Report: Israel Won't Warn U.S. Before Strike On Iran

By KIMBERLY DOZIER

WASHINGTON -- Israeli officials say they won't warn the U.S. if they decide to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iranian nuclear facilities, according to one U.S. intelligence official familiar with the discussions. The pronouncement, delivered in a series of private, top-level conversations, sets a tense tone ahead of meetings in the coming days at the White House and Capitol Hill.

Israeli officials said that if they eventually decide a strike is necessary, they would keep the Americans in the dark to decrease the likelihood that the U.S. would be held responsible for failing to stop Israel's potential attack. The U.S. has been working with the Israelis for months to persuade them that an attack would be only a temporary setback to Iran's nuclear program.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak delivered the message to a series of top-level U.S. visitors to the country, including the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the White House national security adviser and the director of national intelligence, and top U.S. lawmakers, all trying to close the trust gap between Israel and the U.S. over how to deal with Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Netanyahu delivered the same message to all the Americans who have traveled to Israel for talks, the U.S. official said.

More: Israel Won't Warn U.S. Before Strike On Iran: AP Source

U.S. Official: Israel Won't Warn Us Before Attack - Middle East - News - Israel National News

Israel says it won't warn U.S. before a strike against Iran

That's fine...but they should not expect us to join them. Simple.

For those who forget, Israel is sovereign.

They are announcing that they won't tell us, but we will know.

Somehow I'm not all this concerned about this. The bigots probably are, though.

Give one single reason that they would warn anyone before executing a surprise attack...

Hurt feelings...

We warned Pakistan that we launched on a training facility.

Result...................

We got those tents, I hear the camel didnt fair to well either.

If Israel warned us, obama would be e-mailing Ahmandinejad personally. obama has made a career out of betraying ARAB leaders, no non-arab would trust him at all. The United States is a dishonest country.

Israel should do as it pleases. Just don't cry for help if the entire region jumps on top of ya. Why they would want to put the state right where they did is comical. I get the reason why they wanted the holy land of three of the worlds largest religions, but it of course would never end well.

Good Luck!

Israel should do as it pleases. Just don't cry for help if the entire region jumps on top of ya. Why they would want to put the state right where they did is comical. I get the reason why they wanted the holy land of three of the worlds largest religions, but it of course would never end well.

Good Luck!

well, we you really take a look at how outnumbered they are you realize it don't matter. they got nothing to lose, when backed into a corner and threatened even a little dog will bite your ass.

Good Luck!

well, we you really take a look at how outnumbered they are you realize it don't matter. they got nothing to lose, when backed into a corner and threatened even a little dog will bite your ass.

Well, then get on with it. I'm not saying they should back down at all. But if they want to play all arrogant and tough guy-ish about this instead of trying to resolve it through calm diplomacy, by all means, go it alone and lets see the outcome.

i hold no stake in it. Neither should our forces. Go for it, i say.

If Israel warned us, obama would be e-mailing Ahmandinejad personally. obama has made a career out of betraying ARAB leaders, no non-arab would trust him at all. The United States is a dishonest country.

it's a little early to be hitting it so hard, innit?

Ask Gaddafi and Mubarak if they were betrayed by obama? They only country making sure that Syria doesn't go the same way is Russia.

LOL.

Exactly. Iran couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an elephant when it comes to attacking the US.

For those who forget, Israel is sovereign..

For those who forget , Israel is a parasitic state which depends on the US for its financial and military assistance .

Americans are presently paying $6.00 a gallon for gas and will pay more because their leaders want to have the luxury of financing the Jewish State.

I think this is all just P-R bullshit, but i have a question for the defenders.

Would you support Israel not telling the U.S. pre-attack, and support running to the U.S. for help post-attack?

Signs of distrust.

Obama:
I will rebuild our international relations. Other countries will trust us once again.

Yep, that sure worked out....

I think this is all just P-R bullshit, but i have a question for the defenders.

Would you support Israel not telling the U.S. pre-attack, and support running to the U.S. for help post-attack?

The government controlled media will inform us, 24/7, that poor Israel needs the US help post attack.

Remembered 3 years ago when they invaded Southern Lebanon and Hezbollah tore them a new one?

For those who forget, Israel is sovereign..

For those who forget , Israel is a parasitic state which depends on the US for its financial and military assistance .

Americans are presently paying $6.00 a gallon for gas and will pay more because their leaders want to have the luxury of financing the Jewish State.

Und der Katze sagt:

Call it a Zionist State or Israeli State, but it's hardly a Jewish State.

SUPPORT THE TRUE TORAH JEWS

Bullshite. Anything Israel does, will have to be supported and approved by the U.S. Government. That's just the way it is.

Forum List

Back