Report: Too Many Whites, Men Leadiaryng Milit

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
I don't understand the problem, the majority of the country is white so the Military will reflect that, they just need to leave it alone.

The military should focus on what is important. Having the best possible people in the most appropriate places, regardless of race, color or creed. Look what happens with the Army put political correctness over acting appropriately.... Ft Hood.

• Banned
I'm sure getting rid of the white men will have no effect on Americas militarys effectiveness.

Monday Mar 7, 2011
WASHINGTON — The U.S. military is too white and too male at the top and needs to change recruiting and promotion policies and lift its ban on women in combat, an independent report for Congress said Monday.

Seventy-seven percent of senior officers in the active-duty military are white, while only 8 percent are black, 5 percent are Hispanic and 16 percent are women.

Report: Too many whites, men leading military - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

typically the miltary tests for ability both in joining the services and for promotion to officer.

minorities are probably already over represented. the forces isnt really the right place to enforce AA quotas, is it?

Monday Mar 7, 2011
WASHINGTON — The U.S. military is too white and too male at the top and needs to change recruiting and promotion policies and lift its ban on women in combat, an independent report for Congress said Monday.

Seventy-seven percent of senior officers in the active-duty military are white, while only 8 percent are black, 5 percent are Hispanic and 16 percent are women.

Report: Too many whites, men leading military - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

Funny how a bunch of people who think that diversity matters more than success can come to a conclusion that reflects facts and ignores them at the same time. The only thing that matters in the military is winning the fight, not the diversity of the officer corps.

Hmm, I guess I'll never make it in now :( lol. Honestly, people that judge on race are not worth a cent, including people who judge ANY color.

I may not be a very smart man, but I know affirmative action in the military is going to fuck America up.

I may not be a very smart man, but I know affirmative action in the military is going to fuck America up.

And, if you read my posts, I'm not disagreeing with you. Some of us just happen to believe that the skin color of an individual is irrelevant. It is their experience, character and skill set that matters. You, unfortunately, are not mature enough to understand that. Don't blame others for your own failings. If you feel intimidated by black men, then improve yourself, don't hate them for being better people than you are.

I don't understand the problem, the majority of the country is white so the Military will reflect that, they just need to leave it alone.

but women make up a lot more than 16% of nation.

One should look at the demographics of the military not the nation.

Noooooo, one should look at who's qualified to lead, based on many factors.

True, but I am guessing parts of the military over look women all the time.

Since women are, currently, not allowed to serve in combat, that is going to impact on what posts they are eligible for. Perhaps not so much 'overlooked' as 'not available to'.

Since women are, currently, not allowed to serve in combat, that is going to impact on what posts they are eligible for. Perhaps not so much 'overlooked' as 'not available to'.
Women are gaining more combat roles. As this happens, we'll definitely see more in leadership and command roles.

You know what I would like to see?

An entire battalion of women infantry grunts........Send 'em over to the middle east, and let 'em lose on those radical muslim bastards.......Imagine what that would do to the morale of those radical, women oppressing assholes to have their asses kicked by a bunch of women?

And the thing is, it could happen......There's some seriously tough women in our military.

Women are gaining more combat roles. As this happens, we'll definitely see more in leadership and command roles.

You know what I would like to see?

An entire battalion of women infantry grunts........Send 'em over to the middle east, and let 'em lose on those radical muslim bastards.......Imagine what that would do to the morale of those radical, women oppressing assholes to have their asses kicked by a bunch of women?

And the thing is, it could happen......There's some seriously tough women in our military.

That would be a fine sight to see. A whole battalion of kick ass girls, beating the shit outta the ragheads. Works for me. :lol::lol:

Seriously, I defer to the military to run their organization in the best interest of the country. The military is not a democracy, nor should it be impacted by the whining political correctness of the country. It should do what is best to ensure it remains fit for purpose.

Forum List

Back