be some success in the Iraq war did not make front page news as some people had hoped or predicted. Whooptie freaking dooo.

The liberal media will give any bad news front page coverage - but the good news is buried

Typical

Conservative media will give any good news front page coverage - but the bad news is buried

Typical

is that Rush, Sean, O'Reliiy have beem pointing out how Pres Bush and the Republican have beeen screwing things up - and how the Republicans deserved to lose last November?

is that Rush, Sean, O'Reliiy have beem pointing out how Pres Bush and the Republican have beeen screwing things up - and how the Republicans deserved to lose last November?

That was a nice curve ball. We were talking about the good and bad circumstances in the Iraq war – not criticisms that liberals and conservatives make about Democrats and Republicans.

That was a nice curve ball. We were talking about the good and bad circumstances in the Iraq war – not criticisms that liberals and conservatives make about Democrats and Republicans.

All have taken on the Bush adminstration on the war as well.

Unlike others who attack Rush, and Sean - I listen to their shows

Of course it is a lost cause, when the response is to claim that identical reports from different sources are biased because you do not like one of the sources. To yammer on for post after post that video of the claim is some how biased, that exact and uneditted reports of what was said are some how biased provides all the proof one needs that the whines of bias are simply delusional refusals to admit the truth.

I guess it's a good thing you are not a scientist if you lack that much concern over the validity of evidence.

Again, why don't YOU tell me how quickly and deeply you'd consider the same shit coming from mediamatters or crooksandliars?

but, all of a sudden, it's different then, right?

I guess it's a good thing you are not a scientist if you lack that much concern over the validity of evidence.

Again, why don't YOU tell me how quickly and deeply you'd consider the same shit coming from mediamatters or crooksandliars?

but, all of a sudden, it's different then, right?

This probably makes sense to other idiots:D

...tell me how quickly and deeply you'd consider the same shit coming from mediamatters or crooksandliars?

Speaking for myself, and I realize that your post was for RSG, I would consider it, but more than anything it would cause me to research the topic and seek information from other source, preferably the original source. This is the same way I deal with Newsbusters.

This probably makes sense to other idiots:D

hehehe..

it doesn't bother, or surprise, me one bit that a post like that flew right over your head.

I bet following me around this board like a puppy will clear it up for you.

Say, is this where Im supposed to pull a roomy and cry about who should be banned for their posts? Tell me, how does that foot stomping tantrum go again?

Speaking for myself, and I realize that your was for RSG, I would consider it, but more than anything it would cause me to research the topic and seek information from other source, preferably the original source. This is the same way I deal with Newsbusters.

Im glad there is at least one person worth replying to this morning.

That was my whole point about his source. If he had it from the primary then why not USE the primary? It diminishes his argument to have to filter it through a right wing source. I wouldnt try to pass anything by him from what he'd consider a biased left wing source so I was curious why he would insist on doing the exact same thing from biased right wing sources if he also had a matching primary source.

Careful.. there are kids playing in the street this morning.

hehehe..

it doesn't bother, or surprise, me one bit that a post like that flew right over your head.

I bet following me around this board like a puppy will clear it up for you.

Say, is this where Im supposed to pull a roomy and cry about who should be banned for their posts? Tell me, how does that foot stomping tantrum go again?

As it happens, I post in the moment, ask anyone, tomorrow I may play devils advocate and champion liebers right to post his garbage.
The problem arose when you decided to take me to task and there you are without the wherewithall, pissing against the wind, all on your lonesome, crying for help.I may leave you alone now or I may not, it depends entirely upon you and how fucking stupid you wish to look.:cool:

As it happens, I post in the moment, ask anyone, tomorrow I may play devils advocate and champion liebers right to post his garbage.
The problem arose when you decided to take me to task and there you are without the wherewithall, pissing against the wind, all on your lonesome, crying for help.I may leave you alone now or I may not, it depends entirely upon you and how fucking stupid you wish to look.:cool:

oh WOW!

you are such an internet cavalier! The proverbial digital robin hood, lemme tellya! The Charlemagne of Cyber space!

Ever consider that getting your self esteem from some fabricated internet personality probably means that your real life is lacking? For real, don't rely on me to send you a pamphlet because I have no problem being wittier than you. Your not much of a threat, dude.

Besides, I can always just block you for a while and let you cry yourself to sleep... That is how we deal with negative attachment in babies, yes?

oh WOW!

you are such an internet cavalier! The proverbial digital robin hood, lemme tellya! The Charlemagne of Cyber space!

Ever consider that getting your self esteem from some fabricated internet personality probably means that your real life is lacking? For real, don't rely on me to send you a pamphlet because I have no problem being wittier than you. Your not much of a threat, dude.

Besides, I can always just block you for a while and let you cry yourself to sleep... That is how we deal with negative attachment in babies, yes?

Then I think you should block me Numpty because I am likely to ridicule you and point out your short comings at every opportunity, and for as long as it entertains me to do so.Given your track record for stupidity I could be very busy for a long time.:D

Then I think you should block me Numpty because I am likely to ridicule you and point out your short comings at every opportunity, and for as long as it entertains me to do so.Given your track record for stupidity I could be very busy for a long time.:D

Have fun with that.

I guess everyone needs a goal. If this keep you from hanging yourself then I guess I can live with the buzz of a gnat flying around. Even if the gnat won't admit to himself why he is so drawn to the bright light of my posts..

Have fun with that.

I guess everyone needs a goal. If this keep you from hanging yourself then I guess I can live with the buzz of a gnat flying around. Even if the gnat won't admit to himself why he is so drawn to the bright light of my posts..

Numpty:D

Forum List

Back