Report: Level of poverty growing

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

No it's not. It's realistic.

And I admire your idealism, I had it too when I was your age.

I am 52...ad I am not giving up. And I am very realistic in my tinking.

Good for you. Fight the good fight. But we can't even get our property taxes here on Long Island down to a reasonable level and you want to take on the powers that be in Washington? Talk about tilting at windmills.

Good luck with that.

And that still does not put their responsibility onto the shoulders of others

Of course it does. The government is suppose to provide for the welfare of the people. Shipping our jobs overseas and bringing in immigrants to compete with unskilled labor is not in the interests of the welfare of our people.

Spoke to one homeless man yesterday. He ran a business here for more than 30 years. He ended up short selling his house just to get out from under it. Seems that his work went overseas. He's left with nothing but his tools. Of course I'm sure you believe that it's HIS fault that his business went under because our jobs were sent overseas. Now he's stuck wondering if he should sell his tools, or keep them in the hopes that the economy will get better and he will be able to find a job down the road.

No sheila.. it does not.. and that is the err in your belief

I believe in sharing what I've got, you believe in hording what you've got, and you think I have an err in my belief?

Of course it does. The government is suppose to provide for the welfare of the people. Shipping our jobs overseas and bringing in immigrants to compete with unskilled labor is not in the interests of the welfare of our people.

Spoke to one homeless man yesterday. He ran a business here for more than 30 years. He ended up short selling his house just to get out from under it. Seems that his work went overseas. He's left with nothing but his tools. Of course I'm sure you believe that it's HIS fault that his business went under because our jobs were sent overseas. Now he's stuck wondering if he should sell his tools, or keep them in the hopes that the economy will get better and he will be able to find a job down the road.

No sheila.. it does not.. and that is the err in your belief

I believe in sharing what I've got, you believe in hording what you've got, and you think I have an err in my belief?

And your belief in VOLUNTARILY sharing of yourself is commendable... but the belief that someone else is OWED it at the expense of someone else thru entitlement or redistribution with no contribution, is the error....

I too believe in charity.. .as stated SO many times... I do not believe in involuntary contribution for support of the personal responsibilities of others

You nor the government has the right to be generous with the monies of others

And by the way...the 401(K) thingy....the employer match thing.....so the proimise of FREE MONEY from your employer was the impetus to invest?

Interesting....you sir....are one greedy mother fucker. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Nothing is "Free Money" from your employer, ever. Whether its 401(k), health insurance, pension, or some other fringe benefit; It's all in lieu of additional wages.

There is no free lunch.

Forum List

Back