Report: Turkey refuses to host Hamas HQ

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Ankara will not allow Khaled Mashaal to relocate Hamas' Politburo to Turkey, the Turkish website Today's Zaman reported on Monday.

According to the report, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arınc said that Meshaal’s stay in Turkey was "out of question."

He also denied reports suggesting that Ankara had pledged $300 million in aid funds to Gaza Strip's rulers.

The Damascus-based Hamas Politburo has decided to relocate following the growing unrest in Syria. It has been looking for another Arab country to host its headquarters, but has so far failed to find one.

Mashaal had recently visited Turkey which, unlike its fellow NATO members, recognizes Hamas as a legal political party. The West considers Hamas a terror organization.

Still, Arınc insisted that the relocation was out of question.

Report: Turkey refuses to host Hamas HQ - Israel News, Ynetnews

Why not? they have been such good friends with them lately sending out all those gay tortillas and letting arm shipments get through from Iran.

Why not? they have been such good friends with them lately sending out all those gay tortillas and letting arm shipments get through from Iran.

because they buy most of their weapons from israel???

I thought Turkey was severing their relationship with Israel? they have been all chummy with the Iranians and Palestinians lately.

Turkey imagines itself to be a regional power, so it is seeking street creds with the Arabs but it does not want to be in conflict with the US, so it honors terrorist leaders while refusing to openly aid them, hoping to be seen as relevant while remaining ineffectual.

because they buy most of their weapons from israel???

I thought Turkey was severing their relationship with Israel? they have been all chummy with the Iranians and Palestinians lately.

Turkey imagines itself to be a regional power, so it is seeking street creds with the Arabs but it does not want to be in conflict with the US, so it honors terrorist leaders while refusing to openly aid them, hoping to be seen as relevant while remaining ineffectual.

Sounds to me like Turkey is walking a tight rope.

I doubt that anyone thinks that Israel helped Hamas to power , as Hamas motto is "We love death as much as the Zionists love life".

It is true. Israel did help Hamas come to power.

No they didn't.

Surveying the wreckage of a neighbor's bungalow hit by a Palestinian rocket, retired Israeli official Avner Cohen traces the missile's trajectory back to an "enormous, stupid mistake" made 30 years ago.

"Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation," says Mr. Cohen, a Tunisian-born Jew who worked in Gaza for more than two decades. Responsible for religious affairs in the region until 1994, Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.

Instead of trying to curb Gaza's Islamists from the outset, says Mr. Cohen, Israel for years tolerated and, in some cases, encouraged them as a counterweight to the secular nationalists of the Palestine Liberation Organization and its dominant faction, Yasser Arafat's Fatah. Israel cooperated with a crippled, half-blind cleric named Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, even as he was laying the foundations for what would become Hamas.

How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas - WSJ.com

No they didn't.

Surveying the wreckage of a neighbor's bungalow hit by a Palestinian rocket, retired Israeli official Avner Cohen traces the missile's trajectory back to an "enormous, stupid mistake" made 30 years ago.

"Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation," says Mr. Cohen, a Tunisian-born Jew who worked in Gaza for more than two decades. Responsible for religious affairs in the region until 1994, Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.

Instead of trying to curb Gaza's Islamists from the outset, says Mr. Cohen, Israel for years tolerated and, in some cases, encouraged them as a counterweight to the secular nationalists of the Palestine Liberation Organization and its dominant faction, Yasser Arafat's Fatah. Israel cooperated with a crippled, half-blind cleric named Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, even as he was laying the foundations for what would become Hamas.

Cohen, and you, are essentially espousing the policies of the Egyptian and Syrian dictators who persecuted and often killed peaceful Islamists for ideological reasons. This sort of thing may play well in Arab lands, but Israel is a liberal democracy in which all religions are treated with respect, and when people have freedom, too much freedom as you and Cohen see it, there is always the risk they will abuse it. Even in hindsight, it is difficult to argue that Israel should have betrayed its values by cracking down on peaceful Islamic organizations, as you and Cohen suggest, for fear that they might change and become violent.

However, you do point out an important fact that many, especially many Europeans, failed to understand, that Israel has never had a legitimate partner for peace among the Arabs living in the disputed territories. This is because whenever an Arab living in the disputed territories espouses real peace with Israel, one of the terrorists organizations executes him as a collaborator, actions you and Cohen suggest Israel should have taken against the still peaceful Islamists that eventually formed Hamas.

No they didn't.

From your own source :

Israeli officials who served in Gaza disagree on how much their own actions may have contributed to the rise of Hamas. They blame the group's recent ascent on outsiders, primarily Iran. This view is shared by the Israeli government. "Hamas in Gaza was built by Iran as a foundation for power, and is backed through funding, through training and through the provision of advanced weapons," Mr. Olmert said last Saturday. Hamas has denied receiving military assistance from Iran.

And BTW thank you for proving my point for me :
Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.

All your claims about how the Hamas is 'defending itself' are void, as it says in your source it's agenda is Israels destruction.

No they didn't.

From your own source :

Israeli officials who served in Gaza disagree on how much their own actions may have contributed to the rise of Hamas. They blame the group's recent ascent on outsiders, primarily Iran. This view is shared by the Israeli government. "Hamas in Gaza was built by Iran as a foundation for power, and is backed through funding, through training and through the provision of advanced weapons," Mr. Olmert said last Saturday. Hamas has denied receiving military assistance from Iran.

Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.

All your claims about how the Hamas is 'defending itself' are void, as it says in your source it's agenda is Israels destruction.

Hamas fights the occupation. It is their right to do that and it is the same as any other country in the world. How is that void?

From your own source :

Hamas fights the occupation. It is their right to do that and it is the same as any other country in the world. How is that void?

When you clearly state that your agenda is to Destroy something , you can't later say 'I was only defending myself from that something'
well you could state that , but then i would have every right to call you a B I G FAT liar.

No they didn't.

What should the Israelis have done, wiped them all off the map, like the Arabs want to do to the Israelis?

Actually I think they stopped a gun shipment from Iran. Turkey is playing a strange game. Trade ties have never been more profitable between the Turkey and Israel. Israel's exports to Turkey are up 40% and Turkey's to Israel are up 30%!

Turkey-Israel Booming Trade Obscured in Erdogan Political Rants - Businessweek

Yet whenever Arragantadon gets a chance he bash Israel relentlessly and its not just him other Turkish Politicians do the same. They cancel military test runs and buck Israel whenever they get the chance.

Diplomatically they have never been at a lower point, but trade and business-wise are at it's highest point ever. Go figure!

Actually I think they stopped a gun shipment from Iran. Turkey is playing a strange game. Trade ties have never been more profitable between the Turkey and Israel. Israel's exports to Turkey are up 40% and Turkey's to Israel are up 30%!

Turkey-Israel Booming Trade Obscured in Erdogan Political Rants - Businessweek

Yet whenever Arragantadon gets a chance he bash Israel relentlessly and its not just him other Turkish Politicians do the same. They cancel military test runs and buck Israel whenever they get the chance.

Diplomatically they have never been at a lower point, but trade and business-wise are at it's highest point ever. Go figure!

Hmm, Turkey and Israels relationship reminds me of Venezuela and the US, Chavez talks all that shit about us and how America is his enemy, but continues to sell oil to US and do business with American oil companies.

Forum List

Back