Report: More elderly Japanese turn to petty crime

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
From Kyung Lah
CNN

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- Beset by economic worries and loneliness, elderly Japanese are turning to petty crime in increasing numbers, the nation's Justice Ministry reports.

In 2007, 48,605 persons age 65 and older were arrested in crimes other than traffic violations, more than double the number five years earlier, according to a ministry report.

Report: More elderly Japanese turn to petty crime - CNN.com

I saw that report on tv here, it was extremely sad. But at least the elderly people shoplifting for food weren't handed over by the security people to the cops and then being ground up through the criminal justice system. The rapacious bastards in retail here would have no compunction about that.

But it was a pointer to the real economy in Japan and pretty damn scary for us, Japan is still our number one trading partner.

the elderly rebels have to show the youth how its done...he he

"The main reasons they shoplift are poverty and loneliness," said Kazuo Kawakami, a former federal prosecutor. "The traditional Japanese family is gone, and now our elderly live alone."

I've felt lonely before, but I never had the desire to shoplift. Maybe it helps. :)

Forum List

Back