Report: U.S. rejected Israeli plea to attack Iran

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Report: U.S. rejected Israeli plea to attack Iran - CNN.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush rejected several Israeli requests last year for weapons and permission for a potential airstrike inside Iran, the author of an investigative report told CNN.

Israel approached the White House in early 2008 with three requests for an attack on Iran's main nuclear complex, said New York Times reporter David Sanger. His article appears in the newspaper on Sunday.

According to Sanger, Israel wanted specialized bunker-busting bombs, equipment to help refuel planes making flights into Iran and permission to fly over Iraq to reach the major nuclear complex at Natanz, the site of Iran's only known uranium enrichment plant.

The White House "deflected" the first two requests and denied the last, Sanger said.

Bush, instead, persuaded Israeli officials to not proceed with the attack by sharing with them some details of covert U.S. operations aimed at sabotaging Iran's nuclear ambitions, Sanger said.

Interesting...

Obama probably won't be able to reject Israel's plea to attack Iran since the majority of Jewish-Americans support Democratic candidates.

An Iranian attack isn't far away. It will happen in 2009. Iran just bought some pretty advanced anti-aircraft missiles from Russia that we begged Russia not to do.

Again, this is a proxy war and Iran is Russia's biggest proxy in the ME.

An Iranian attack isn't far away. It will happen in 2009. Iran just bought some pretty advanced anti-aircraft missiles from Russia that we begged Russia not to do.

You know, for a country that you says is governed not by the U.S, Israel sure seems to consult the U.S for permission on all major moves. :eusa_whistle:

The entire thing---what's the purpose of releasing information like this anyway? Propaganda !

Well, if the U.S gave permission, we would end up hurting not only our troops in Iraq but us in America because the U.S wanted to give into the whims of Israel.

Israel does tend to gauge US support.

But at least you admit the US doesn't give Israel free reign and that such allegations are pretty much up there with conspiracy theories.

:lol:

They can't give Israel free reign. Do you imagine the political backlash that the party in charge would receive? Especially if it ended up hurting the troops, that party might as well jump into a grave and bury itself.

All America is doing is trying to take it to the Soviets and use Israel to do that. Israel is more than happy to oblige.

So America is using Israel as it's bitch? :lol:

And how exactly is Israel taking it to the Soviets? (Last I checked which was now Russia for now).

Last edited:

It will be a World War, there will need to be a false flag attack on America to go totally nuclear on Iran, Iran will not attack us first, they never attack first, but it will appear that way

Doesn't this post belong in the conspiracy bin?

Forum List

Back