REPORT: Emerging Culture of Paranoia

WOW! Media Matters posted not only some truth, but also something I agree 100%! Just not from the angle I agree with. LOL ...
its not truth

Note "some truth" ... pretty much the title and facts about the outrage from people for stupid things like bad jokes. As I said, I don't agree with the angle. Paranoia though is rampant, look at the swine flu "epidemic" ... and the "terrorists are on every street corner" ... not to mention that whenever one person disappears everyone gets all worried that "it could happen to them to" when the chances of that are still lower than getting hit by lightening ... there is a lot of paranoia and it is hurting the country. Look at the billions we waste on environmentalism when there is nothing we can do and probably no human connection to most of it. Laws that are made to protect people who are already protected by the laws. People who think that viruses will kill them so they push for excessive health care. People fearing death so much they would rather force their "loved ones" (if they really loved them they'd let them go) to live in pain or a comma instead of being freed by death. The list goes on and instead of each one passing like it use to, they stick around long enough to become ingrained in our culture now.

WOW! Media Matters posted not only some truth, but also something I agree 100%! Just not from the angle I agree with. LOL ...
its not truth

Note "some truth" ... pretty much the title and facts about the outrage from people for stupid things like bad jokes. As I said, I don't agree with the angle. Paranoia though is rampant, look at the swine flu "epidemic" ... and the "terrorists are on every street corner" ... not to mention that whenever one person disappears everyone gets all worried that "it could happen to them to" when the chances of that are still lower than getting hit by lightening ... there is a lot of paranoia and it is hurting the country. Look at the billions we waste on environmentalism when there is nothing we can do and probably no human connection to most of it. Laws that are made to protect people who are already protected by the laws. People who think that viruses will kill them so they push for excessive health care. People fearing death so much they would rather force their "loved ones" (if they really loved them they'd let them go) to live in pain or a comma instead of being freed by death. The list goes on and instead of each one passing like it use to, they stick around long enough to become ingrained in our culture now.
ah i see
you agree the paranoia exists, but not with those they are claiming it does

:lol:
ok

its not truth

ah i see

ok

:tongue: You know me better than that, I don't like the "blame the party" crowd.

ah i see

ok

:tongue: You know me better than that, I don't like the "blame the party" crowd.
well, that IS mediamatters
LOL

This is a partisan post, but when you look at conservative's fundamental positions over the last few decades on major policies, they have been so fundamentally wrong that you wonder why anyone gives them credit.

When Clinton was elected, he inhereted then record deficits, and the Dems enacted a big, and unpopular, tax increase to increase revenues to lower the deficits. The conservatives at the time said it would cause a recession, inflation, unemployment, and increase the deficits. They were completely wrong on every account. The largest boom in post war history ensued, inflation held low, unemployment dropped, and the deficits disappeared into a surplus.

When Bush was elected, he promised his tax cuts would not bring back deficits and they'd pay down the debt by $2 trillion; and conservatives proclaimed the tax cuts would spur greater economic growth. Instead we got subpar economic growth, and instead of $2 trillion being paid off, $5 trillion was added to the debt.

The neoconservatives told us Iraq was an urgent threat, Hussein had WMDs, and the Americans would be welcomed as heros in an action that would cost little in terms of American capital. 6 years, scores of thousands of lives, and almost a trillion dollars later, we're still there in large numbers.

Conservatives told us we didn't need regulation, the markets could take care of themselves. Instead we are seeing case after case where unregulated markets resulted in actions being taken for short term profit leading to enormous risks by companies that are now too big to fail that have imploded and created the danger of the first depression in 70 years.

Why does anyone put faith in conservatives when they have been so wrong about fundamental things in the recent past?

for Christ's sake the Bush tax cuts didn't cause the fucking deficit. Outrageous government spending did.

I think I'll need to start another "myth" thread on this subject, I see this claim so often.

Year - Tot. Revenues
2000 2025.2
2001 1991.2
2002 1853.2
2003 1782.3

Revenues fell from 2000 by $250 billion per year by 2003, during a time when the economy was growing at at least 3% per year.

Unless you slash spending at the same time, revenues that don't keep up with the economy, much less falling by hundreds of billions, causes a fucking deficit.

A source would be nice or did you just make that up?

And i stand by my original statement. Government spending causes deficits. tax cuts do not. So what if revenue went down? Spending increased. Spending didn't even remain flat, it increased.

First and foremost. the government need to spend less.

REPORT: Emerging Culture of Paranoia | Media Matters for America

In recent months, the violent, doomsday, and anti-intellectual rhetoric that has long been a staple of conservative media has taken a notable turn in at least three significant ways: previously confined to the right-wing media fringe, the rhetoric is now a constant across the full spectrum of conservative media; it is louder and meaner, with conservative media figures appealing overtly to feelings of anger and paranoia in their audience; and it is focused, tied to the specific political aim of undermining the Obama administration and the Congress.

None other than David Horowitz notes "an interesting phenomenon on the Right, which is beginning to cause me concern": "the over-top-hysteria in response to the first months in office of our new president." Horowitz calls this "hysteria" "Obama Derangement Syndrome."

Follow the link for the entire article.

From everything I can find so far, David Horowitz wrote nothing of the sort.

Couple sources listing him as author:

We conservatives need to calm down

Get over your Obama Derangement Syndrome | Salon

Sorry. Searched the Sun Times by author and purported title and quote-not there.

Anti-intellectual rhetoric is a stape of the left, as this thread so amply proves.

The paranoia appears to be shown by themselves and manifests itself in childish swipes at anyone who dares to question them.

Coming from a person with a brain the size of a BB that can only post one or two sentence replies?

Why don't YOU pick a topic, and you and I will debate it... it will give you the glorious opportunity to show off your intellect...

Anti-intellectual rhetoric is a stape of the left, as this thread so amply proves.

The paranoia appears to be shown by themselves and manifests itself in childish swipes at anyone who dares to question them.

Coming from a person with a brain the size of a BB that can only post one or two sentence replies?

Why don't YOU pick a topic, and you and I will debate it... it will give you the glorious opportunity to show off your intellect...

Says the person who responds with 2 sentences or rather one sentence and one poorly punctuated string of sentence fragments.

Says the person who responds with 2 sentences or rather one sentence and one poorly punctuated string of sentence fragments.

Well Yorick, why don't you pick a topic that you and I can debate... you can school me along the way

Well Yorick, why don't you pick a topic that you and I can debate... you can school me along the way

Hey you're the one who holds the opinion that a 2 sentence reply is somehow evidence of the brain the size of a BB and yet you continue to reply with less than 2 poorly punctuated sentences.

So using your logic, you must have a brain smaller than a BB.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Ok, new topic:

Why is Bfgrn a continious partisan douchebag who lives to try and belittle his oposition?

Discuss.

Hey you're the one who holds the opinion that a 2 sentence reply is somehow evidence of the brain the size of a BB and yet you continue to reply with less than 2 poorly punctuated sentences.

OK, so you should have no problem when we debate...

I'll be waiting.......................................................

OK, so you should have no problem when we debate...

I'll be waiting.......................................................

Yawn

oh goody,, the new buzzword revealed.. "culture of paranoia" I hope your kidneys fail.... ha ha ah ah aha hhhaa hah haaaa
Yup... what a rancid bitch.... of course since she's a LIBERAL, and speaking at an oblahma ass kissing party, it's funny. Had a CONSERVATIVE said something like that.... well.... just read the BULL SHIT OP and you'll get the idea....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmyRog2w4DI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmyRog2w4DI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Forum List

Back