REPORT: Michelle's Spanish Vacation Cost Taxpayers $467,585...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I guess this is why she loves her Country now. Must be nice.

article-1300240-0AB03650000005DC-981_468x588.jpg

It cost taxpayers nearly a half-million dollars for first lady Michelle Obama to travel to Spain in 2010, according to an analysis by Judicial Watch.

The right-leaning watchdog group estimated that the trip cost $467,585. It based its analysis on documents obtained from the U.S. Secret Service and the U.S. Air Force.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said it took his group “two years and a lawsuit to get these documents out of the Obama administration.”

“It is hypocritical for President Obama to fire GSA officials for wasteful conference spending, while his family went on a luxury vacation in the Costa del Sol Spain that cost taxpayers nearly half a million dollars,” Fitton said.

Among the various travel costs, the group estimated — using the Defense Department’s 2010 published hourly rates — that it cost the government $199,323 to fly to Spain and back to the United States.

The New York Times reported that those on the trip included the first lady, one of her daughters and “two friends and four of their daughters, as well as a couple of aides and a couple of advance staff members.”

Fitton’s group has previously disclosed the cost of sending the first family on overseas trips. Its analysis indicated that it cost $424,142 to fly the first family to South Africa and Botswana in 2011.

White House press secretary Jay Carney declined to comment on the report during a press briefing Thursday.

Read more: Michelle Obama | Travel | Expenses | Spain | The Daily Caller

It cost taxpayers nearly a half-million dollars for first lady Michelle Obama to travel to Spain in 2010, according to an analysis by Judicial Watch.

The right-leaning watchdog group estimated that the trip cost $467,585. It based its analysis on documents obtained from the U.S. Secret Service and the U.S. Air Force.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said it took his group “two years and a lawsuit to get these documents out of the Obama administration.”

“It is hypocritical for President Obama to fire GSA officials for wasteful conference spending, while his family went on a luxury vacation in the Costa del Sol Spain that cost taxpayers nearly half a million dollars,” Fitton said.

Among the various travel costs, the group estimated — using the Defense Department’s 2010 published hourly rates — that it cost the government $199,323 to fly to Spain and back to the United States.

The New York Times reported that those on the trip included the first lady, one of her daughters and “two friends and four of their daughters, as well as a couple of aides and a couple of advance staff members.”

Fitton’s group has previously disclosed the cost of sending the first family on overseas trips. Its analysis indicated that it cost $424,142 to fly the first family to South Africa and Botswana in 2011.

White House press secretary Jay Carney declined to comment on the report during a press briefing Thursday.

How many vacations does this make now?

Well, if The Daily Caller (Tucker Carlson) said it - it must be true. It's nice to have a President and First Lady who can travel abroad without fear of being arrested for war crimes and frogmarched to The Hague.

Why G.W. Bush should be frogmarched before the Hague | Crooks and Liars

Tucker Carlson is not Dan Rather.

It would be nice to have a President and First Lady to not shove their elitist, jetset, fossil-fuel burning lifestyle in the face of working Americans trying to dodge high unemployment and rising gas prices in their 40+ mile one way commutes to work.

Well, if The Daily Caller (Tucker Carlson) said it - it must be true. It's nice to have a President and First Lady who can travel abroad without fear of being arrested for war crimes and frogmarched to The Hague.

It would be nice to have a President and First Lady to not shove their elitist, jetset, fossil-fuel burning lifestyle in the face of working Americans trying to dodge high unemployment and rising gas prices in their 40+ mile one way commutes to work.

It's good to be the King...And Queen.

It's good to be the King...And Queen.

KingObamaQueenMichelleAntoinette.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

I got your point....

....but this story works to the benefit of the oaf-in-office.....

It changes the subject from his abject failures.

Calculate how much this cost you, personally, and I'll paypal you the amount.

"...travel abroad without fear of being arrested for war crimes and frogmarched to The Hague."

You have exposed a globalist perspective, which imagines that the United States of America has to fear the pronouncements of the the international Leftist community.

Study the concept of sovereignty.

There is no nation without it.

I got your point....

True...but it also shows how out of touch they both are as millions of Americans go into poverty while still others struggle to keep thier jobs as these two are jetting around living lavish lifestyle while condemning the same.

You could call thier travels "Hypocrite Tour 2012 ". :doubt:

I don't care. She's entitled to travel, she's the First Lady... It is beyond me why some people have to make a 'Biden' out of every damned thing. Seriously, conservatives... try to be better than the moronic left.

Calculate how much this cost you, personally, and I'll paypal you the amount.

Who ya' kiddin'....you'll get it from Sandra Fluke, and she'll demand it from the government.

That's not very much for the Secret Service to protect the family of the president. Good job!

You have to admit, it's hilarious the right wing complaining when their policies have devastated the middle class. They love the "diversion".

Nothing like a bunch of whites attacking a black family.

Last edited by a moderator:

I got your point....

True...but it also shows how out of touch they both are as millions of Americans go into poverty while still others struggle to keep thier jobs as these two are jetting around living lavish lifestyle while condemning the same.

I want to see his real failures hyped!

...if there is enough time and space for all of 'em....

I got your point....

I want to see his real failures hyped!

...if there is enough time and space for all of 'em....

I don't disagree at all.

The President has the most dangerous job in America, and is serving his country in that job.
The least you could do would be to shut up about what little enjoyment his family gets out of the deal.

The President has the most dangerous job in America, and is serving his country in that job.
The least you could do would be to shut up about what little enjoyment his family gets out of the deal.

The President has the most dangerous job in America, and is serving his country inadequately in that job.

"The least you could do would be to shut up..."

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."
— Hillary Rodham Clinton

Last edited:

The President has the most dangerous job in America, and is serving his country inadequately in that job.

"The least you could do would be to shut up..."

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."
— Hillary Rodham Clinton

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzteDucRHo]Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube[/ame]

I frankly like it when they go to this extreme. It reminds me how little ground they gain everywhere else. The board is one thing; I saw where Congressional leaders are complaining about his travels also. GAME ON!

Forum List

Back