Report: Israel, Hamas agree on 2-week truce

Ever major city in the US is having protest marches about Gaza.

They are growing every day.

The anti Vietnam war movement started out in the same way.

LOL, so untrue! Most Americans are talking about the upcoming Obama Presidency and our current economic crisis!

Seems Israel wanted a permanent ceasefire, but the terrorists at Hamas wanted a 12 month renewable ceasefire, with all the tunnels open so they could get more weapons and then in a year start shooting again.

Like everyone in the world is stupid but them.... :lol:

Armed struggle against the existence of Israel is the core value of Hamas, and the conditions for a truce that Israel demanded amounted to Hamas agreeing to the end of its armed struggle although it didn't require Hamas to make a statement to that effect. The Hamas leadership cannot agree to such terms and survive. The question is, how many Gazans can survive such leadership?

Ever major city in the US is having protest marches about Gaza.

They are growing every day.

The anti Vietnam war movement started out in the same way.

The protests during the Vietnam era were about US soldiers dying in Vietnam. Once our troops were out, Americans lost all interest in what followed. No American troops are dying in Gaza.

The protests during the Vietnam era were about US soldiers dying in Vietnam. Once our troops were out, Americans lost all interest in what followed. No American troops are dying in Gaza.
I was one of those long haired Vietnam Vets who marched in several anti-war demonstrations.

So I can tell you from first hand experiance, that the protests were more about American Imperialism and the bombing of innocent civilians in the north more than anything.

I was one of those long haired Vietnam Vets who marched in several anti-war demonstrations.

So I can tell you from first hand experiance, that the protests were more about American Imperialism and the bombing of innocent civilians in the north more than anything.

Nonsense. Opposition to the war had nothing to do with opposition to US foreign policy; it was about young Americans going off to fight in a war that a majority of Americans came to believe couldn't be won.

I was there and took part in the protests.

I know what was said and what we were marching against.

You may know what you thought you were marching against and what a few people around you were marching against, but the anti war movement that changed US policy was by people who opposed the war only after they stopped believing we could win it. The Tet offensive was the big turning point in popular opinion because it led to the belief that no matter how often we beat the North Vietnamese the war would never end and young Americans would continue being drafted.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!!! :lol:

You're very welcome. So, now you see why the Vietnam era anti war movement is irrelevant to the current operation in Gaza, and in a larger sense, is irrelevant to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.

Forum List

Back