Report: Paterno to retire at end of season

:lol: You want to put words in my mouth...? There were actually several other people fired as well...

I asked you a question.

Those who were fired were not the Board of Trustees who were the ones responsible. They skate and let the peons suffer the wrath of the authorities. Bastards.

Immie

Joe worked with this guy for over 30 years. He knew about the abuse for at least a decade... He chose to look the other way and leave it to someone else.

Sandusky remained in the football program there, only in a different capacity...

Nowhere have I "let anyone skate" or said that Joe should be "THE fall guy."

I see your point on Joe, but I do believe that you are letting the board skate.

Immie

I asked you a question.

Those who were fired were not the Board of Trustees who were the ones responsible. They skate and let the peons suffer the wrath of the authorities. Bastards.

Immie

Joe worked with this guy for over 30 years. He knew about the abuse for at least a decade... He chose to look the other way and leave it to someone else.

Sandusky remained in the football program there, only in a different capacity...

Immie

:lol: Not that it's up to ME who skates, but nope...

Don't you wonder about "the board" though, too...? What they knew?

:eusa_whistle:

Immie

:lol: Not that it's up to ME who skates, but nope...

Don't you wonder about "the board" though, too...? What they knew?

:eusa_whistle:

My apologies. I missed that post or forgot it came from you, one or the other. I stand corrected.

Immie

It seems to me that Coach Paterno is the scapegoat here and the Board of Governors of PSU are doing nothing more than covering their asses and blaming Paterno for their own failures.

From what I read, Paterno reported this to the school. It was the school's responsibility to report this to the authorities and they didn't do it. The one thing that I can see that Coach Paterno did wrong was that when the Board of Governors failed to fulfill their responsibility Coach Paterno should have gone to the authorities.

Like I said, the bastards on top are using Coach Paterno as their fall guy... bastards... everyone of them. They should all resign immediately if not be indicted themselves!

Immie

The one thing that I can see that Coach Paterno did wrong was that when the Board of Governors failed to fulfill their responsibility Coach Paterno should have gone to the authorities.

Not a minor thing!

So you are okay with Coach Paterno being the fall guy while the people who were over him and had the duty to report this go on their merry little ways collecting the big bucks and laughing all the way to the f-ing bank?

Paterno was their employee. I think he had a moral responsibility when his bosses failed to do their jobs, but still it was their duty first and foremost. But you seem to be willing to allow them to skate on this. Why?

Immie

Paterno's not the only guy that got the sack....I'm stunned McCleary wasn't immediately canned as well. EVERYONE from the Board of Trustees to the local cops that new about this SOB Sandusky should be canned like tunas! Hell, the Judge that gave this sucker a free pass went "missing" and has recently been declared dead by his family!

It all stinks to high heaven!

The one thing that I can see that Coach Paterno did wrong was that when the Board of Governors failed to fulfill their responsibility Coach Paterno should have gone to the authorities.

Not a minor thing!

So you are okay with Coach Paterno being the fall guy while the people who were over him and had the duty to report this go on their merry little ways collecting the big bucks and laughing all the way to the f-ing bank?

Paterno was their employee. I think he had a moral responsibility when his bosses failed to do their jobs, but still it was their duty first and foremost. But you seem to be willing to allow them to skate on this. Why?

Immie

Paterno's not the only guy that got the sack....I'm stunned McCleary wasn't immediately canned as well. EVERYONE from the Board of Trustees to the local cops that new about this SOB Sandusky should be canned like tunas! Hell, the Judge that gave this sucker a free pass went "missing" and has recently been declared dead by his family!

At first I thought Paterno was simply the "fall guy". Later I learned that he knew about it for a very long time and did nothing about it.

I do feel that the bastards on the board should all be brought up on charges as well, but it seems to me like they will get away with their own negligence and Paterno will, in fact, be the fall guy for this.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why no one went to the authorities about this like hours after McClery saw it happen in the shower. I know in California and here in Florida educators and anyone with any kind of public authority over children or legally (not to mention morally) required to inform the authorities of any kind of abuse of a minor. I have to think that the same applies in Pa.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

At first I thought Paterno was simply the "fall guy". Later I learned that he knew about it for a very long time and did nothing about it.

I do feel that the bastards on the board should all be brought up on charges as well, but it seems to me like they will get away with their own negligence and Paterno will, in fact, be the fall guy for this.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why no one went to the authorities about this like hours after McClery saw it happen in the shower. I know in California and here in Florida educators and anyone with any kind of public authority over children or legally (not to mention morally) required to inform the authorities of any kind of abuse of a minor. I have to think that the same applies in Pa.

Immie

As Cyndi Lauper sang, "Money changes everything!" McClery could have personally cleaned Sandusky's clock and saved that boy, but his first "instinct" was to call Daddy? Hell, a 26 year old man calls Dad? Why? Because it's ingrained in him all that BS about the honor and integrity of football to Penn State...and his future job prospects. The McClery's, Paterno, the local cops, the University cops, the judge, the Academic Board....they all thought to protect the institution and their jobs/pensions....the kids were an after thought. Pathetic.

In 1986, the Pennsylvania Legislature enacted Pennsylvania’s “Whistleblower Law,” declaring it unlawful for any employer to “discharge, threaten or otherwise discriminate or retaliate” against an employee in compensation or in terms or conditions of employment because the employee has made, or is about to make, a good faith report to the employer or to an “appropriate authority” about an instance of “wrongdoing or waste.” The Act, codified at 43 P.S. § 1421, et seq., also renders it unlawful for an employer to discriminate or retaliate against an employee because he or she has been requested by an appropriate authority to participate in an investigation, hearing or inquiry regarding the employer’s alleged wrongdoing or waste.

The Pennsylvania Whistleblower Law

I'm guessing nothing will happen to Mike McQueary given the above. I'm sorry but, IMO, McQueary should be fired as well. He was, I believe, 28 when he witnessed this and at that age, should know enough to stop the act and report it to police; not Paterno. If Mike McQueary is permitted to stay on the staff at Penn State, I will have lost total faith in the school and the criminal justice system.

In 1986, the Pennsylvania Legislature enacted Pennsylvania’s “Whistleblower Law,” declaring it unlawful for any employer to “discharge, threaten or otherwise discriminate or retaliate” against an employee in compensation or in terms or conditions of employment because the employee has made, or is about to make, a good faith report to the employer or to an “appropriate authority” about an instance of “wrongdoing or waste.” The Act, codified at 43 P.S. § 1421, et seq., also renders it unlawful for an employer to discriminate or retaliate against an employee because he or she has been requested by an appropriate authority to participate in an investigation, hearing or inquiry regarding the employer’s alleged wrongdoing or waste.

The Pennsylvania Whistleblower Law

I'm guessing nothing will happen to Mike McQueary given the above. I'm sorry but, IMO, McQueary should be fired as well. He was, I believe, 28 when he witnessed this and at that age, should know enough to stop the act and report it to police; not Paterno. If Mike McQueary is permitted to stay on the staff at Penn State, I will have lost total faith in the school and the criminal justice system.

I'm thinking there must be a good reason he is being protected...

when my husband was listening to the penn state stuff ...he made the comment had he seen what mcquery saw....he would have taken a baseball bat to sandusky.....i thought this was just his first angry reaction but since have found this is the normal reaction of men...the reaction of shock, followed by angry but then followed by action.....there are just no shades of gray here

I've been thinking about him a lot. McQueary, the kid with such an unfortunate name. The 20 something year old man, not a boy but a man...An ex football player...Big strong man...WHY didn't he stop the act in the moment? I too have seen that same reaction from each of the men I've talked to about this...

Considering his age at the time, I wonder if HE could have once been one of Sandusky's victims...I wonder how afraid he must have been...I understand it was a time when the locker rooms were supposed to be closed and no one was supposed to be there. I wonder, was McQueary actually very very brave to even go in there to see...Did he want to confirm his suspicions so that he could start the chain in motion to stop this once and for all. He went to Joe Paterno and I bet he was scared to death to do so. He also ended up going to the Athletic Director, again probably scared to death...

Now he is getting death threats...Wow the power of intimidation like that.

The mother of victim number one who was interviewed on ABC said, when she asked her son why he didn't tell her sooner, he said..."I didn't know what to do, and you just can't say no to Joe..."

Forum List

Back