Report: Iran Willing To Attack On American Soil...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds.

U.S. intelligence agencies believe that Iran is prepared to launch terrorist attacks inside the United States in response to perceived threats from America and its allies, the U.S. spy chief said Tuesday.

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. said in prepared testimony that an alleged Iranian plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington that was uncovered last year reflects an aggressive new willingness within the upper ranks of the Islamist republic to authorize attacks against the United States.

That plot “shows that some Iranian officials — probably including Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei — have changed their calculus and are now more willing to conduct an attack in the United States in response to real or perceived U.S. actions that threaten the regime,” Clapper said in the testimony, which was submitted to the Senate Intelligence Committee in advance of a threat assessment hearing Tuesday. “We are also concerned about Iranian plotting against U.S. or allied interests overseas.”

The assessment signals a potentially dire new direction in the adversarial relationship between the United States and Iran, at a time when there are indications that a covert campaign is already underway to thwart Iran’s alleged ambition to develop a nuclear weapon.

Clapper’s warning about Iran was delivered as part of the U.S. intelligence community’s annual overview of the nation’s most serious national security concerns. As the hearing got underway, Clapper signaled that the United States is seeking to avoid a violent confrontation with Iran, instead pushing for more and more sanctions while also monitoring the possibility of a preemptive strike by Israel.

Read More:
Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds - The Washington Post
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds.

U.S. intelligence agencies believe that Iran is prepared to launch terrorist attacks inside the United States in response to perceived threats from America and its allies, the U.S. spy chief said Tuesday.

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. said in prepared testimony that an alleged Iranian plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington that was uncovered last year reflects an aggressive new willingness within the upper ranks of the Islamist republic to authorize attacks against the United States.

That plot “shows that some Iranian officials — probably including Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei — have changed their calculus and are now more willing to conduct an attack in the United States in response to real or perceived U.S. actions that threaten the regime,” Clapper said in the testimony, which was submitted to the Senate Intelligence Committee in advance of a threat assessment hearing Tuesday. “We are also concerned about Iranian plotting against U.S. or allied interests overseas.”

The assessment signals a potentially dire new direction in the adversarial relationship between the United States and Iran, at a time when there are indications that a covert campaign is already underway to thwart Iran’s alleged ambition to develop a nuclear weapon.

Clapper’s warning about Iran was delivered as part of the U.S. intelligence community’s annual overview of the nation’s most serious national security concerns. As the hearing got underway, Clapper signaled that the United States is seeking to avoid a violent confrontation with Iran, instead pushing for more and more sanctions while also monitoring the possibility of a preemptive strike by Israel.

Read More:
Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds - The Washington Post
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Bring it Iran !!!! I would love to see your Navy depart International Waters and enter American Waters - in and around Norfolk would be fine - and be VAPORIZED in about 10 minutes.

well... I guess they theoretically could... We'd have to pave the way for them with our Navy so the Pirates of Somalia don't get them, then they'd have to steam their outdated Naval Vessels out of the Persian Gulf, into the Gulf of Aden, through the Suez Canal, through the Mediterranean. and across the Atlantic.....without us knowing about it.

Domestic Terrorists? Yep... it's possible.

With what?

Are they going to row canoes into the Potomac River and throw rocks at the white house?

Because Iranian visitors or immigrants couldn't possibly make ied's in our country? Or fertilizer bombs or any other such destructive devices?

Never said they couldn't. I'm talking about the Iranian military.:cool:

Ahh, my mistake.

Their military certainly poses no threat but neither did Afghanistans.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Bring it Iran !!!! I would love to see your Navy depart International Waters and enter American Waters - in and around Norfolk would be fine - and be VAPORIZED in about 10 minutes.

I'm thinking about moving to Norfolk. Heard it's nice out there with good schools.

I'd love to live out there, but I have an insane fear of tsunamis as ridiculous as that sounds. I've had dreams since I was younger of me standing on a beach and watching a massive wall of water come toward me.

If I don't go to Norfolk though, my next choice is Charlotte.

For a Paulbot you sure seem to want us to blow the hell out of another country for no good reason.

For a Paulbot you sure seem to want us to blow the hell out of another country for no good reason.

Well basically they're considering attacking us.

Plus as a "paulbot" myself, I have no problem with the blowing up enemy nations part per se. It's the occupying them for endless amounts of time and "rebuilding" them with tax payer dollars is what I have a problem with.

After more than 15 years in the oil regions dropping bombs,missles and drones on innocent men,women and children there are probably millions pissed off at the USA government.

Now if the government knows so damn much why aren't they doing something about it?

Like putting together a quiet covert action and dealing with the matter.

Hell NO not more war spending that will kill thousands more innocent people for no damn reason.

But the administration insists that it has refrained from violent measures so far. Earlier this month, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton denied “any United States involvement in any kind of act of violence inside Iran.”

But then again that's exactly what the leaders in Iran sai about plots to attack insie the US.

Every action has a reaction. But too many Americans fail to understand that. You just can't go all over the World bombing & killing but then expect to never be attacked yourself. We've been banging the War Drums against Iran for a long time now. Any retaliation from them would be justified. It would be in self-defense.

Our Government is the aggressor but they will try to claim 'Self Defense' like they always do. They've been playing that game for many many years. But make no mistake about it, any response from Iran would truly be self-defense. Americans better start realizing what their Government's actions mean for them.

Last edited:
Every action has a reaction. But too many Americans fail to understand that. You just can't go all over the World bombing & killing but then expect to never be attacked yourself. We've been banging the War Drums against Iran for a long time now. Any retaliation from them would be justified. It would be in self-defense.

Our Government is the aggressor but they will try to claim 'Self Defense' like they always do. They've been playing that game for many many years. But make no mistake about it, any response from Iran would truly be self-defense. Americans better start realizing what their Government's actions mean for them.

Wow... and you call yourself an American? Read Howard Zinn's "people's history of the United States". You'll see we've been the aggressor almost exclusively throughout our history.

Wow... and you call yourself an American? Read Howard Zinn's "people's history of the United States". You'll see we've been the aggressor almost exclusively throughout our history.

Yes, we are most often the aggressor. But our Government always tries to claim it's all just 'Self-Defense.' We've been wanting to attack Iran for a long time. Any response from them would truly be self-defense. They would be justified. So Americans better brace themselves. This action will result in a reaction as well.

Forum List

Back