Report: More than half of immigrants on welfare

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to become Dimocrats and get American food stamps,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me with their eight kids,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door with welfare applications in hand!"

More than half of the nation's immigrants receive some kind of government welfare, a figure that's far higher than the native-born population, according to a report to be released Wednesday.

About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration.

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.

The findings are sure to fuel debate on the presidential campaign trail as Republican candidates focus on changing the nation's immigration laws, from calls for mass deportations to ending birthright citizenship.

Steven Camarota, director of research at center and author of the report, said that's a much-needed conversation to make the country's immigration system more "selective."

"This should not be understood as some kind of defect or moral failing on the part of immigrants," Camarota said about the findings. "Rather, what it represents is a system that allows a lot of less-educated immigrants to settle in the country, who then earn modest wages and are eligible for a very generous welfare system."

More than half of the nation's immigrants receive some kind of government welfare, a figure that's far higher than the native-born population, according to a report to be released Wednesday.

The articles says "Immigrants', not "Illegal Immigrants", who probably can't get welfare because they lack ID.

So essentially, you got it wrong in one.

The further dishonesty is counting things like school lunches as "welfare". Of course, they are more likely to be on the school lunch program, they are more likely to be poor.

• Banned

The articles says "Immigrants', not "Illegal Immigrants", who probably can't get welfare because they lack ID.

So essentially, you got it wrong in one.

The further dishonesty is counting things like school lunches as "welfare". Of course, they are more likely to be on the school lunch program, they are more likely to be poor.

Where did I say they were illegal ?

In my neighborhood it's about 20 percent hispanic but the local convenience store told me that 60 pct of her beer sales go to hispanics

About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration.

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.

The findings are sure to fuel debate on the presidential campaign trail as Republican candidates focus on changing the nation's immigration laws, from calls for mass deportations to ending birthright citizenship.

Steven Camarota, director of research at center and author of the report, said that's a much-needed conversation to make the country's immigration system more "selective."

"This should not be understood as some kind of defect or moral failing on the part of immigrants," Camarota said about the findings. "Rather, what it represents is a system that allows a lot of less-educated immigrants to settle in the country, who then earn modest wages and are eligible for a very generous welfare system."

Sounds like we should have fewer legal immigrants. Our economy isn't strong enough and we don't need more workers.

I love the fact they came up with 51%. Just another nativist xenophobic hate group, I'm surprised USA Today would post their nonsense. You think maybe they are Trump fans?

Center for Immigration Studies - SourceWatch

Its leader. John Tanton - SourceWatch

'Ties to Racist Ideas and White Supremacists'

"The Southern Poverty Law Center reports that Tanton has long been linked to racist ideas -- "fretting about the 'educability' of Latinos, warning of whites being out-bred by others, and publishing a number of white nationalist authors" -- and is also closely affiliated with a number of white supremacist organizations such as the Pioneer Fund."

I love the fact they came up with 51%. Just another nativist xenophobic hate group, I'm surprised USA Today would post their nonsense. You think maybe they are Trump fans?

"The Southern Poverty Law Center reports that Tanton has long been linked to racist ideas -- "fretting about the 'educability' of Latinos, warning of whites being out-bred by others, and publishing a number of white nationalist authors" -- and is also closely affiliated with a number of white supremacist organizations such as the Pioneer Fund."
The study used the Census Bureau's Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP).
Are you now claiming the Census Bureau is a 'hate group'?
Wake up pal.
Facts are always facts no matter who reports them.

Sounds like we should have fewer legal immigrants. Our economy isn't strong enough and we don't need more workers.

The liberal Democrat Party is busy about importing a continuous and steady supply of voters on the taxpayers' tit.

First the c-nts scream: "racist!" Then when that fails, its: "you made that up!" Then its: "but what about X" or some other deflection. When they finally have thrown in the towel, its: "you are going to regret thinking that way!"

The gig is up for the illegals, AND the over-supply of legals. Time to fix this country, and the legitimate people already here.

Incorrect.

Thing is, it's not racist or paranoid if all the negatives illegal aliens bring turn out to be true, it's like global warming, both are inconvenient facts . White supremacists? give me a break, this poster obviously lives in a bubble and has a rich white guilt complex. Gimme a break with that propaganda. .

Thing is, it's not racist or paranoid if all the negatives illegal aliens bring turn out to be true, it's like global warming, both are inconvenient facts . White supremacists? give me a break, this poster obviously lives in a bubble and has a rich white guilt complex. Gimme a break with that propaganda. .

Like global warming, BS some have a vested interest in insisting people believe.

:finger3:

Forum List

Back