Report: Cheney, Rice authorized waterboarding.

It would be very fair and just for those two criminals to go to prison forever.

This is beyond debate.

It's a real shame they saved American lives too.

Yeah, these guys saved lots of lives in similar ways too:

Junta_Militar.jpg

Or this swell fellow:

This is beyond debate.

So we're going throw Condi Rice in prison for protecting the citizens of the United States against the 2nd wave of terrorist attacks that were planned for Los Angeles. That in fact, were broke up by waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. Only 2 other Al Queda terrorists were waterboarded & they too gave up very valuable information that saved lives. A TOTAL OF 3 TERRORISTS WERE WATERBOARDED.

You might want to note--that "waterboarding, sleep deprivation--& other technics were LEGAL interrogation practicies during the Bush Administration.

In FACT--Teddy Kennedy took the waterboarding issue to court in 2006--to stop, & he LOST. WHY--Because this country DID NOT consider waterboarding torture. That is until our enempt President Barack Obama & his side-kick Eric Holder recently said so.

So if we're going to do this to the Bush administration--then maybe we can formulate a NEW law today to prosecute Bill Clinton for not nabbing OSB when a middle eastern country offered him up to Clinton to take into custody & he refused?

In fact, the only thing I see here--is a current President who is derelect at his # 1 duty of protecting the citizens of the United States--because he has tied the hands of the CIA--& is now threatening to prosecute a past administration that was in fact--following the laws that existed then. I think this calls for IMPEACHMENT.

The Banana REPUBLIC of the United States.

You voted for it--You got it!

Last edited:

This is beyond debate.

So we're going throw Condi Rice in prison for protecting the citizens of the United States against the 2nd wave of terrorist attacks that were planned for Los Angeles. That in fact, were broke up by waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. Only 2 other Al Queda terrorists were waterboarded & they too gave up very valuable information that saved lives. A TOTAL OF 3 TERRORISTS WERE WATERBOARDED.

You might want to note--that "waterboarding, sleep deprivation--& other technics were LEGAL interrogation practicies during the Bush Administration.

In FACT--Teddy Kennedy took the waterboarding issue to court in 2006--to stop, & he LOST. WHY--Because this country DID NOT consider waterboarding torture. That is until our enempt President Barack Obama & his side-kick Eric Holder recently said so.

So if we're going to do this to the Bush administration--then maybe we can formulate a NEW law today to prosecute Bill Clinton for not nabbing OSB when a middle eastern country offered him up to Clinton to take into custody & he refused?

In fact, the only thing I see here--is a current President who is derelect at his # 1 duty of protecting the citizens of the United States--because he has tied the hands of the CIA--& is now threatening to prosecute a past administration that was in fact--following the laws that existed then. I think this calls for IMPEACHMENT.

Did you read the fucking memos you idiot? He was waterboarded 183 times! To be waterboarded once is severe enough - perhaps not torture, perhaps borderline torture. But 10 times? That's torture. 20 times? That's on the edge of extreme. 50 times? Impossible. 75 times? 100 times? 150 times? No.

183 times.

The Geneva convention does NOT protect the rights of mercenaries. If our mercenaries that work for our private military corporations such as Blackwater were to be captured in combat, it is not illegal for them to be tortured under the Geneva convention.

The Protocol Additional GC 1977 (APGC77) provides the most widely accepted international definition of a mercenary, though not endorsed by some countries, including the United States. The Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts, (Protocol I), 8 June 1977 states:

Art 47. Mercenaries

1. A mercenary shall not have the right to be a combatant or a prisoner of war.
2. A mercenary is any person who: (a) is specially recruited locally or abroad in order to fight in an armed conflict;(b) does, in fact, take a direct part in the hostilities;(c) is motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a Party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party;(d) is neither a national of a Party to the conflict nor a resident of territory controlled by a Party to the conflict;(e) is not a member of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict; and(f) has not been sent by a State which is not a Party to the conflict on official duty as a member of its armed forces.

The United States has not officially declared war on any country since World War 2 and especially any of the countries involved in the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

Thus these terrorists are unlawful combatants.

However - it is ILLEGAL to torture people in the United States.

Torture is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. § 2340. The definition of torture used is as follows:

1. "torture" means an act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control;

2. "severe mental pain or suffering" means the prolonged mental harm caused by or resulting from - (A) the intentional infliction or threatened infliction of severe physical pain or suffering; (B) the administration or application, or threatened administration or application, of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or the personality; (C) the threat of imminent death; or (D) the threat that another person will imminently be subjected to death, severe physical pain or suffering, or the administration or application of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or personality;

A judge must decide whether or not waterboarding a man 183 times is torture. This is a no brainer. OF COURSE IT'S TORTURE!

If no one is above the law in this country and we should not make exceptions, even if we saved tens of thousands of lives, then Dick Cheney and Condoleeza Rice should both be thrown in jail. The same conservatives who said that Bill Clinton should be thrown out of office for a simple law violation of perjury are now saying that Dick Cheney and Rice should NOT be prosecuted because they saved lives.

Personally, I don't know what to think on this. I'm torn on it.

Last edited:

This is beyond debate.

Did you read the fucking memos you idiot? He was waterboarded 183 times! To be waterboarded once is severe enough - perhaps not torture, perhaps borderline torture. But 10 times? That's torture. 20 times? That's on the edge of extreme. 50 times? Impossible. 75 times? 100 times? 150 times? No.

183 times.
where are you reading that, i saw nothing of it in the link in the OP

183 times.

It's in the second post, and it was 83, not 183. if we're talking Abu Zubaida.

183 times.

then that 5 minute claim as the max time waterboarding was done is not the truth
there is no way they could do it to him 83 time in less than 5 minutes
let alone the other 2 guys it was done to

1. there is no proof of that.

2. there is no proof that even if they did, that that was the only way to save lives.

and

3. I would prefer not living in a country where people purport to do things like that in my name.

Do you think we should release all of the memos? What if the torturing of this bastard saved lives?

Can you imagine this guy going free and our former VP and SecState being thrown in jail?

This is beyond debate.

And thank God for that.

Obama did the best thing for the US.

This is long, long overdue proclomation by America, the shining light on the hill, through its president that we no longer sanction torture methods used with approval by the likes of Imperial Japanese Army, the Gestapo, and Khmer Rouge.

I think this is a very important and beneficial thing Obama has done, and salute him for it.

He is slowly relighting the badly dimmed lights of that shining city.

This is beyond debate.

And thank God for that.

This is long, long overdue proclomation by America, the shining light on the hill, through its president that we no longer sanction torture methods used with approval by the likes of Imperial Japanese Army, the Gestapo, and Khmer Rouge.

I think this is a very important and beneficial thing Obama has done, and salute him for it.

Gag me with a spoon, you should write Obama's speeches.

183 times.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was tortured 183 times.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imIMJjhHqQQ[/ame]

And thank God for that.

Gag me with a spoon, you should write Obama's speeches.
gee, i thought he was using the same teleprompter
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back