Report: Tuberville's mom says son didn't resign from Auburn

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Auburn even sucks at damage control.

AUBURN, Ala. -- Tommy Tuberville's mother told a newspaper her son was fired as Auburn's football coach, a claim that runs counter to public statements by the university that Tuberville left on his own.

The Opelika-Auburn News quoted Olive Tuberville as saying her son told her he was dismissed after 10 seasons at Auburn.

"He didn't resign," the paper quoted her as saying. "He was fired."

Reached for comment Monday by The Associated Press, Olive Tuberville wouldn't say whether the newspaper quoted her correctly. She did confirm talking with a reporter at Tuberville's house shortly after the coach's final meeting with Auburn officials last Wednesday.

"I'm sick of this mess. I'm not going discuss it anymore," she said.

ESPN - Report: Tommy Tuberville's mom says Auburn fired her son

Sounds like they put a gag order on mommy.

What does it matter if he was fired or he quit? Money? Repect? A contract at a Big 10 School? :rofl:

Sounds like they put a gag order on mommy.

What does it matter if he was fired or he quit? Money? Repect? A contract at a Big 10 School? :rofl:

He was popular. If he was fired, the Auburn admnistration could lose popular support among the boosters. That is the kind of thing that leads to firings from the Board of Trustees.

Giants lost, Jets lost and now the Bucs lost. Bucs lost badly... their defense didn't even show up to the game.

Yep, BAMA lost and the Packers lost to Houston. I feel your pain.

At least your college is going to a BCS Bowl Game, my college finished with 3 wins all season.....:(

At least the Colts will get a Wild Card Bid if they keep on track, their next game is against the LIONS! :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Forum List

Back