Report: Level of poverty growing

Your myths will not be tolerated here

What myth? It's right there for you to see. Sorry you can't handle the truth. Wealth has been redistributed from the poorest in this country to the richest. There is PROOF right in front of you. Are you this dense or can you just not deal with reality?

Payment for a legitimate service of the government (I.E. military and national defense) is not redistributing from the poor to the rich

Again... your myths will not be tolerated....

~50% of the adult populace pay no income tax
The 'rich' are taxed at a higher rate than other
The 'poor' receive government entitlements from the tax income at the expense of those who pay taxes

Simple logic

And again...
Show the government program that takes money from the 'poor' and gives to the 'rich' thru any entitlement

None of those took from the poor to give to the rich... which was your assertion

Oh really? Our wages are going down but the uber wealthy got even richer. Hmmm, now where is that money coming from... I know! Must be coming from other rich people. Idiot.

"Here are some dramatic facts that sum up how the wealth distribution became even more concentrated between 1983 and 2004, in good part due to the tax cuts for the wealthy and the defeat of labor unions: Of all the new financial wealth created by the American economy in that 21-year-period, fully 42% of it went to the top 1%. A whopping 94% went to the top 20%, which of course means that the bottom 80% received only 6% of all the new financial wealth generated in the United States during the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s (Wolff, 2007)."

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

No. Thier extra wealth is coming from taking chances.

Yeah TARP really whooped it on their asses didn't it?

What myth? It's right there for you to see. Sorry you can't handle the truth. Wealth has been redistributed from the poorest in this country to the richest. There is PROOF right in front of you. Are you this dense or can you just not deal with reality?

The only way the rich can take from the poor is if the poor allow them to take it.
When are you going to see the lack of logic of your argument?

Exactly what can the rich do to take from the poor?

Oh really? Our wages are going down but the uber wealthy got even richer. Hmmm, now where is that money coming from... I know! Must be coming from other rich people. Idiot.

"Here are some dramatic facts that sum up how the wealth distribution became even more concentrated between 1983 and 2004, in good part due to the tax cuts for the wealthy and the defeat of labor unions: Of all the new financial wealth created by the American economy in that 21-year-period, fully 42% of it went to the top 1%. A whopping 94% went to the top 20%, which of course means that the bottom 80% received only 6% of all the new financial wealth generated in the United States during the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s (Wolff, 2007)."

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

No. Thier extra wealth is coming from taking chances.

Yeah TARP really whooped it on their asses didn't it?

Tarp was a mistake in my eyes. You take chances and lose, you fail. That simple.

There has been no law that has changed anything to your , invent, advance, or anything else to prevent you or any of the 'poor' from earning as much as they can through their own risks, decisions, efforts, investments, or anything else

No, private industry is taking care of keeping people down. We don't need laws to do that.

freedom to work - no jobs
invent - what is the percentage of people who make money off of an invention?
advance - no job security. How are you supposed to advance if they won't keep you around long enough when you become too "expensive"?

Yeah, maybe you should volunteer to teach the poor about their "investments". Mother of god, I really think you cons have some sort of mental illness that prevents you from seeing what is REAL and what is your righty fantasy.

The only way the rich can take from the poor is if the poor allow them to take it.

Pretty much whatever they want to do.
Have the govt condemn their land so a private sports venture can be constructed?

In a free market the business would have to pay whatever the private individual wanted for their property or take a hike.
Or hike if the landowner did not want to sell at any price.

Overcharging for food and energy is another method the rich funnel up money from the poor

Last edited:
There has been no law that has changed anything to your , invent, advance, or anything else to prevent you or any of the 'poor' from earning as much as they can through their own risks, decisions, efforts, investments, or anything else

No, private industry is taking care of keeping people down. We don't need laws to do that.

advance - no job security. How are you supposed to advance if they won't keep you around long enough when you become too "expensive"?

Yeah, maybe you should volunteer to teach the poor about their "investments". Mother of god, I really think you cons have some sort of mental illness that prevents you from seeing what is REAL and what is your righty fantasy.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh.. wrong answer... Government does not exist to tell private industry or private persons how much is too much for them to earn... you are FREE (you do understand the concept of freedom in a free society, right?) to succeed or fail all on your own

You have the freedom to find any job anywhere... you even have the freedom to start a business or service on your own... you are not limited

Invention... if you have the gumption, the mental fortitude, you have no limitations on what you can do

Advance... the government does not owe you job security... it is up to YOU to advance your skill set, your abilities, your value to employers, etc.... not someone else

Again
Show the government program that takes money from the 'poor' and gives to the 'rich' thru any entitlement ... as per your assertion

Payment for a legitimate service of the government (I.E. military and national defense) is not redistributing from the poor to the rich

I am considered "poor" by this study. MY tax dollars paid contractors in Iraq (a war which I have been fervently AGAINST since day 1, actually) for work that was not done, not completed or was overcharged for. Part of that money went to pay some CEO at Haliburton So yes, it is redistributing from the poor to the rich. The Iraq war is a government "action".

Contractor Fraud Unchecked In Iraq - CBS News

Have the govt condemn their land so a private sports venture can be constructed?

Your beef is with government, not with the wealthy.

I ask again....exactly what can the wealthy do to take money from the poor?

They lobby congressmen to enact legislation to their benefit by throwing money at them. They infiltrate regulatory bodies. There are many ways the rich take money from the poor.

Your beef is with government, not with the wealthy.

I ask again....exactly what can the wealthy do to take money from the poor?

You have not figured it out yet?
The wealthy ARE the govt.

I am considered "poor" by this study. MY tax dollars paid contractors in Iraq (a war which I have been fervently AGAINST since day 1, actually) for work that was not done, not completed or was overcharged for. Part of that money went to pay some CEO at Haliburton So yes, it is redistributing from the poor to the rich. The Iraq war is a government "action".

Contractor Fraud Unchecked In Iraq - CBS News

Again... since you appear to be mentally challenged

Fulfillment of a government duty such as national defense, the making of laws, etc is not redistributing money from the 'poor' to the 'rich'

Quit while you are behind

I did not realize that poor directly correlates with stupidity.
I was poor once an I did not need a tutor to show me how to invest.
I learned how to make the right decisions....how did I learn? From making mistakes and blaming no one but myself.

Personally, I think people like you are suffering from delusional thinking. There is absolutely no way the rich can simply take from the poor.

Only government can keep the poor in poverty. No one else has the legal ability to do it.

Fulfillment of a government duty such as national defense, the making of laws, etc is not redistributing money from the 'poor' to the 'rich'

Ah, so the Iraq war IS illegal. That was not "defense". And why are you continuing to say the government isn't redistributing weatlh? Their policies directly affect who gets more / keeps more. And all policies are skewed TOWARD the wealthy - flat out. You know it is true. Why are you denying it?

They lobby congressmen to enact legislation to their benefit by throwing money at them. They infiltrate regulatory bodies. There are many ways the rich take money from the poor.

Yet you support a party and a style of government that looks to increase government size and footprint

fail

Same as the other side according to empirical data.

The government does not exist, nor should it exist, for wealth redistribution purposed in some Robin Hood scheme based on liberal guilt

You want your piece of the pie... work for it... invent something.. make yourself valuable... or hell, win the fucking lottery for all I care....

Retarded leftists think private property and holdings of others is owed to them

And the counterpoint to that would be that "retarded" rightists firmly believe that large corporate entities should be able to profit from using a lion's share of the existing infrastructure, and rape the land of it's fine natural resources, without paying for said use.

Forum List

Back