Report: Gates Asks Bush War Team to Stay On

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates is asking many of the Bush administration's 250 Pentagon political appointees to remain on the job until the incoming Obama administration finds replacements -- a move designed to prevent a leadership vacuum with U.S. troops engaged in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Washington Times reported Tuesday.

The unusual request ensures that key policy positions will not be left to "acting" subordinates as typically occurs when political appointees are directed to resign during a presidential transition, according to the Times.

"I have received authorization from the president-elect's transition team to extend a number of Department of Defense political appointees an invitation to voluntarily remain in their current positions until replaced," Gates said in a Friday e-mail, the Times reported.

Report: Gates Asks Bush War Team to Stay On - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

CHANGEwait for it.:lol:

You know, it was this douchebag asshole (Gates) who was responsible for the lie of needing to go to war in Iraq.

Obama has kept him on, and now Gates wants to keep on more of the Bush admin's failed idiots.

Nope.....if Obama doesn't fire Gates soon (like by Friday), I'm going to start talking bad about him all over these message boards.

And he's gonna have to do something about that transparency promise too!

We were already at war with Saddam under any rational (ie non leftist) and logical view of the situation in Iraq. In fact, from diplomatic/historical perspective we had been at war with Saddam since his daddy was president and the cease fire signed at the end of the first part of that war had long since been a dead issue as all sides violated almost all terms of the cease fire well before Bill Clinton left office.

You know, it was this douchebag asshole (Gates) who was responsible for the lie of needing to go to war in Iraq. Obama has kept him on, and now Gates wants to keep on more of the Bush admin's failed idiots.
Can't you figger it out? It's obvious, Obama can't find any of his friends that want to defend this country so he has to keep the the people responsible for the "Failed Bush Policies" in until he can find someone. My guess: A RINO.
Nope.....if Obama doesn't fire Gates soon (like by Friday), I'm going to start talking bad about him all over these message boards. And he's gonna have to do something about that transparency promise too!
You just don't get it do you? Obama lied to you! The "Change" idea was all just a bunch of happy bullshit designed to get morans like you to vote for him en masse. Gotta' give you credit tho'. 90% of you libs aint caught on yet. I guess that puts you in the top 10%? That aint sayin' much tho'.

Your anguish sustains me.

You know, it was this douchebag asshole (Gates) who was responsible for the lie of needing to go to war in Iraq.

Obama has kept him on, and now Gates wants to keep on more of the Bush admin's failed idiots.

Nope.....if Obama doesn't fire Gates soon (like by Friday), I'm going to start talking bad about him all over these message boards.

And he's gonna have to do something about that transparency promise too!

Obama knows the best people are already in the jobs they are more than qualified to do.....
He'll change them in the future, but there is certainly no hurry....

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates is asking many of the Bush administration's 250 Pentagon political appointees to remain on the job until the incoming Obama administration finds replacements -- a move designed to prevent a leadership vacuum with U.S. troops engaged in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Washington Times reported Tuesday.

The unusual request ensures that key policy positions will not be left to "acting" subordinates as typically occurs when political appointees are directed to resign during a presidential transition, according to the Times.

"I have received authorization from the president-elect's transition team to extend a number of Department of Defense political appointees an invitation to voluntarily remain in their current positions until replaced," Gates said in a Friday e-mail, the Times reported.

Report: Gates Asks Bush War Team to Stay On - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

CHANGEwait for it.:lol:

Oh my god, what a idiot you are Willow. If Obama had said fire them all, you'd be bitching about that.

I swear, you must think Obama is the president since you already blame him for all of your life and this country's problems.

Oh my god, what a idiot you are Willow. If Obama had said fire them all, you'd be bitching about that.

I swear, you must think Obama is the president since you already blame him for all of your life and this country's problems.

Are you kidding me ? You can blame anyone for screwing your country up--He doesn't have to be president.

as you well know dear bobbykins, obamalama will never be president in my eyes. but I still laugh at him and his clinton bush conglomeration.. :lol:

as you well know dear bobbykins, obamalama will never be president in my eyes. but I still laugh at him and his clinton bush conglomeration.. :lol:

Well, Bush has been my President. And I appreciate it so much that I would like the see him standing before the Hague on War Crimes charges.

Are you kidding me ? You can blame anyone for screwing your country up--He doesn't have to be president.

No he doesn't have to be president. But it doesn't make blaming him for problems anymore true.

Last edited:

This is where we divide Willow. Despite the fact I highly disagreed with Bush and wished he wasn't our president, he was still the commander in chief because that is simply reality.

Feel free to tell me when you're ready to join the rest of us in reality and going to take off the tin foil hat thinking it's November 5th and John McCain won.

This is where we divide Willow. Despite the fact I highly disagreed with Bush and wished he wasn't our president, he was still the commander in chief because that is simply reality.

Feel free to tell me when you're ready to join the rest of us in reality and going to take off the tin foil hat thinking it's November 5th and John McCain won.

Then you stupid DUmmie azzes should have treated him like he was the POTUS and not a fucking chimpanzee moron!

Then you stupid DUmmie azzes should have treated him like he was the POTUS and not a fucking chimpanzee moron!

He was/is my president, I respect the position but the man himself has done nothing to gain my respect when it comes to this country.

He was/is my president, I respect the position but the man himself has done nothing to gain my respect when it comes to this country.

No hell, youse guys didn't even respect the position or your behavior would have been significantly different. What a hypocrite. But ya know what? The point is mute. It's too late to change now, too little too late. Let's wait for the trials to begin..

while this might not be the change a lot of people wanted, it does show leadership an foresight
we are still in a state of war and its clear Obama is mindful of that fact and wants to keep those people in leadership positions for a gradual transition

Forum List

Back