Report: Cheney, Rice authorized waterboarding.

Frankly, I'm fed up with pussies. These people forfeited their right to a normal life when they tried to blow-up Americans, nothing is to horrible for them.

I don't disagree with you - but NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!

These fucking bastards, if they planned 9/11, should be thrown in with the worst of the worst - the general population in NY high level prisons - and let them get ass raped before they go to sleep every night.

BUT - I also think, that as America, we should also prosecute and convict Cheney and Rice. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Obama would commute their sentences - they'd barely serve a day.

We need checks and balances in this country. The centralization of power during the Bush administration's tenure in Washington was disgusting and people need to go down for it.

But you said earlier that KSM WON'T go to prison, that he'll be set free if he's tried in American court. Why would Obama push to have him set free?

Frankly, I'm fed up with pussies. These people forfeited their right to a normal life when they tried to blow-up Americans, nothing is to horrible for them.

I don't disagree with you - but NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!

These fucking bastards, if they planned 9/11, should be thrown in with the worst of the worst - the general population in NY high level prisons - and let them get ass raped before they go to sleep every night.

BUT - I also think, that as America, we should also prosecute and convict Cheney and Rice. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Obama would commute their sentences - they'd barely serve a day.

We need checks and balances in this country. The centralization of power during the Bush administration's tenure in Washington was disgusting and people need to go down for it.

But you said earlier that KSM WON'T go to prison, that he'll be set free if he's tried in American court. Why would Obama push to have him set free?

Gitmo is closing in less than a year. These guys have to go somewhere. They're going to be tried in the US. If we rule that waterboarding is torture and illegal, all of the information these guys gave us will be thrown out and these guys will go scott free.

Obama must know this, though. So, I'm assuming he has something else setup for them? I don't know - I'm not privvy to CIA Top Secret documents.

It would be very fair and just for those two criminals to go to prison forever.

This is beyond debate.

You mean it's beyond the capability of any of you lefties to debate.

One, it looks like your President is the same kind of dirt-slinging asshat the rest of you are.

Two, can you present an instance of waterboarding AFTER the legal ruling was made? No, huh? Too bad.

I see why y'all elected Obama now, though. He is the Master Deflector. And why not vote for someone whose skills you envy?

Now, do you want to re-fight WWII as well, or talk about the CURRENT President and the CURRENT administration? Seems y'all are long on the former in order to avoid the latter.

This is beyond debate.

One, it looks like your President is the same kind of dirt-slinging asshat the rest of you are.

Two, can you present an instance of waterboarding AFTER the legal ruling was made? No, huh? Too bad.

I see why y'all elected Obama now, though. He is the Master Deflector. And why not vote for someone whose skills you envy?

Now, do you want to re-fight WWII as well, or talk about the CURRENT President and the CURRENT administration? Seems y'all are long on the former in order to avoid the latter.

Torture was made illegal in the United States in the 1950s. I can cite 83 instances on one guy and 183 instances on another guy both camped on a US military base in Cuba. THAT is illegal.

I'm sorry, where in the law is waterboarding denied for interrogation of combatants? In fact, we do it to our own Navy SEALs.

I'm sorry, where in the law is waterboarding denied for interrogation of combatants? In fact, we do it to our own Navy SEALs.

As part of training so that when they are tortured they will give false information ... common practice in most countries, conditioning their military to handle torture ... :eusa_whistle:

This is beyond debate.

Basically by supporting this you and anyone eveyone else who supports torture do not have the moral ability to tell any country they are evil etc. because of human right violations. So basically by supporting this you have no say in the culture of muslim, communist or countries run by militaries that supress the people.

This is beyond debate.

So we're going throw Condi Rice in prison for protecting the citizens of the United States against the 2nd wave of terrorist attacks that were planned for Los Angeles. That in fact, were broke up by waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. Only 2 other Al Queda terrorists were waterboarded & they too gave up very valuable information that saved lives. A TOTAL OF 3 TERRORISTS WERE WATERBOARDED.

You might want to note--that "waterboarding, sleep deprivation--& other technics were LEGAL interrogation practicies during the Bush Administration.

In FACT--Teddy Kennedy took the waterboarding issue to court in 2006--to stop, & he LOST. WHY--Because this country DID NOT consider waterboarding torture. That is until our enempt President Barack Obama & his side-kick Eric Holder recently said so.

So if we're going to do this to the Bush administration--then maybe we can formulate a NEW law today to prosecute Bill Clinton for not nabbing OSB when a middle eastern country offered him up to Clinton to take into custody & he refused?

In fact, the only thing I see here--is a current President who is derelect at his # 1 duty of protecting the citizens of the United States--because he has tied the hands of the CIA--& is now threatening to prosecute a past administration that was in fact--following the laws that existed then. I think this calls for IMPEACHMENT.

The Banana REPUBLIC of the United States.

You voted for it--You got it!

well said...very well said.....

This is beyond debate.

So we're going throw Condi Rice in prison for protecting the citizens of the United States against the 2nd wave of terrorist attacks that were planned for Los Angeles. That in fact, were broke up by waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. Only 2 other Al Queda terrorists were waterboarded & they too gave up very valuable information that saved lives. A TOTAL OF 3 TERRORISTS WERE WATERBOARDED.

You might want to note--that "waterboarding, sleep deprivation--& other technics were LEGAL interrogation practicies during the Bush Administration.

In FACT--Teddy Kennedy took the waterboarding issue to court in 2006--to stop, & he LOST. WHY--Because this country DID NOT consider waterboarding torture. That is until our enempt President Barack Obama & his side-kick Eric Holder recently said so.

So if we're going to do this to the Bush administration--then maybe we can formulate a NEW law today to prosecute Bill Clinton for not nabbing OSB when a middle eastern country offered him up to Clinton to take into custody & he refused?

In fact, the only thing I see here--is a current President who is derelect at his # 1 duty of protecting the citizens of the United States--because he has tied the hands of the CIA--& is now threatening to prosecute a past administration that was in fact--following the laws that existed then. I think this calls for IMPEACHMENT.

well said...very well said.....

Thats all fine and dandy but all you who feel ends justify the means remember the same thing when someone robs you to put food in their kids stomach. So you guys see no moral issue here at all its all Republican vs Democrats. This is all bull for now on just tell the kids they can break the law when it suits them or the ends justify the means. Lets see how many people support this type of thinking then. Simulated drowning is torture, experienced it first hand just to see how it feels it is one of the most terrible feelings i could not imagine going through it multiple times. And guys you need to read up on what the UN Convention against Torture.

This is beyond debate.

wow...one of the best posts i've read.

has or can anyone refute this?

This is beyond debate.

wow...one of the best posts i've read.

has or can anyone refute this?

Yes.

Can we all reflect for a time on actual US torture techniques, such as tar and feathering.

The US used to burn people at the stake too, are we forgetting that one?

And not to mention we used to hang prisoners of war as "retribution" for the murder of US soldiers occupying territories.

I'm sure hundreds of thousands of dead POWs would choose waterboarding over their fates any day.

LOL -- Burn 'em at the stake. That's a perspective in the "war on terror" I haven't heard yet.

I cannot for the life of me imagine Obama pushing to get KSM in US courts, knowing that there is ANY chance of him going free.

Again, how do we know he's the mastermind?

How do we know bin laden and al Zawahiri were responsible?

That is actually an interesting question I've wondered about a couple of times.

I just take the Govt's assertion on face value, because there doesn't seem to have been any real strenuous denial or conflicting assertion about the point.

How do they gain intel from terrorist suspects now that harsh interrogation techniques are out? If these alternative techniques fail, do we just say 'oh well' and get hit again, even if we know intel is there? Do we just walk away because our hands are tied? I wonder how many American lives this will cost . . .

How do they gain intel from terrorist suspects now that harsh interrogation techniques are out? If these alternative techniques fail, do we just say 'oh well' and get hit again, even if we know intel is there? Do we just walk away because our hands are tied? I wonder how many American lives this will cost . . .

Same way cops do it.

Same way cops do it.

No answer for the rest of my questions?

Same way cops do it.

No answer for the rest of my questions?

That is an answer. I'm not an expert on police interrogation techniques so I don't know the details.

So did Nancy Pelosi, of course, she is attempting to act dumb, which is her natural state, but she knew and signed on as well as Hillary Clinton did.

BRING ON THE PROSECUTiION:

BTW : IS IT CONSIDERED TORTURE TO FLY PLANES INTO BUILDINGS WHERE THERE ARE SEVERAL THOUSAND CIVILIANS PRESENT????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Forum List

Back